My First AK-47 Grow

That indicates to me that there is more air going in than being drawn out. The real question is are you moving enough air out or too much in? You need to find your balance point. Are you controlling temps and humidity? That can influence the amount of air you wish to flow as well. Plenty of resources available here concerning ventilation and lighting basics. Sounds like it's time to bone up. (search)

Learn about CFM and the cubic are of your tent. I personally tend to go big and throttle it down to what I need. Calculated at the appropriate CFM for the space and load of the system. Then oversize it. My fans run quieter as well.

Also you need a free flowing exhaust. Free of obstructions and restriction to achieve it's design or you must allow for that as well.

End result you want fresh air (CO2), heat, and humidity control as well. Are you dealing with capturing and treating odors as well as general air quality? Is your tent in a controlled environment? Or are you controlling the environment within? Not just a simple answer really. Many ways to skin that cat as it were.

thanks mate the humidity is fine just haveing probs keeping the temp up.

i had a 150mm 720 m2/h extractor fan and a 100mm 300 m2/h intake fan in a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m grow tent and it was a perfect ballance with them both on full i was getting a nice amount of negative pressure the sides of the tent were being sucked in, anyway i think you would be better off not using your intake fan at all because the negative pressure created by that on it's own will draw intake air through the vents in the bottom of your tent or maybe you should buy a fan speed controller for your intake and slow it down to less then half the speed of your extractor. hope this helps

i had a 150mm 720 m2/h extractor fan and a 100mm 300 m2/h intake fan in a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m grow tent and it was a perfect ballance with them both on full i was getting a nice amount of negative pressure the sides of the tent were being sucked in, anyway i think you would be better off not using your intake fan at all because the negative pressure created by that on it's own will draw intake air through the vents in the bottom of your tent or maybe you should buy a fan speed controller for your intake and slow it down to less then half the speed of your extractor. hope this helps

my tent is 1.2 by 1.2 and i have 150mm outtake and a 150mm intake i think thats where i gone wrong i have just orderd a speed controller hopefully that will sort my problem out

bro i just cut off a bud from one of my plants to just test it, and today i got my microscope to check the tric's for maturity level...i'm mid way through week 8 of flower and the trics are still 75% clear, the other 25% are cloudy, still i read that the femmed ak's would mature in 7 weeks....not the case in my setup, on Friday i will be giving them a flush for a week regardless of what the trics show.... oh and the bud is primo....even though what i cut off is still a week or two early its a real nice high, upbeat and energized. you'll love the end result, as i'm sure i will.

bro i just cut off a bud from one of my plants to just test it, and today i got my microscope to check the tric's for maturity level...i'm mid way through week 8 of flower and the trics are still 75% clear, the other 25% are cloudy, still i read that the femmed ak's would mature in 7 weeks....not the case in my setup, on Friday i will be giving them a flush for a week regardless of what the trics show.... oh and the bud is primo....even though what i cut off is still a week or two early its a real nice high, upbeat and energized. you'll love the end result, as i'm sure i will.

Regardless of what the trics show...bad mistake...books can be wrong but trics never lie...right now it might be a nice high..me i want more than nice...

cool mate. where i got my seeds from they said to me 6 to 8 weeks. your plants do look awsome and i still need to get myself a microscop. lol

here are a couple more pics still no sign on any bud i have put the heater in the tent now to try and warm in up.
001797.JPG

002832.JPG

003783.JPG

004739.JPG

005706.JPG

let me no what you think guys

Regardless of what the trics show...bad mistake...books can be wrong but trics never lie...right now it might be a nice high..me i want more than nice...

its not really a mistake in my situation since the following monday after i chop them down next friday there doing a apartment inspection...i have like 8 small potted plants that i can move into my buddy's apt when they do the inspection, but its kinda hard to move a 18 site table full of plants LOL otherwise i would let them keep going till they were mature, still by the time i chop it will have been a full 9 weeks of flower, so if their not fully mature atleast they will be close.

plants are looking great mirking! Mine have had ALOT of growth the last week, some of the colas grew almost 3 inches upwards and have really fattened up.

Looks like you are facing what i was last summer...only i nhad to pull early because of the weather..i had a whole month to go...it was bagseed but it was stronger than the bag...and i still had clear chomes..early pulls sucks...:sorry::sorry:

ya it sucks, though it looks like they will be ripe when i chop'em down, they will have been in flower for 9 weeks, so they should be done...though i've had some heat issue during flower due to the fact that we never really got winter temps here, normally its like -10 during the day this time of year, but today was 9c and its just gonna get warmer according to the weatherman lol damn global warming screwed my tents temps lol

plants are looking great mirking! Mine have had ALOT of growth the last week, some of the colas grew almost 3 inches upwards and have really fattened up.

kool mate i cant wait to see some pics. im haveing probs still with my plants when light is on i cant get it over 15'c and when the light is off it gose to 7'c that is why i dont think its buding but they do seem to be growing fast tho. and my nuts tank is only 7'c to.

Looks like you are facing what i was last summer...only i nhad to pull early because of the weather..i had a whole month to go...it was bagseed but it was stronger than the bag...and i still had clear chomes..early pulls sucks...:sorry::sorry:

yeah i know i just recently found one of my outdoor dug out by what had to be my moms shih tzu aka shit zoo. It was at least 1-2 weeks too early. I was heart broken but it does still smoke and i do still get stoned so guess all isn't lost.

kool mate i cant wait to see some pics. im haveing probs still with my plants when light is on i cant get it over 15'c and when the light is off it gose to 7'c that is why i dont think its buding but they do seem to be growing fast tho. and my nuts tank is only 7'c to.

I'll have an update tomorrow in my thread :)

where do u have your tent? 15c is real low man, 24c-27c is best. just pick up a fan space heater, should bring your temps back up.

Back
Top Bottom