Rossi19950

Hi Guys & Girls,

This is my first grow OG KUSH so help would be really grateful,

My Grow

Indoor grow
300w veg/bloom led light
canna coco
canna coco a&b nutes

My first question would be what other feed/nutes like perlite/calmag would I use with the canna coco a&b?
Also when I do water/feed do I keep the coco damp at all times or wait till dry then water/feed?

Thanks

Hi Guys & Girls,

This is my first grow OG KUSH so help would be really grateful,

My Grow

Indoor grow
300w veg/bloom led light
canna coco
canna coco a&b nutes

My first question would be what other feed/nutes like perlite/calmag would I use with the canna coco a&b?
Also when I do water/feed do I keep the coco damp at all times or wait till dry then water/feed?

Thanks
Perlite is not a nute, I suggest a 50/50 coco/perlite mix for the first couple of weeks, and a 70/30 coco/perlite mix when transplanting to larger container - do not use perlite with added nutrients. If you are able to use tap water like me, you might not need calmag - if you use r/o you will need calmag. Coco is drain to waste hydroponics not soil and should never be allowed to dry between feedings - never give plain water - feed daily to run off from the start. I feed 1/4 strength nutes for the first two weeks, 1/2 strength for the next two weeks, then full strength for the rest of the grow. That light you have will only grow one plant. Good luck.

Thanks Mick for your reply,

With each water and feed do I have to completely saturate the coco? Or lightly water it? If I’m using the tap water would I have to check the ph levels?
My grow room/closet temp is around 25 Celsius constant so do I have to water everyday?
Also with growing the OG Kush do I have to add anything else like Calcium/ magnesium at some stage?

Thanks.

With each water and feed do I have to completely saturate the coco? Or lightly water it? If I’m using the tap water would I have to check the ph levels?
My grow room/closet temp is around 25 Celsius constant so do I have to water everyday?
Also with growing the OG Kush do I have to add anything else like Calcium/ magnesium at some stage?

Thanks.
Feeding to run off is important for replenishing the nutes, pulling in fresh oxygen to the roots, and preventing salt build up. I don't know the size containers you are using so I can't comment on daily feeding. I start in 9ltr air pots and after 2 weeks I transplant to 9ltr air pots, and I feed (not water) daily from about the third day from sprout through veg, then 2 times a day when in flower.

As I mentioned in my other post - if you use tap water you may not have to add calmag because it's in the water and if you use r/o water you will definitely need calmag.

I'm growing in 100% coco with canna A&B nutrients I feed every time I water depending on the size of your containers Ifollow thw nutrient feeding schedule provided on the Canna site with added Silicon here are some pictures of my plants at 5 weeks old
IMG_309118.JPG
IMG_3096_copy.jpg
IMG_3097_copy1.jpg
IMG_3098_copy.jpg
IMG_3095_copy1.jpg
IMG_3092_copy.jpg
IMG_3093_copy.jpg
IMG_3087_copy1.jpg
IMG_3088_copy.jpg
IMG_3089_copy1.jpg
IMG_3086_copy1.jpg

Thanks.

Hey Rossi sorry for posting too many pictures I wasn't trying to hijack your thread

to answer your questions you need to keep the coco wet remember you are growing hydronicaly you should always check ph it should be between 5.5 and 6.2 you are using Canna for coco so you needn't add any calmag as it is already in the nute mix the one other thing you might want to add is silicon from Dyna Gro Canna has made it pretty simple as you can see from my pictures, sorry again, it works well and will give you great results. The OG Kush in the pictures is acutally 2 weeks behind the others I hope this helps and good luck!

Hey Rossi sorry for posting too many pictures I wasn't trying to hijack your thread

to answer your questions you need to keep the coco wet remember you are growing hydronicaly you should always check ph it should be between 5.5 and 6.2 you are using Canna for coco so you needn't add any calmag as it is already in the nute mix the one other thing you might want to add is silicon from Dyna Gro Canna has made it pretty simple as you can see from my pictures, sorry again, it works well and will give you great results. The OG Kush in the pictures is acutally 2 weeks behind the others I hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks SOG001,

Your grow look amazing and so healthy, do you cut and prune them?
When you mix the a&b in to the water do you have to leave it for a certain time before you give it the plant?
Also how many times do you transplants to different size pots, and what size pots?

Thanks

Thanks SOG001,

Your grow look amazing and so healthy, do you cut and prune them?
When you mix the a&b in to the water do you have to leave it for a certain time before you give it the plant?
Also how many times do you transplants to different size pots, and what size pots?

Thanks

I only top my plants once and then let them go till the are 5 weeks old then I do a little defoliation not alot just enough to give the bud sites more light and then the first week in flower I'll do a little more and then again 3 weeks into flower for the last time .
When mixing A&B I first measure and add A then I measure and add B the I let it sit for 2 minutes or so then I measure the PH the PH is usually high so I then add PH down let it sit for 4 or 5 minutes before checking PH again if it's where I want it I'll then water the plants with about 20% to 30% run off haveing runoff keeps the salts from building up and draws in extra oxygen to the roots.
I have started seed in Jiffy pellets but lately I have been using pint cottage cheese containers with holes cut in them for drainage and then into their final pots . I use #5 air pots and some 5 gallon buckets filled with about 4 gallons of coco coir.

I feed everyday until the water rises above the coco then let it sink to runoff to get an even distribution of water and nutes. Ill admit I havent been watering to runoff every time, at one point I noticed a tiny amount of nute burn on the tips of my lowest fan leaves, so I flushed 5 gallons through my 5 gallon pot slowly and it resolved the problem immediately.

Invest in that $15 pH and ppm meter combo on amazon and make sure to calibrate your pH pen at least once a week. Your pH should be 5.5-6.0 going in. I am not sure if your nute mix will adjust your pH because I have never used it but it is VERY important to ensure you are in the range as your pH dictates what nutrients your plant can absorb from the growing medium.

Hey buddy , I'll try to give you a few pointers that I'm sure are good info , I'm not an old time grower but I remember the small mistakes better then others.

1 . PH + EC meter, you want to buy temp compensated ones, and if you can find water rezistant . . also buy some calibration fluid, 7ph and 4 ph so you can calibrate your ph pen.

2. before you do anything else check your tap water ph and base EC . you can find nutes formulated for hard or soft water , this will save you some grief believe me.

3. there are many coco sellers out there , I would buy only Canna and stick to it , wallmart coco may work ok but your saving p and loose $ if anything goes wrong.If however wallmart is your only way , you must wash the coco and precharge with a mild nute and cal-mg (how much depends on your base tap water )

4. find an auto watering solution available to you and use it (google "blumat") , some people hand water , I personally hate it .

5. make sure your pots can drain... sewer or something bigger than your nute reservoir

6. there are mixed views about this but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't need to flush , ever, unless PH went very very wrong for some reason
(I read so so many journals where so many ppl flush when they should feed at the right ph .

There are literally books written about this so you can't put it all in one post , easiest way to learn it is by doing, keep an eye on the plants and wing it :)

Back
Top Bottom