My first DWC grow: Need help

kakolukia1

420 Member
hi. this is my firs dwc grow. setup: 2000w led equal to 1400w hos. distanse to lamp 70cm, air bubler. i use GH flora trio+calimagik+hydroguard with tap water.ph is between 5.5-6.5. lower leawes are dying. can anyone tell me reason?? age of plant is 2 weeks...

Attachments

• 5947C44F-5203-4CBC-ABED-FB9589EC7BA1.jpeg
    5947C44F-5203-4CBC-ABED-FB9589EC7BA1.jpeg
    555.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 8E30875F-2814-4213-B144-43C3C8FCE327.jpeg
    8E30875F-2814-4213-B144-43C3C8FCE327.jpeg
    686.1 KB · Views: 127
That's pretty strong depending on their age

Max should be 1/2 of recommend strength of manuf suggested of the GH Trio
Rest can go full if needed, but I found I didn't need Calmag with the trio, I got magnesium burn

I'd cut back on all but hydroguard, and id recommend getting z7 as well, works great with hydroguard for enzymes

That's pretty strong depending on their age

Max should be 1/2 of recommend strength of manuf suggested of the GH Trio
Rest can go full if needed, but I found I didn't need Calmag with the trio, I got magnesium burn

I'd cut back on all but hydroguard, and id recommend getting z7 as well, works great with hydroguard for enzymes
20 ml of nutes for 30 liters of reservoir water i believe is exactly half of manufacturers recommended dosage thats why im confused. so u think this symptom looks like nutrition burn??

hi. this is my firs dwc grow. setup: 2000w led equal to 1400w hos. distanse to lamp 70cm, air bubler. i use GH flora trio+calimagik+hydroguard with tap water.ph is between 5.5-6.5. lower leawes are dying. can anyone tell me reason?? age of plant is 2 weeks...

If at all possible try and get R/O water for your plants, if not let your tap water sit out as long as possible to expel the chlorine. Not sure where you get you tap water...lake, river, stream, or well, that also determines how much TDS is in your water. To much impacts your nutrient intake. What do the roots look like? All white and happy. Plenty of air?
For me adding Root 66 the first month along with a 3 part fertilizer works great in DWC. Hope that helps.:peace:

AzLaker
:cool:

If at all possible try and get R/O water for your plants, if not let your tap water sit out as long as possible to expel the chlorine. Not sure where you get you tap water...lake, river, stream, or well, that also determines how much TDS is in your water. To much impacts your nutrient intake. What do the roots look like? All white and happy. Plenty of air?
For me adding Root 66 the first month along with a 3 part fertilizer works great in DWC. Hope that helps.:peace:

AzLaker

hi there. i use tap water with tds of 125. after i add flora trio, calimagic and hydroguard the tds level goes up to 600. after i noticed that problem i sprayed the plant with anti-fungus spray, changed reservoir water and cut all badly infected leaves. that was 2 days ago and since than i didnt notice any new infected leaves but there are stil some spots on the leaves which i've decided not to cut off because infected parts were too little. please have a look at pictures and give ur opinion about those little spots on the leaves and also please give advice on root condition. most of roots are white but there are some amount of roots light orange. is that a problem?? PS: thanks everyone for your response. im new to dwc grow and im greatefull of all people on this site helping each other! <3
IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG

Plant looks a lot better, leaf tips look a little burned, maybe over fertilized liked Scorpio pointed out.
My only concern would be the color of your roots. some look a little brown and some look green, like algae. Does any light penetrate your grow tub?
I might get beat up a little for saying this, but part of your problem might also be using Cal/Mag as a additive. Combined with your GH nutes, you might be over doing it with the Cal/Mag and it could be why some of your roots are brown and leaf tips burned.
Overall, plant looks good, just some minor tweaking and you should be fine.

AzLaker

Plant looks a lot better, leaf tips look a little burned, maybe over fertilized liked Scorpio pointed out.
My only concern would be the color of your roots. some look a little brown and some look green, like algae. Does any light penetrate your grow tub?
I might get beat up a little for saying this, but part of your problem might also be using Cal/Mag as a additive. Combined with your GH nutes, you might be over doing it with the Cal/Mag and it could be why some of your roots are brown and leaf tips burned.
Overall, plant looks good, just some minor tweaking and you should be fine.

AzLaker
thank you for response. i will change my reservoir water and remove calmag ;)

You never did say if your roots where green, or was it because of the picture? Remember what Scorpio said, the best best nute absorption for DWC is 5.5 -5.8....6.0 max. Keep us informed.:)

AzLaker

I agree, you kinda of left us in the dark.;) Any updates?

AzLaker

hi all :green_heart:sorry for not posting was really stuck at work. thank you all for your advice. this lady (auto cinderella jack by dutch passion seeds) has recovered from aforementioned problem and looks really good. 9 weeks old now and really big.didn't do any training since this is my first grow :) i wonder if i should trim some leaves because there are many bud sites inside and also in lower part which cant get any light but couldn't find any reliable info on internet about lollipoping an autoflower so i decided to leave as it is :) plant height is 70 cm and width 1 meter. box dimensions are also 1x1x2.5 m and i think i have to arrange bigger box for my second grow :)))

ps: if any of you decides to visit Georgia some day and be my guest you wont regret :) beautiful country with sea and mountains, nice places and people always keen to make good new friends :thumb::ganjamon::thanks:

Attachments

• IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    698 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    805.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    839.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG