My First Grow 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m Grow Tent 600w HID

Dr Tentgrow, I had an entire plant on my 1st crop to turn yellow. It was due to a low Calcuim. I added a solution of Cal/Mag and the plant recover after a few days. I use hydroponics, but I think the same apply.
Great setup.

Dr Tentgrow, I had an entire plant on my 1st crop to turn yellow. It was due to a low Calcuim. I added a solution of Cal/Mag and the plant recover after a few days. I use hydroponics, but I think the same apply.
Great setup.

yeah i would think it applies to both hydro and soil, or any medium for that matter.

i had a feeling i was lackin in the cal/mag department because i was using R/O water so i did go and get some,hopefully with a that and couple of additions i can start growing some plants im proud of

and Dr. i wouldn't be too sure canna has a lot of micro and macro nutes seeing as it is a clear looking nute, could be wrong tho

The yellowing of my upper leaves is really bothering me now it's hard to find a remedy when it could be so much different things that may be causing it some of the things i think it might be is deficiency's in mag/cal sulfur or Fe or a combination of these it's so confusing! and stressful i don't want my plants going tits up on me I've put so much time and effort into them. I appreciate I'm a first time grower and I'm bound to make mistakes i just hope none of them are critical mistakes. i will up the dose of nutes next feeding and hopefully that will help. i might just be worrying to much

The yellowing of my upper leaves is really bothering me now it's hard to find a remedy when it could be so much different things that may be causing it some of the things i think it might be is deficiency's in mag/cal sulfur or Fe or a combination of these it's so confusing! and stressful i don't want my plants going tits up on me I've put so much time and effort into them. I appreciate I'm a first time grower and I'm bound to make mistakes i just hope none of them are critical mistakes. i will up the dose of nutes next feeding and hopefully that will help. i might just be worrying to much

yeah, it must be a deff. but the thing is which one, i would definitely go with the cal/mag if your doing R/O, maybe add a shot of the Terra Vega,
but most def dont up the nutes, the last thing you want is to burn ur plants when theyre in this weak state

smokinthe719 i used mineral water to germinate seeds because i read some where that it's good to use so far I've had 100% germination rates.

PhatBlunt I'm not using r/o water i wish i was my water is 240 ppm (e.c 0.4) so I'm assuming there is cal/mag in the water so the only thing i could think was up with my plants is that they are plain hungry so Ive took the risk and fed them half strength flores a shot of vega 5ml/10l rhizotonic and 15ml/10l Pk 13/14 i really hope they will green up soon because it's really stressing me out!

also whilst being pissed of with my WW's i discovered that all of my PP's had hermied on me so i axed them i think this is because i put them on to 12/12 just before they would have shown pre-flowers also there might have been a night or too where my timer failed and went 24/0 instead of 18/6 one night i noticed the light was still on about half an hour after it was meant to turn off so i don't know if i caught it on the first night or not. so I'm not a happy bunny! if i can get my WW's to green up and look healthy again i would feel better.

hi mate, you growing in your loft at all? my equipment has all tripped twice today, i am thinking because of the heat, its 32 degrees here, and i've never had problems before, at this rate my girls will have had about 5 hours light today instead of 12! grr, just wondered if you were having any similar problems, i use a 600w , with cooltube, its so hot in my loft though

smokinthe719 i used mineral water to germinate seeds because i read some where that it's good to use so far I've had 100% germination rates.

PhatBlunt I'm not using r/o water i wish i was my water is 240 ppm (e.c 0.4) so I'm assuming there is cal/mag in the water so the only thing i could think was up with my plants is that they are plain hungry so Ive took the risk and fed them half strength flores a shot of vega 5ml/10l rhizotonic and 15ml/10l Pk 13/14 i really hope they will green up soon because it's really stressing me out!

also whilst being pissed of with my WW's i discovered that all of my PP's had hermied on me so i axed them i think this is because i put them on to 12/12 just before they would have shown pre-flowers also there might have been a night or too where my timer failed and went 24/0 instead of 18/6 one night i noticed the light was still on about half an hour after it was meant to turn off so i don't know if i caught it on the first night or not. so I'm not a happy bunny! if i can get my WW's to green up and look healthy again i would feel better.
DrTentgrow Maybe your having an issue with a calicum lockout I have had that same thing before I went to R/O water. Most of the nute's require 3/4 strenght to avoid lockout.

hi mate, you growing in your loft at all? my equipment has all tripped twice today, i am thinking because of the heat, its 32 degrees here, and i've never had problems before, at this rate my girls will have had about 5 hours light today instead of 12! grr, just wondered if you were having any similar problems, i use a 600w , with cooltube, its so hot in my loft though

englishgrower try setting the lights to run from 8pm to 8am it's the coolest part of the day.

Pan4

thanks pan, thats what i wanted to do, but when i moved in, i discovered lots of clear vents, which would obviously show the light at night, and i had already done two weeks of 9am-9pm, so had to keep it the same .

obviously its still light at the moment at 9pm, so the light dosnt show, i need to either block all the vents off for the next grow, or build an enclosure between the a frames.

its been difficult in the new house, but i have to keep going as best i can as i love my hobby lol

my lemon skunk is around 7 weeks into flower now, and the whisps are rapidly turning, but i am not sure if this is also down to the heat? if they carry on turning, i will have to chop early, i'm not bothered as it smells delicious and looks covered in crystals :)

ddamn english would love to see pics
i have been doin 11am to 11pm and my box here in colorado gets to 90 F SOMETIMES like right now thats what its at i have 2 intake fans 1 huge exhaust and 4 fans to create air flow its out side in a ply wood box was inside and reached 105 F so i moved it outside so i feel ya with the heat man and i only use CFL lights but i have 10 lights going at once so even the low heat bulbs are gettin hot

i will take some pics tomorrow ( without wanting to hijack the thread! ), lol its not something us english usually have to worry about, its usually cold and bloody wet most of the time ha, i cant use my spare room unfortunately , otherwise i would!
but i have had 2 fans going today, and the extractor fan always runs when the light is on anyway, i have canged the ballast and bulb to 250w, for the last couple of weeks, as i figure this shouldnt get as hot as the 600w i was using before...

yeah my buddy has a 600w HPS an his basement stays just right he sux its alway freezing cold down there he always has to put heaters up instead of worrying about the heat hes worryin about the cold

well with the feeding it looks like you have all the elements worked out, let us know if it greened em up pics would help..

Englishgrower no I'm not growing in a loft i grow in a second floor room Ive got 2 600w hps's i am running them 19:00-07:00 and i don't really have any heat problems although i would like it a bit cooler the highest it gets is about 27-29c (80-84f) but it's really hot outside at the moment. My temps are normally 25-27c (77-80f) which i think is good considering i have 2 600w hps's in one tent.

Pan thanks mate if my plants tolerate the 1/2 strength nutes then i will up the dose to 3/4 next feeding. I was planning on feeding every other watering but do you think it would be ok to feed them next watering just to help green them up quicker?

PhatBlunt keep an eye on my journal i am planning on putting some pictures up in a few days hopefully it will be of greener plants.

Quick update as i haven't done one in a while where do i start my plants seem to be going down hill! the yellowing has got worse ive been doing every thing right i started them of on 1/4 strength nutes Ive been feeding them every other watering Ive flushed them and tried some Epsom salt in a attempt to green them up again but nothing seems to be working. Can over watering cause yellowing? i was also thinking it could be light bleaching as i had my air cooled lights about 8" away from them for a while. I will post some pictures soon but if i go near them now i would most likely rip them down in temper because I'm a idiot like that! it's really stressing me out.

Instead of giving up and stressing out, how about you get us some pics and we can see if we can help or at the least get you pointed in the right direction.. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes is all it needs... Hang in there man, sometimes the Ganja Gods test us, That's how you learn. :roorrip:

Quick update as i haven't done one in a while where do i start my plants seem to be going down hill! the yellowing has got worse ive been doing every thing right i started them of on 1/4 strength nutes Ive been feeding them every other watering Ive flushed them and tried some Epsom salt in a attempt to green them up again but nothing seems to be working. Can over watering cause yellowing? i was also thinking it could be light bleaching as i had my air cooled lights about 8" away from them for a while. I will post some pictures soon but if i go near them now i would most likely rip them down in temper because I'm a idiot like that! it's really stressing me out.

Yes, over-watering can cause yellowing. It's sort of an overall yellowing with new growth being a bit less yellow, but still not green and healthy.

I had to start over again on one grow at 4 weeks because I over-watered and my plants were yellow and stunted.

They were also droopy and not nice and perky.

regards,

SS

Back
Top Bottom