My First Grow! Big Bud + 8 Ball Kush CFL's

FunkySkunk

Hi everyone, new member but been enjoying browsing this site for a while now, really great info on pretty much everything bud related. I learned alot from reading these grow journal's.

I decided to get my first ever grow on now I've got my own place.

I have limited money and space so I'm using my fabric wardrobe, with 2 x 65w 6500k CFL's.
I also have the equivalent bulbs only using the 2700k spectrum for when it's time to flower. i enjoy photography so will be posting alot of pics during this grow. I am a gardener by trade but never tried my hand at bud before!! So hopefully this will be a fun experience and I'l learn alot, and hopefully get some lovely results!!
Peace.
DSCF15391.JPG
DSCF15425.JPG
DSCF15434.JPG

I germinated the seeds using Westland GP compost, with a 70-30% soil to vermiculite/perlite. They were put in my airing cupboard (in the dark) in 500ml pots for 2.5 days and they sprouted!

During this time i used cardboard to make walls for my closet, using the slightly matte side of aluminium foil. I have heard this can cause 'hotspots', but it is all i have at the moment, and I'm not using the really shiny side.

Here's a few shots of them 4 days from planting>
DSCF15482.JPG
DSCF15463.JPG
DSCF15454.JPG
DSCF15425.JPG
DSCF15434.JPG
DSCF15413.JPG
DSCF15384.JPG
DSCF15404.JPG
DSCF15391.JPG

Hello there! Thanks for the warm welcome... I'l be sure to put my questions out there when a situation arises! Right now I can't do
anything but wait for my seedlings to veg veg haha! Here's a few shots of them in macro 5 days from planting.
Peace.:thumb:
Beautifull plants even in seedling form!
8 Ball Kush
DSCF15564.JPG
DSCF15572.JPG

And here's the BB:
DSCF15533.JPG

These are the pots I'l be transplanting them to in a few weeks, I think they're 3 gallon. I'm going to stick with my GP Compost as it's cheap
but up the vermiculite/perlite to 40%. Would this make for a decent growing medium?
:peace:
DSCF15444.JPG

Hey Danklover:welcome:
Not much to update really, plants have grown 2cm overnight! I'm starting to get a bit concerned about my heat issues though, I have no fan or real ventilation, just an open window but that's only in the evening when I'm home. Can anyone give me a cheap, easy but effective way to bring the heat down a tad?
Cheers guys.

Oh, I have also switched the lighting to 20 on / 4 off. Main reason for this is in the hope the plants will spend those four hours of darkness by putting out root growth, as I'm sure this will be important later on. It also gives my closet a cool-off period until I can get some ventiltion sorted!:peace:

Thanks Danklover! Got myself all worried that I had the spawn of satan growing for a sec. Haha.
I'm thinking of transplanting to the 3 gallon pots tomorrow, do you think this is too soon? The reason is because the plants fibrous roots are now shooting out the drainage holes in the pots!

Back
Top Bottom