My First Grow At The Enclave

farm420ok

What strain is it?

Multiple - Barnburner and Gunslinger (chem), White Widow & White Widow Auto & Blue Mystic

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

Sativa dominate

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg - 10 weeks on BB and GS strains, 3 weeks on the WW fems, 2 weeks on the Blue Mystic, week 1 on the WW autos

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor, except for one lone plant, that just so happened to be a male of the Barn Burner (considering keeping it to breed with)

Soil or Hydro?

Mainly Coco, but there is a garden mix of about 20-25% in some of them.

All pots have at least 50% Coco, lots of perlite, some soil and some organic potting soil with all sorts of stuff in it. Kelloggs vegetable mix (low feed mix)

If soil... What size pot?

1 plant in 10 gallon fabric, 4 others in 6 gallon plastic. Have the 2 of the WW autos started in 5 gallon, others in 2.5 gallon pots.

Size of light?

300 watt LED have HLG 320xl V2 on its way now. Also 2 t5 for seedlings.

Is it aircooled? Yes

Temp of Room/cab?

83-85 degrees with 55% (45-65) humidity during light, getting down to 72-73 at dark times with simular humidiy

Any Pests ? Some house flies

How often are you watering?

Started with once a week, then twice a week at week 4, now every other day on the bigger plants.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Using AN Sensi, and I have AN hobby kit with B52, voodoo, big bud, and another bloom booster.

So to summerize my first grow thus far, Im pretty pleased. I stunted them at first a little by using the wrong media for seedlings, as well as not giving proper nutes early enough. I kill lots of little seedlings, and had roughly 70 seeds never germ. Lately, things are going much better. Still learning, and trying to improve ever day. I would love some input from you vets.

Subbed in and watching. What kind of problems were you having with germinating your seeds?

Well, I read somewhere to PH water, my water runs around 7.0-7.4, so I used ph down, and according to CKS, that killed the seeds. So, I went and bought some high quality spring water, and no problems with germ to speak of. This was with the second and third run of seeds. My first run, I did use spring water, and had no problems. Would have never thought ph the water would hurt the germ process.

Anytime! That's strange about the ph? I hadn't heard that either. I popped 2 CKS seeds and only one cracked open.... things seem to be doing better though.

Morning All! Got a nice email, second light gets here tomorrow, so I will go ahead and install the filter and ventillation today. I generally take the girls outside to clean the tent, and do any pruning, but lately I've been seeing a few issues with the plants. More and more off colored leaves, and some tiny black spots on several of them. I'll grab some pics when they wake up, and I'm going to get a couple more sticky traps to combat the flies, as well as foliage spray with some tea trea oil. I like the organic part of that style of pest control, but it's not the most effective. Here in the south, it's hot, humid, and living on a working ranch, we have massive amounts of flies. I use some chemicals outdoors around the barn, and have fly traps all over the place. We clean every day, and it seems to make little difference. Looking for options on fly control, and should I not be taking them outside, could that be stressing them out or makeing nute issues become bigger than if left inside?

What derby said. Bugs are very scary black specks could be thrips or mites.... the former being a bit easier to treat

Looks like like a calcium deficiency to me.

Looked at that, and wrote it off simply because its been humid and I thought I was feeding them plenty. Had a hard time adjusting to part B of the sensi, so I gave them a few days and have been slowly getting back to regular feedings, so that could make sense too. Any idea a timeframe to consider, as in how long it takes the deficiency to show up, the correct once im feeding plenty? I just gave them a heavy foliage spray, and have all fans on high to rid of humidity.

Back
Top Bottom