My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

420-magazine-mobile1328803547.jpg

During my morning routine I stopped to look over the plants. The auto I fimmed is looking more like a top. I think I went to low because the stem looks like it's drying out. Anyone have any thoughts?

Also the runt of the 3 autos started to show pistils.
420-magazine-mobile1390840152.jpg

I have a bubble bum strain growing in the mix which I didn't mention as part of the journal. I'm starting to think it might be a male so I'll have to take it out but the weird thing is each set of leaves has 3 max. Anyone seen this happen?
420-magazine-mobile851487147.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1885723373.jpg

My plant answered my question on whether the cut was to low to be a fim. I'm not sure if you can see the growth vertically and horizontally in this picture but it's def there. So I'll have 4 main cola's on this auto if all continues to go well.

I do have a question for those experienced with lst. I've never tried it with any of my past attempts at growing. I'm curious though, is that something I should look into? Or will the bud sites receive enough light without doing it.

Today is 25 days old. The blue amnesia runt is throwing out more pistils. The one I fimmed has continued to grow. I thought maybe she would slow down a bit but that's not the case. All seems well.

420-magazine-mobile1352128397.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2145242739.jpg

I have a question for anyone with the experience. My current light schedule is 20/4. Has anyone switched to 12/12 when flowering autos? And noticed it to be more successful?

I do have a question for those experienced with lst. I've never tried it with any of my past attempts at growing. I'm curious though, is that something I should look into? Or will the bud sites receive enough light without doing it.

I would look into it if I was you, everyone is different but I always lst mine, if you do decide to lst and one of the tops starts to get ahead of the others just pull it down a bit more and try to keep the canopy as even as possible so each top gets equal light)))
Hope this helps a little,
Have a great Sat night and a relaxing Sunday:passitleft:

I have a question for anyone with the experience. My current light schedule is 20/4. Has anyone switched to 12/12 when flowering autos? And noticed it to be more successful?

Sorry I haven't run a 12/12 with Auto's but I might know a few members who have who would be more than happy to help. I always run mine on 18/6 from start to finish:passitleft:

I would look into it if I was you, everyone is different but I always lst mine, if you do decide to lst and one of the tops starts to get ahead of the others just pull it down a bit more and try to keep the canopy as even as possible so each top gets equal light)))
Hope this helps a little,
Have a great Sat night and a relaxing Sunday:passitleft:

Hey puregreen, I fimmed 1 of the auto's after you mentioned nows the time top. I'm pretty stoked because it's looking like she'll have 6 main cola sites. Kinda wish I had done the other 2 but I wasn't feeling that confident at the time. Going forward it will be something I always do. It would still be a thought if you hadn't fanned that spark I had. I have been looking into lst but it seems like something you just have to try for yourself to understand/get the hang of.
I actually meant for my lights to be 18/6 but I guess I counted wrong on the timer lol.
If you can think of someone who grows autos under 12/12 or come across a grow keep me in mind I'd love to check out how things went.

Hey puregreen, I fimmed 1 of the auto's after you mentioned nows the time top. I'm pretty stoked because it's looking like she'll have 6 main cola sites. Kinda wish I had done the other 2 but I wasn't feeling that confident at the time. Going forward it will be something I always do. It would still be a thought if you hadn't fanned that spark I had. I have been looking into lst but it seems like something you just have to try for yourself to understand/get the hang of.
I actually meant for my lights to be 18/6 but I guess I counted wrong on the timer lol.
If you can think of someone who grows autos under 12/12 or come across a grow keep me in mind I'd love to check out how things went.

High again. I ran my very first Dark Devil Auto for its last 6 or 7 weeks at 12/12. Link is here which should take you to page 15, post 153 if it doesn't direct you properly.

That DDA was a real slow starter and the light change probably helped it a bit. I think the yield was about an ounce. I still have some in a jar.

High again. I ran my very first Dark Devil Auto for its last 6 or 7 weeks at 12/12. Link is here which should take you to page 15, post 153 if it doesn't direct you properly.

That DDA was a real slow starter and the light change probably helped it a bit. I think the yield was about an ounce. I still have some in a jar.

Perfect! Thanks MagicJim. I had actually looked over some of your posts when you first dropped in. I must of just skipped past this because it wasn't a thought yet.
One of my best girlfriends mother has a natural green thumb. Her first grow was with auto amnesia in miracle grow and these 3 plants really blow up once she switched to 12/12. I've never seen auto's get so big.
An oz off an auto seems like a great end to me. Thanks again for the link to your grow.

420-magazine-mobile121313101.jpg

Hey MagicJim I started from the beginning on that grow. I'm so grateful you shared that today!. Awesome job by the way. I just attached a picture of the screenshot I took of one of the 1st comments you received. All my pot had a space between the soil and container. I would of left it like that until my next watering which could of been a week later because the pots felt "heavy" to me. I watered them all around the edges twice taking a break in between and I was shocked to see almost no run off when I was finished. A few are a tiny bit droopy, I'm sure they'll be stretching for the light again tomorrow. That's definitely something I will always remember. So thanks again for taking a moment today to respond to something else I was asking about.

420-magazine-mobile121313101.jpg

Hey MagicJim I started from the beginning on that grow. I'm so grateful you shared that today!. Awesome job by the way. I just attached a picture of the screenshot I took of one of the 1st comments you received. All my pot had a space between the soil and container. I would of left it like that until my next watering which could of been a week later because the pots felt "heavy" to me. I watered them all around the edges twice taking a break in between and I was shocked to see almost no run off when I was finished. A few are a tiny bit droopy, I'm sure they'll be stretching for the light again tomorrow. That's definitely something I will always remember. So thanks again for taking a moment today to respond to something else I was asking about.

You're so welcome. That grow was so scary for me. But I think I learned a few things.

One of the things you'll find around here is folks are eager to help. There are times when you'll need your BS filter. If something sounds wrong, ask somewhere else.

One who has always made a bunch of sense to me is Emilya. She has a tutorial on watering here.

You're so welcome. That grow was so scary for me. But I think I learned a few things.

One of the things you'll find around here is folks are eager to help. There are times when you'll need your BS filter. If something sounds wrong, ask somewhere else.

One who has always made a bunch of sense to me is Emilya. She has a tutorial on watering here.

Her thread on that is what made things click for me on how roots grow with the benefit of watering correctly. I'll have to check out her profile to see what else she has posted.
Sure wish I found this community a couple years ago!

Sorry I haven't run a 12/12 with Auto's but I might know a few members who have who would be more than happy to help. I always run mine on 18/6 from start to finish:passitleft:

Hey puregreen, I decided to try lst on my topped bubblegum strain. I've attached a couple of picture. Do you think you can take a look and see if I'm understanding the concept? I think I might of done it wrong because the 2 shoots from being topped are now facing forward but in my mind I'm thinking once they grow a bit more I will then pull them back towards the other way. Is this correct?

420-magazine-mobile974532659.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2005606347.jpg

Re: My first brown thumb grow journal working in soil. Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Ca

Auto's don't like being transplanted, so it helps to use only one container from start to finish, Say, 3 gal pot. I hope this helps you out.

Re: My first brown thumb grow journal working in soil. Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Ca

Auto's don't like being transplanted, so it helps to use only one container from start to finish, Say, 3 gal pot. I hope this helps you out.

Hey thanks for responding. That's definitely something I've learned this grow. The only reason I started in small pots was I feared I would over water if they were in more soil. Like a mind over matter thing if that makes any sense?. Next grow ill def do bigger pots.

Hey puregreen, I decided to try lst on my topped bubblegum strain. I've attached a couple of picture. Do you think you can take a look and see if I'm understanding the concept? I think I might of done it wrong because the 2 shoots from being topped are now facing forward but in my mind I'm thinking once they grow a bit more I will then pull them back towards the other way. Is this correct?

420-magazine-mobile974532659.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2005606347.jpg

Looks good to me:goodjob:
:passitleft:

Looks good to me:goodjob:
:passitleft:

Yea you think so? Ok cool. This is the only one I'm not 100% on the sex. I'll be keeping it in veg for a while. I'm excited to see how things turn out.

Hi good looking grow! All the well established growers on here recommend 18/6 for auto's I just switched to that cycle the other day and they are looking great! A definite improvement, mind you I am just about 3 weeks in. Peace Out!

Back
Top Bottom