My Experience Using Sierra Natural Science Spider Mite Spray

great info just seting up grow and getting close to clones wanted to know how to quarintine sounds like sns-217 is the answer.

i am a guerrilla grower so u can imagine the shit i have to deal with..i have never used SNS products but i did massive research in regards to what this stuff does..i went to sns website and got broadmite,spidermite and fungicide that i plan on useing next year to see if it will help prevent pests and also prevent bud rot/botrytis/grey mold..the bud rot is a serious issue for me since im a guerilla grower and i will find out next year if this stuff does what it says..i am pretty confident though from the research that it will do what it says bc other growers have used it for all the above and its worked..i like the fact that it is systemic as well bc it cant be washed off by rain

For indoor plants I have grown, spider mites have been rare for me. Outside this has happened a few times. But when they occurred, I actually washed off the plants with a fine but strong mist from my garden hose ( outside of course!). The hosing down alone will suppress the mites temporarily! Then one may apply the pesticide. I made a homemade infusion of a generous amount of crushed rosemary and garlic (using a mason jar and hot sunshine for a few days) with the addition of a tiny bit of soap and got pretty good results (Strain first and I diluted 50/50 with water, shook well at spray time). I did have to repeat this procedure again. I have not had to use the pesticide spray in the last few weeks of budding. I also wash the buds down before curing. I want to smoke only bud!:rollit:

I've used it half a dozen times and also the systemic 209 in the water. I don't understand how everyone else has had good results. 3 days after any spray mites are back full force. I mean I douse the whole friggin plants, container and soil as well as the walls and floor with horrible results. If the plants were past week 5 in bud when sprayed then no matter how much I washed them off the end product was not smokeable.To keep using this stuff to control the mites it would cost more than nutrients and dirt and electricity combined.
But this is just my experience. The systemic stuff claims to ward off thrips also, which I also don't find to be the case.

I've used it half a dozen times and also the systemic 209 in the water. I don't understand how everyone else has had good results. 3 days after any spray mites are back full force. I mean I douse the whole friggin plants, container and soil as well as the walls and floor with horrible results. If the plants were past week 5 in bud when sprayed then no matter how much I washed them off the end product was not smokeable.To keep using this stuff to control the mites it would cost more than nutrients and dirt and electricity combined.
But this is just my experience. The systemic stuff claims to ward off thrips also, which I also don't find to be the case.

If you already have mites this is not the product for you. I kept my plants, outdoors, 20+ in 100 gallon smart pots, mite free in Northern California using this from planting to 4 week before harvest. I am a FIRM believer in this product if used before you have issues. If you already have mites I feel for you, as I've been blessed to not have dealt with them.

Bottom line if used regularly before mite issues this stuff is amazing. I have a VERY minor thrip issue on a few plants 3 weeks after stopping the SNS209. My plants were so far along I should of left them alone.

Can avoid all sprays like this by using natural predators produced here in Canada. Fallacis when you first start growing, then persimilis if you get a hot spot. Never fails unless there’s pesticides being sprayed, less expensive if used preventativly, and so much cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom