My First Grow 125w CFL - Auto Critical

smokeyjay87

hey , well here we go, my first grow and my first journal.....

so on taking advice from mono about the size of the grow space and lack of light i decided to only grow two plants instead of three..

going to make a kind of reflective wall to cut the size of the grow space. still planning on getting a 300w cf in the next 2 weeks. as cf bulbs are ideal for my situation.

just to let everyone know everything has been given to me apart from the seeds which cost 35.

IMG_065519.JPG

IMG_065318.JPG
IMG_064918.JPG
IMG_064618.JPG
IMG_064723.JPG
IMG_064821.JPG

today is 10/04/13 and i have started to germinate my seeds, i was told by a friend to just put them in a glass of water , cover it and leave it somewhere warm.

not sure how long to wait until i put them in there homes ??

also what nutes i should buy ?

right well i suppose i just have to wait now ....

PS. Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes to making this grow a success.
and thanks to 420 magizine and the staff ......:goodjob:

happy smoking everyone :goodjob:

Re: my first grow 125w cfl, auto critical .....

Leaving them in water will allow the seed to imbibe the water (1st step of germination), Leave it for 24hrs then plant it since your seeds are store quality they should mostly germinate. Also, MG is garbage id go buy some new soil, its worth the investment, if you must use miracle grow id put it in a really well drained container and leach the excess nutes out of the soil with R/o,distilled, decent tap. Use one container with soil then dump that container size of water into the soil, multiple times over 2-3 days (6-8 times id recommend) That should get most of the nutes out of the miracle grow. As for what nutes its hard to say depends on country, budget, style of growing etc. catch up on some reading here and ask more specific questions about nutes if you can.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

-Also what i would do if you have 4 seeds total and two more pots is consider starting 4, In case you loose one or two down the road and if not you can pick whatever ones look healthier and dispose of the other two if you don't have room to grow 4 out completel

Looks like a great start. My feather friend above is spot on. Soak them for a day. You're just trying to soften the shell so it can open up. When you put them into soil, you want to make sure you continue to keep them warm as well. Be careful not to dry out the soil though. Warm is maybe 70F, not 80!

I can't recommend nutes either as I grow hydro, and again Albatross is right. It depends partially on where you live. You should use nutes that are available locally. I've seen this one recommended to new soil growers on a budget. There is a whole thread on it. Might be a good place to start:
Osmocote Plus Plant Food - Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

When I first started I wasn't sure about nutes either but trial an error will be UR best friend in that instance. As for new home make sure root development is on point an u r on the right track. Just remember not to over water cause UR bored, an it's all about how u start UR beans to hope for a great end result. Cater to UR roots

thanks for the input guys getting my soils 2mro after work..

i just wanted to know if its possible to use both my lights together seeing as ive got auto flow seeds ??

any thoughts ??

been busy today got a new light reflector, bulb and a holder, coco soil and seed nutrients.

potted my germinated seeds, gave them about .5 of a liter of distilled water and the nutrients..

so i guess we just wait now .....

Use both lights and 5g will work great.

You're on your way :)

I too have some autos on da way will show you more of my Vk an critical+ grow in their 4th week an my critical kush girls that have 4 more weeks till flower.ur right it going to b a great journey

Hey dude woul love to see some pics an follow your grow.
Just planted mine yesterday .. Can't wait to see the little beauties pop there head out ...

Wht size is your grow space and what lights you using ??

Thanks for all the comments. I understand about the lights, but I can't have so much heat and electricity where I'm doing my grow..
So for now it's going to have to be cfl ..

Brought a new 250w warm cfl with a reflector .

I'm hoping with a total of 5oow and only 2 plants I should get some pretty nice buds ....

I don't have anything special its a closet grow may b a 3 by 8 with a 600 watt. Nothing special,now I use arogarden bulbs for sprouts an seedlings an I veg an flower with my 600 hps. Great soil keeps me away from nutes until I'm at med growth start nutes an veg. I don't go for height before flower I always go bigger an better an bigger in my opinion is best. Will b loading a dinafims critical kush an hso blue dream.

I don't have anything special its a closet grow may b a 3 by 8 with a 600 watt. Nothing special,now I use arogarden bulbs for sprouts an seedlings an I veg an flower with my 600 hps. Great soil keeps me away from nutes until I'm at med growth start nutes an veg. I don't go for height before flower I always go bigger an better an bigger in my opinion is best. Will b loading a dinafims critical kush an hso blue dream. Will have 4 more weeks on ck an maybe 6 on bd still have to top like to let my branch get a little more hard because I will b cloning it in my waterfarm. Ck left bd right

thanks for all the comments and advice ... much love :circle-of-love:

So its day three and ive put some ventilation in the tent (fan and extraction)

im really happy with the plants both have sprouted now and the big seed is 1in out the soil
image1448.jpg

the seed was still wrapped round the top and it didnt look right, so i just knocked it with my finger and it fell stright off. the leaves just fell apart and everything looks fine ..... i think
IMG_067515.JPG

the soil is nice and damp so im pretty happy with her

Back
Top Bottom