My DWC Deep Water Culture

Nutes

Thought I would touch on the nutrient lineup I am using in this grow.

I'm using the GH Flora Nova series "keep it simple" feeding chart. They even have it online.

420050.jpg

I went as far as "aggressive growth" feeding during the last week of veg and the plant loved it. Now I am in the transition stage using both Nova grow and bloom.

I also use the Floralicious Plus as a foilage spray once a week.

It's a very easy feeding schedule to follow and the Nova ph's the water for you:goodjob:

Last night I added another pump to the mix

420051.jpg

Mucho bubbles!

420052.jpg

Thanks for the kind words all:thanks:

I'll post up some pics mid week :rollit:

Re: Hi all! My dwc Deep Water Culture

Had the girl out last night for a res change and cleaning. Everything seems to be going okay, she is drinking a ton of water now. This is day 7 of 12/12, my camera sucks so no pics of the tiny white hairs growing out.

Still on the "transition" feeding schedule. Next res change I will go full on bloom with a little touch of Nova veg for some extra N as recommended by Roseman.

On to the pics! This link is the best I can do for now...trying to upload from the gallery but they don't show up when I save :sorry:

AK 1 month old - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

EDIT: pics below...

Now I got it! A little slow with this whole posting thing sometimes...still don't know how to reply to multiple quotes.

On to the pics!

420_0541.jpg

420_0571.jpg

420_056.jpg

420_059.jpg

420_058.jpg

420_0601.jpg

420_062.jpg

420_0611.jpg

I trimmed the first set of leaves from the bottom to let a little more air through. They were seeing no light. Question is should I trim further up the stalk? She is still very bushy all the way down to the base but, the next branches up lead to small budding points. This is where I need some help, I don't want to trim too much but on the other hand I don't want her spending energy on small budding points.

Thanks all...YD :grinjoint:

from what i know its not recommended to trim off healthy leaves. plants look awesome though !!

from what i know its not recommended to trim off healthy leaves. plants look awesome though !!

Thanks bro. That is what I understand also but, I see scrog's and the lower half is gone and the budding canopy looks great. I've also read about airflow underneath.

Then again healthy leaves hold food and collect some light. I will just leave them for now. If it broke don't fix it right? haha :rollit:

Nice looking grow yarddog35, I wish I could keep my plants as green as that nice f'n job...How many plants are in that res ? What strain is that ? Thanks guy :yummy:

Nice looking grow yarddog35, I wish I could keep my plants as green as that nice f'n job...How many plants are in that res ? What strain is that ? Thanks guy :yummy:

Thanks olhippy! I just have the one plant, she is an AK 48 from Nirvana seed bank.

Thanks bro. That is what I understand also but, I see scrog's and the lower half is gone and the budding canopy looks great. I've also read about airflow underneath.

Then again healthy leaves hold food and collect some light. I will just leave them for now. If it broke don't fix it right? haha :rollit:

:passitleft: Forgot the ain't...need to proofread twice when I post after a few beers and some Blue Dream haha.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

1_21_10_001.jpg
Thats my one and only AK48 from Nirvana as well !! Maybe we have cousins ? Mine used to be nice and green too ! :peace:

Nice pic, looks great! Cant wait to get to that point. Maybe they are cousins, well related that's for sure haha. Is that a recent pic, how is the smell in flower? Oder is a bridge I think I'm going to have to cross soon.

Thanks for the inspiration olhippy.

Thats about 6 wks flowering, one of the smaller interior buds. This AK smells like turpintine or something, it hits you when you walk in the front door. I may be looking into Rosemans Ono bucket soon !! :peace:

Nice pic, looks great! Cant wait to get to that point. Maybe they are cousins, well related that's for sure haha. Is that a recent pic, how is the smell in flower? Oder is a bridge I think I'm going to have to cross soon.

Thanks for the inspiration olhippy.

Yarddog and Tdog in the same thread??? Maybe you are cousins!

There are now two C5R's here too.

Day 39...

A little update today. First thing I had to do was add a 6" net pot, the flimsy pot liner was about to fail. I will edit my DIY thread soon as this was a daunting task to say the least.

I had to cut the bottom out of the net pot then cut the thin pot liner off of the root system, keeping the bottom of course. Must have been my lucky day too because the pot liner is actually larger in diameter then the net pot, the lucky thing is I had another lid I could cut a hole in.

Pulling the roots through the narrower net pet was very difficult, all in all everything went well.

420_071.jpg

Plant growth has been great as always, she is showing her little pre flowers well now. There are some better examples but my old digi has trouble with close ups.

420_070.jpg

15" plus today

420_064.jpg

Tough to get a width pic now, she is over 2' wide today

420_063.jpg

A one gallon water jug for size reference

420_0651.jpg

Zig Zag pack keeps getting smaller lol

420_068.jpg

420_069.jpg

A couple of bush shots

420_067.jpg

420_066.jpg

Still in "transition" stage of GH nutes, water gets ph'd to 5.8 and tests 6.2 24 hours later.

Everything is really on cruise control thanks to all the great advice and threads from experienced Deep Water Culture:thanks:

I have added more supplemental lighting to the closet. In addition to the 250w hps I have 3 65w 2700 kelvin cfl's around the plant. I really should be running a 400w hid light for this plant, in one more week she will be taking up more than 4 square feet. The 65w cfl's are $17 at Lowes and they run very cool. I will post up some pics tomorrow on the current light set up.

Checked my local hydro shop for Ona gel and they have it! Thanks again Roseman for the great odor thread:thanks:

Until next time everyone, happy growing!:rollit:

:peace:YD

Back
Top Bottom