My First Auto March Madness - Lemon Drop, Gypsy Widow, Cheese, Amnesia

Peeece

Spring is in the air... finally after a beotch of a winter!!

I'm going to run some Auto's as a quick fix to the long cold winter we had... I've been dying to start growing again, but I am also planning on a new grow room but am waiting to be able to work in half decent weather as I can't even open my gates to the back yard due to the snowbanks still! lol!

Where was I...
My first run of auto's...
I have a grow room inside my garden shed in the back yard... Right now, an industrial power chord is running everything out there...
2- 300w LED MARS lights, and another 300w cheapo... a few florescent's as some filler lights...
I have a carbon filter, and an inline 6" exhaust fan... and for now a small heater for the few hours that my lights will be off...
I haven't decided on my time yet... maybe 20/4 or 18/6... maybe 19/5 for fun...
I'm going to fill in the starting info list that most of the journals start with but will skip the info already written

What strain is it?
4 Autos
1) Lemon Drop
2) Gypsy Widow
3) Cheese
4) Amensia

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? I'm gonna fill this in at a later date... What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? I just dropped the beans in water today! March 19th
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor grow
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Secret... nah... going to use a promix to get them going and make a mixture... right now I'm just worrying about getting tap roots, but will break down the soil and mix ratios

If soil... What size pot? The pot... Well I am going to go off the famous Flytier here on 420 and follow his lead with my pot design. I will be constructing them tomorrow so I will post a good line up of what I did.
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? My current room is 5x4x5'tall
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? none yet...
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? I'm not going to use any nutes for the veg stage of these autos... but will jump in at nearly full Bloom strength nutes at week 4 until the end. My thought is that the soil I am starting these plants in should be full of all the things a new plant needs while it is in its veg state... Hit it with good clean H20 and hopefully the girls respond well. Once I hit bloom I will be using the Organic General Hydroponics line.

This afternoon I filled up 4 glasses and dropped in the beans, I’ll try and sink them tonight, and tomorrow afternoon I will move them into wet paper towels until I get a good tap root…

I have to go figure out how to post images on this new forum...

So here is my grow room... I just finished giving it a good cleaning and will replace the Mylar that is missing on the wall and floor.

And here are the 4 beans I am going to try and encourage to be the BEST they can be and to not be shy at the dinner table!

Well you know I'm going to jump in on yours as well! Its been a long winter and I have been going a bit stir crazy not having any gardens to attend to!
I figured you was ready to get going again. At least you had some good bud from your last harvest to smoke on while you was waiting lol.✌️

I figured you was ready to get going again. At least you had some good bud from your last harvest to smoke on while you was waiting lol.✌️
Yep... you know it! I still have some good bud from that last haul... but its been tough waiting to start... lol!

I'm sitting here at work drawing stick figures and my new grow room setup...

First thing I have to do though is go home and make my Flytier pots...
I'm just going to use current gear for this auto grow... but what I am looking at doing is changing my post type.
I have a bunch of 5 gallon pails and with the screened in gazebo I made at the trailer, I have a bunch of bug screen left over, so my idea is... drill a few "holes" around the pail...and line it with the screen... LArge sturdy air pot...
I'm going to use my 3" hole saw, and my 1" drill bit to 'perforate the pails...
Maybe it will work! Hopefully Flytier will stop by and throw in his thoughts... Maybe its a dumb ass idea... What do you think? I have about 2 hours before I go home and have some fun with a drill...

I'm sitting here at work drawing stick figures and my new grow room setup...

First thing I have to do though is go home and make my Flytier pots...
I'm just going to use current gear for this auto grow... but what I am looking at doing is changing my post type.
I have a bunch of 5 gallon pails and with the screened in gazebo I made at the trailer, I have a bunch of bug screen left over, so my idea is... drill a few "holes" around the pail...and line it with the screen... LArge sturdy air pot...
I'm going to use my 3" hole saw, and my 1" drill bit to 'perforate the pails...
Maybe it will work! Hopefully Flytier will stop by and throw in his thoughts... Maybe its a dumb ass idea... What do you think? I have about 2 hours before I go home and have some fun with a drill...
I think it would work out good. There's only one way to find out lol.✌️

So I checked the little buggers and three of the four have started pushing their tap root out...

I just loaded up some pictures of the pots I am going to be using...

It will be interesting how this works out... I ended up drilling 4 - 4" holes at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions, and then fired a 1" hole in between each one on the lower level... added, 5 - 1" drain holes on the bottom... I am going to be having them sit on little wire platforms off the ground, but have them all sitting in my Gf's under the bed sweater box...
I don't know how well it will work... I was going to drill holes higher up as well, but I want that area (top half) to bulk up with roots... I don't know it all made sense when I was planning it out.

Essentially the holes come up about 9 inches from the bottom, so I should technically have approximately 6 inches of dirt from the top of the holes to the top of the dirt... but I am leaving about 3 inches at the top of the pot so I can back fill once it goes to flower...

I saw people talking about having to turn pictures was a bit challenging or trying to say the least... I just saw my pics of the pots are all sideways... sorry but I haven't figured out how to turn the pics yet...

It says I don't have permission to view the pics.✌️
Hey EastCoast... Thanks Brother! I went in and set it to everyone... let me know if it still an issue...Thanks!

I was going to go with 3 gal for the autos and get a set of 7 gal fabric pots for my photos ... had these 5 gal pails, and was checking out Flytier's journal... It looks promising...

Dropped the girls into their new homes... Found some green solo cups... seemed like it was destiny... lol

I'm doing the double cup method... Not sure if this is a thing or what...but i cut one cup in half and put it inside the other solo cup... when I transplant it, I will pull the plant and the half cup out and stick it in the ground!

There's some genius's here in this community...

I maybe some edible oil last night... I am going to try and find some capsules and experiment with different concentrates and doses...
Last nights concentrate, was 12g of 19% THC Sativa with 2/3 cup of Peanut oil... Decarbed it first 230 for an hour 15, then heated the oil and tried to maintain 225F with the oil while stirring...almost constantly...
Other than licking off my finger when I spilt filling my jar, I'll give it a shot tonight and see how I made out...
Ultimately, oil filled capsules as a delivery method would be ideal!! I'm already planning the next batch...
Anyone have a link to a great recipe? I will eventually try the fresh recipe's that Sweet Sue has going but for now, until I figure it out i'm gonna just stick with the basics...

Interesting to read of your Oil. I purchase a bunch of gelatin capsules late last year on a combination of Amazon and EBay. I was making a more solid state med and made a Potent Sugar Pill (tutorial in my signature). I was a little shy doing oil pills as I was afraid they would melt the capsules, obviously they don't.

Interesting to read of your Oil. I purchase a bunch of gelatin capsules late last year on a combination of Amazon and EBay. I was making a more solid state med and made a Potent Sugar Pill (tutorial in my signature). I was a little shy doing oil pills as I was afraid they would melt the capsules, obviously they don't.
That's where I want to end up Troy... capsules... I'd like to perfect a capsule recipe that would check all the boxes required... Grow in organic soil, or maybe hydro with organic nutes
Organic peanut oil,
with some quality grown with love...bud... Different bud for different occasions...

Back
Top Bottom