My first grow - 300W LED and a 10 pack of Northern Lights Seeds

Bill Baggs

I have done random outdoor grows in the past but nothing ever like this. I have a spacious attic and am building a grow tent this weekend from timber frame and silver colored roll insulation. I will be using a single 300W LED. I will probably fab a 3' x 4' x 60" tent with a vent and a fan for air movement. There are a few grey areas for me though.

1. How many plants can I have in that sized space, and will a single 300W LED be enough?
  2. Will I need an activated carbon filter? I understand that Northern Lights is relatively low odor.
  3. My neighbors house is about 30' away but 15' lower elevation...if odors vent through the gable vent will it be obvious? (my gable vent is the high ground in my cul de sac)
  4. If I get another light to augment the flowering should it be another 300W LED or something else?

Sorry for newbie questions but I want to make sure I do this right.

Peace :love:

c416bf9ca15b619c51b4f51ee7f6debb.jpg

e55197ecc55c0687a89d357fc8b0b2ab.jpg
a47e31ecbdae1f0b106ffc959b664ab4.jpg

My area is 2.4m x 1.5m. My tray at the moment have a 360w Spider cob led above it, as I'm just setting up this room, I will be using 4 x 90w spider cob on top trays instead of the 360w spider and 8 x 12w cob pars on my bottom trays as my Lower trays going to be a trial.

Resi now set up with heat lamp and nutrients, I will have this fully set up this afternoon with fan and vent system, and hopefully get my plants in too. I know the spider led cobs grow awesome but wanting to trial the cob pars.

Saying this I'm growing herbs but same method for all other plants.

Best thing about led grow lights you can lower light as close as u like to the plant and your plants won't burn, only down side if your in cold climate you may need a heater in your room.

Sent from my iPad using 420

Also what led grow lights are you using do they have the interchangeable lenses for the bloom/bud stage? Penetrating lens? If u put these lens on then u may have to had an additional smaller light on either side to get ur coverage.

Sent from my iPad using 420

Back
Top Bottom