My first attempt at greatness. And I need some help

TLAZ

Alright, so this year I decided, hey I am sick of not growing my own, so I held on to a seed from a bag of so called, "Purple Widow" I sprouted this seed along with a few other plants that did not make it. This seedling I had of this, "Purple Widow" also burned up and died, as we had a drought most of the spring and summer. Somehow though, this plant came back to life out of nowhere, and my hopes along with it. My mom actually noticed it and planted it in the ground for me. lmao. Well I have a couple of pics to show youse guys and gals and see if anybody could tell me what it is. Now don't laugh at the size because it did die, and my step dad did throw it across the yard :/.

I am also not sure when I should break her down and start the curing process, I know its when the resin glands are about 70% throughout the plant. But I don't have any magnificating items.

Pics in next post in a second

:welcome: to 420 mag!

Hey Tlaz, looks to me like you's got yourself a nice look'in lady but from what I can see from flick's is you need to let her fill out, she can get lots bigger. feed her well and in a few weeks put her in 12@12.. but for now stop taken samples off her cause its not do'in you or the plant any good.... Peace.

OK thanks. Unfortunately I won't be able to really manage the light schedule with her, I got her outside during the increasingly colder days, and bringing her in at night. She's been flowering for a while and I'm probably gonna bring it inside permanently but I don't have any special lights for it. Any ideas when I should cut her, I'll post a new pic up shortly.

Hey TLAZ, the only true way to know when the proper harvest time is is with a cheap pocket microscope that magnifies between 60 and 100 times. They are around $12-$15, and well worth it. You can speculate by eye all you want, but you won't really know if your girl was truly done. And you want to make sure you get the most out of her. When you look at a nice frosty leaf under magnification you will see the trichomes. The tops look like mushroom caps, and that is what you are looking for. You are looking for 50% amber trichs and 50% cloudy trichs. I, as well as many other growers, believe this to be the optimal harvest time.

Hope this helps you out, she looks great from my house!! :thumb:

Got to say this off the top ''macpot' is right on about the micro' you have to have one or its all a big guess'in game... dig? Smokey knows'.. Hey about that light problem you can get by with a bunch of cfls. 26watt ..do like one light for every branch. hope it helps ya.Peace.

Back
Top Bottom