My First AK-47 Grow

Here are some pics of my plants at day 7 of flowering not much chage yet but here you go let me no what you think thanks guys.
IMG_028113.JPG

IMG_028013.JPG

IMG_027815.JPG

IMG_027617.JPG

IMG_027514.JPG

IMG_027417.JPG

IMG_02729.JPG

IMG_026914.JPG

IMG_026817.JPG

let me no what you think.

fimming adds more branch sites, topping usually just makes the existing branches produce more/thicker flowers from what i've seen. though i don't usually top or fim my plants, so my experience is limited is this area. I do know for sure that fimming or topping while you'r already in flower will add up to a week to flowering time since it will take 5-7 days for the plant to relieve the stress and resume 100% growth rate. The growers i know who top and fim usually do this in vedge.

Your plants are looking awesome man! nice and healthy, another week and you be seeing z flowers pop!

Thanks mite i was going to give them a trim but i dunno if u can do it in flowering stage. i all just topped one of my plants to see how much more i get then the other ones.

You can trim fan leaves during flower, really you can do whatever u want, just remember more stress = longer flower period. I usually trim my plants in flower 2 times, at week 2 and week 4, i just trim off the top fan leaves so more light gets to the lower flowers.

You can trim fan leaves during flower, really you can do whatever u want, just remember more stress = longer flower period. I usually trim my plants in flower 2 times, at week 2 and week 4, i just trim off the top fan leaves so more light gets to the lower flowers.

ok kool thanks mate as mine are just over 2 weeks i mite give them a trim tomrrow.

Yea once i trimmed my plants i saw a noticable swell from them in about 3-5 days. And i left a few nugs with fan leaves around them and i noticed the ones with fan leaves never got as big as my trimmed ones. Good luck trimming, dont over do it. Take off only light blocking ones (a small one on top can block a huge nug on the bottom) take a while to observe your plant and try not to take off ones arent doing anything bad to the plant.

Thanks guys for them comments i had given them a trim but i think i have wel over done it i hope i aint messed them up i will upload some pic let me no what you think.
012352.JPG

011415.JPG

010474.JPG

009507.JPG

008552.JPG

its day 9 of flowering and still no bud is this a bad sign? i hope not lol.

your good on the trimming there bro, you can't really screw up trimming when its just fan leaves. Don't worry your plants will show flowers soon enough, took mine like 2 weeks in flower for the first to show.

Thank's guy's for the comments. im still worrird that i cant see not one bud yet im thinking its getting to cold out there it hit 6'c in there today.on my extractor fans are both the same size some one told me the intake fan needs to be a bit smaller then the out take fan is this rite guys??

Thank's guy's for the comments. im still worrird that i cant see not one bud yet im thinking its getting to cold out there it hit 6'c in there today.on my extractor fans are both the same size some one told me the intake fan needs to be a bit smaller then the out take fan is this rite guys??

What you need is negative pressure, that requires you to have positive exhaust ventilation. Otherwise you are pressurizing the area and forcing air out undesirable crack or holes. You want to exhaust heat and replenish fresh air. A real world example is if you can feel air rushing in around the door and other cracks or voids. Then you have a negative pressure situation in that area. How fine to you wish to control it? The use of variable speed fans helps a lot. One might say its about balance. You can move to much air as well. If one uses a breather or lung space, you can mix air prior to entry of the grow area. I do this and reuse some of the grow room heat in the colder months.

What you need is negative pressure, that requires you to have positive exhaust ventilation. Otherwise you are pressurizing the area and forcing air out undesirable crack or holes. You want to exhaust heat and replenish fresh air. A real world example is if you can feel air rushing in around the door and other cracks or voids. Then you have a negative pressure situation in that area. How fine to you wish to control it? The use of variable speed fans helps a lot. One might say its about balance. You can move to much air as well. If one uses a breather or lung space, you can mix air prior to entry of the grow area. I do this and reuse some of the grow room heat in the colder months.

what is happing is my tent looks like its blowing up like a bloon lol both fans are the same size i dont think that is ment to happen i was told to get a smaller one and it would stop it and it would be a bit warmer in the tent?

That indicates to me that there is more air going in than being drawn out. The real question is are you moving enough air out or too much in? You need to find your balance point. Are you controlling temps and humidity? That can influence the amount of air you wish to flow as well. Plenty of resources available here concerning ventilation and lighting basics. Sounds like it's time to bone up. (search)

Learn about CFM and the cubic are of your tent. I personally tend to go big and throttle it down to what I need. Calculated at the appropriate CFM for the space and load of the system. Then oversize it. My fans run quieter as well.

Also you need a free flowing exhaust. Free of obstructions and restriction to achieve it's design or you must allow for that as well.

End result you want fresh air (CO2), heat, and humidity control as well. Are you dealing with capturing and treating odors as well as general air quality? Is your tent in a controlled environment? Or are you controlling the environment within? Not just a simple answer really. Many ways to skin that cat as it were.

Back
Top Bottom