My First Auto March Madness - Lemon Drop, Gypsy Widow, Cheese, Amnesia

Maybe @SmokeSara would like to see what her lights can do. I know she's been looking for a grow to showcase her companies lights. What models are you running Peeece?
Hey @Guy Cavallero @SmokeSara I'm just running two Mars Hydro 300W led panels the very low entry models... Its not nearly where I want to be as far as enough lumens or light quality... I was going to talk with you about it during the road trip. I'm either going to go with an experienced quality LED company or go the custom built ones. I need to supplement these two lights when I switch to a 20/4 cycle in another week as they are definitely on the low end of where I want to be. I'm at that point... I have other 'filler lights' that are going to help get me by for the next couple weeks... upgrading now and getting a really good harvest is a priority! lol! I was thinking of getting either one of the Epistar models or a Pro II model. I'd like each plant to be under one or sharing another larger one with these two...
Once I get the new grow room built, I'll establish a veg room where I use them in there and get something serious for the flower room. I'm going to stay LED, just have to do some research. Just look at that JH grow you are in... Whats close to the PSlight other than DIY? Is there a Mars Hydro competitor? At the end of this grow when I make the new grow room. I am going to go from my current total 5X4 room to a 5X6 flower room and a 5X4 veg room... Is there a way to give AUTOS a jump on flower? lights off, and then a new cycle?? That was my plan at the end of this week... What do yah say?

Hey peeece I'm in for a gander mate. Looking good so far
Tunkers! I saw you over on a couple other posts! Great to have you. Hows the weather where you are? For real... I'm about to lose my shit here... lol! I have been snowed/iced in for the past two days! lol! schools all shut down today... probably 6" of ice, snow, rain, repeat a few times out there... I'm glad I have a truck and 4 wheel drive. I refuse to shovel or run my snowblower after April 1st... I need some summer and some heat!!

Looking good by the way peeece. I always top my autos at 4th node. If they are healthy and growing good then I top but if I got one or two lagging behind a little bit and not growing vigorous then I just leave them be and do lst. You will still get plenty of branches by just lst. I had a few autos that branched every which way, they looked like a reveg lol. What ever you decide I’m sure they will turn out good. They are off to a great start.✌️
Thanks... I'm about to go out and have a peak at them... Haven't seen them since Friday... Hope they are still living... lol! my plan was to tie 3 down tonight after I see what happened since I fimmed/topped two of them... Depending on where the runt is today will determine her fate... lol!

I'll post some pics shortly! Stay... comfortable. :Namaste:

Tunkers! I saw you over on a couple other posts! Great to have you. Hows the weather where you are? For real... I'm about to lose my shit here... lol! I have been snowed/iced in for the past two days! lol! schools all shut down today... probably 6" of ice, snow, rain, repeat a few times out there... I'm glad I have a truck and 4 wheel drive. I refuse to shovel or run my snowblower after April 1st... I need some summer and some heat!!
Haha I won't see snow unless I travel to the coldest part of this country so yeah the weather is fine here. I was gonna complain that the nights are becoming quite chilly, but after reading that, I think I'm good lol

What's the hottest it gets in summer your way?

Haha I won't see snow unless I travel to the coldest part of this country so yeah the weather is fine here. I was gonna complain that the nights are becoming quite chilly, but after reading that, I think I'm good lol

What's the hottest it gets in summer your way?
Its nice in the summer... July & August usually between 30C-40C(sometimes) but low-mid 30C's is our summer I would say...

So after the weekend of letting the girls enjoy the shitty weather.... I went and had a peak at them...

So they are 20 days old... almost 3 weeks... Next week I will attempt to help these Auto's go into flower...

I'm going to give them 24 hours of darkness... Wgen the lights come back on I will have added all my supplemental lights with the two Mars hydro's and also give them a new light schedule of 20/4. I think I am also going to get my C02 generator (I would have used flux capacitor but it was taken...) out and get it set up and running as well.!

So here they are... my 20 day old darlings!

Looking at these pictures... I think some ponytails are in order... I'm going to do some LST as well, but the growth on these girls is crazy! Cheese seems to be blowing up and after attempting to FIM her her under growth is trying to catch up...a ponytail may just be the way to go! Anyone know how long you should keep them tied up? 4-6 hours, or should I go a day?

Thanks!

They are growing fast and looking good, great job.✌️

I realized today... I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to Autos... Just water and go... I guess...

It's driving me nuts to be honest! lol! I'm still gonna start with some flower rich nutes and give them a new light schedule.

I can't wait to get back into some photo plants... I think taking the winter off, although was necessary just due to the weather... has made me a bit stir, crazy... so many plans!! lol

I realized today... I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to Autos... Just water and go... I guess...

It's driving me nuts to be honest! lol! I'm still gonna start with some flower rich nutes and give them a new light schedule.

I can't wait to get back into some photo plants... I think taking the winter off, although was necessary just due to the weather... has made me a bit stir, crazy... so many plans!! lol

The main difference between Auto's and Photo's is that you don't change your light schedule if your running 18/6 you run your lights the full grow at 18/6. They will automatically start flowering when their genetics tell them it is time. Reducing the timing will not initiate blooming any earlier and will probably result in a reduced production.

Nutrients- you should continue using Grow nutrients until first sign of flower initiation and the you flip to the Bloom fertilizer.

They will grow pretty quick and will initiate flower at about 5-6 weeks from when they popped their heads above the soil.

The main difference between Auto's and Photo's is that you don't change your light schedule if your running 18/6 you run your lights the full grow at 18/6. They will automatically start flowering when their genetics tell them it is time. Reducing the timing will not initiate blooming any earlier and will probably result in a reduced production.

Nutrients- you should continue using Grow nutrients until first sign of flower initiation and the you flip to the Bloom fertilizer.

They will grow pretty quick and will initiate flower at about 5-6 weeks from when they popped their heads above the soil.
Thanks Troy01! I have them at full on 24 hours of light... no rest for those bitches... lol! I just dropped in my first C02 mix and by Thursday this week most of them will have had their heads out of the dirt for 4 weeks...

Soooo I should ultimately pick a light schedule and set it... So next week I will add my other lights and set a schedule... something other than 24 hours of pure light! lol Start giving them the bloom nutes. They seem to be doing well so far without any of my grow nutes...

Thanks Troy01! I have them at full on 24 hours of light... no rest for those bitches... lol! I just dropped in my first C02 mix and by Thursday this week most of them will have had their heads out of the dirt for 4 weeks...

Soooo I should ultimately pick a light schedule and set it... So next week I will add my other lights and set a schedule... something other than 24 hours of pure light! lol Start giving them the bloom nutes. They seem to be doing well so far without any of my grow nutes...

Yes you should pick a time schedule and stick with it for the entire grow. Many say that more than 20/4 doesn't really reap much additional output. I've kept mine at 20/4 since I fired up my current grows in January.

One thing to keep in mind is that the estimate the breeder gives you for your seeds e.g. 70 days is only an estimate and most plants go 20-30 days beyond their estimate. This of course also depends on how much amber if any you want.

I’ve run autos on 24hr, 20/4, and 18/6 and I like 18/6 best IMO. Some autos can turn into freaks and yield big. The autos I did on my first run got huge under that mars 1200. I was in soil and got colas bigger than my arm lol. I never could get colas that big with photos in soil under the mars light. I wonder why autos tend to get bigger buds with less light. I have heard they use less Nutes and less light and after that first run I kinda believe it.✌️

Yes you should pick a time schedule and stick with it for the entire grow. Many say that more than 20/4 doesn't really reap much additional output. I've kept mine at 20/4 since I fired up my current grows in January.

One thing to keep in mind is that the estimate the breeder gives you for your seeds e.g. 70 days is only an estimate and most plants go 20-30 days beyond their estimate. This of course also depends on how much amber if any you want.
Thanks Troy! I just found pistols on one of the girls, so tomorrow I am going to adjust the time schedule and bump up my C02... They are filling in nicely...

I’ve run autos on 24hr, 20/4, and 18/6 and I like 18/6 best IMO. Some autos can turn into freaks and yield big. The autos I did on my first run got huge under that mars 1200. I was in soil and got colas bigger than my arm lol. I never could get colas that big with photos in soil under the mars light. I wonder why autos tend to get bigger buds with less light. I have heard they use less Nutes and less light and after that first run I kinda believe it.✌️
Thanks EastCoast! I was leaning towards the 20/4 but 18/6 would be easier for me to manage actually... I am anxious to see how they do in the end... so much fun!! lol!

So its been a stupid week... work wise... my kids are as anxious as I am for all the white shit to melt... They are driving me nuts! lol!

I went out and took a few photos of the girls last night... so 23 days old... The Cheese that I topped, is now pushing pistols, so it makes tomorrows flip or modification to the light schedule. I also am brewing some Bokashi Pro-Gro... I will add it tomorrow to the girls for their first spiked tea...
Next Saturday I will hit them with full on Bloom nutes to help the transition and produce some nice fat colas!

For whatever reason my phone made a few of these girls look almost yellow, now that I see them on my computer... They are all lush green, and doing well I think!

I brought the girls some water to feed them tomorrow right before the lights go off for the first time...

I was rotating the buckets and the Gypsy Widow caught my eye... nothing like those big fat Indica leafs,
I'm a big boy... big hands... Sorry for the blurple... My hand is under that leaf.

Back
Top Bottom