My First Grow - Blue Cheese Fem - Mainlining

spawned

My first grow – Blue Cheese Fem - Mainling
About Jay: I live in South Africa, Love Weed and Wanna grow like a pro, the pleasure of rowing nurturing and then smoking the results, this will be my first grow, so I am totally green, don’t know what I am doing, beside reading and researching from the net, jumping in the deep end and going to have to swim.

I want to learn and that’s why I joined this forum hoping along the way you guys will give feedback/advice/critic and part with your wisdom, only way to learn….Happy Days Jay.

Grow Setup:
4oo Watt grow lights Ballast and wing reflector.
Co2 gas cylinder with regulator solenoid.
Room Dimensions 2meteres by 1.5metere 2.8 meters high
Mylar on the walls
Pots 2 - 45l ( 12 Gallon ) pots actually 35 cm wide 45 cm long 39cm high
Soil – earth worm casting / organic compost / organic potting soil / vercui & merculight / Bone meal / peat mos.
Strain: Blue Cheese Fem
Objectives of the grow:
Fuck me grow weed, as mentioned above I have total overload on what and how to do, come across Nugbuckets style of growing and considering my room restrictions I think mainling could be a very good option with some serious bondage and lst training it could work out well.

Issues:
would like to ask the following.
1. Will mainling work on Blue Cheese Fem strain?
2. Living in South Africa we have power outages approx. 2 hrs a day, I have installed emergency led lighting that comes on when power cuts, but two day of the seedling stage at day 5 power was off for 2hrs for two day what affect will it have.
Ok guy I would appreciate you feedback through this grow as it’s the only way I am going to develop and grow my knowledge.
I have images and videos up hear and on Pinterest and YouTube, I want to create a working journal from seedling to harvest photographing the grow daily and videoing the grow every 4 to 5 days depending.

Ok guys and girls please your support and feedback would be appreciated throughout the process
Happydays Jay

day4_0027.JPG
day4_0015.JPG
IMG_0008312.JPG
IMG_0006337.JPG

Re: My first grow — Blue Cheese Fem - Mainling

Hi There,
Ok my first in a series of posts, just been running around.
We are in day 6 of our seedling going in to soil, i have attached pics of them for your viewing, i am also following a debate on square bin vs round bins i have also included a pic of my square bin let me know you thoughts please.
Happydays Jay

Blue Cheese day 6
IMG_0014224.JPG
IMG_0012243.JPG
IMG_0007309.JPG

The Bin in the images below are 45liter/11.88 gallons 48cm long 36cm wide and 40cm high.
IMG_0003370.JPG

cheers jay

Heya,

I am total blown away after reading Sweetsues Journals and seeing how its done, checking out the section on how the journal are put together, man i have my work cut out, and its not as simple as placing seed in soil and watering, to achieve the results of a quality yield, the prep that goes in to it before is huge.

Ok this Journal is not dead, the seed is in, just need to sit down and rethink my approach, and learn for the second grow, see if i can make some minor adjustments to the grow.

Happyday Jay

Morning, All
OK a couple of points Soil, i find that the top cm or so of my bins are drying out duo to the lights, i suspect as to the lights being so close to the soil that it is a given, i assume that it will improve as the plant grows, but just below it moist, looking to sort out some foliage/Mulch for the top.

Room temperature and humidity, been all over the place from the start, from research when using c02 the temp can be on the high side, mine was spiking around 38deg//100.4f, this again just some small tweeking of the fans angel and speeds been able to bring it down to around 31.5deg/88.7f, and that has been consistent now for the last 3 days, the humidity i think has been linked to the top soil drying out, as it has been dropping to 42% so every 6 hour i just give the top soil a spray, to ensure that the soil is moist, that has pushed the humidity back up to around 55% and has kept it there.

At present my ph in both bin is at 5.5.

What am i growing and why?

Blue Cheese Feminised seeds from Dinafem, Blue Cheese is a hybrid created using two plants that have a great reputation, the UK Cheese and Blueberry. Blue Cheese is an Indica with a powerful and relaxing effect with lots of resin, and a high production of about 500 grams per square meter indoors. It stretches a lot, so it is advisable not to let it grow over 40 cm in height when growing indoor, as easily triples his height at flowering. It has a unique aroma of berries, sweet, fruity, with a clear and persistent background of old Cheese. The taste is incomparable, strong, fruity, sweet and spicy with a Cheese aftertaste. Plants with clearly Blueberry predominance will turn purple when it's cold at night, but since outdoors it is harvested early, only in colder regions they will fully change their color. Thanks to the fast Blueberry genetic from Dinafem mother collection, their Blue Cheese is very suitable for outdoor growing because it is faster than usual strains on the market.

So why did i choose this strain i tried some from a mate of mine in the UK when i was there last and enjoyed it, so in setting up the grown and searching for seeds i came across it on seedsman and it was a natural first choice, lastly i live in an area where there is no quality product and the prices for what is available is BS.

As mentioned in my previous post i put the cart before the horse, i did not think this through 100%, looking and reading how to do it there is a shit load of prep and work that should go in to a grow.

I assume that the seedling stage must be the most frustrating stage there is as nothing happens fast.

Happydays

JAy

looks promising, good luck

subbed for more fun

:Namaste:

Heya,
This has been a very frustrating week, searching through the archives on 420, trying to compare the growth of my seedling against others, i know you cant compare different strains but on average i feel they look stunted, could any one give feedback, the images i have loaded are from day 15 in to the grow, i know this stage of the grow is very frustrating but hell i am about to shoot myself in the foot soon.

Strain Blue Cheese fem, if any one has some feedback it would be appreciated????

MG_00571.JPG
MG_00521.JPG
MG_00461.JPG

Heya,
This has been a very frustrating week, searching through the archives on 420, trying to compare the growth of my seedling against others, i know you cant compare different strains but on average i feel they look stunted, could any one give feedback, the images i have loaded are from day 15 in to the grow, i know this stage of the grow is very frustrating but hell i am about to shoot myself in the foot soon.

Strain Blue Cheese fem, if any one has some feedback it would be appreciated????

MG_00571.JPG
MG_00521.JPG
MG_00461.JPG

day 15 you say i think we got the same strain. check my journal

Heya,

Ok woke up this morning and went to check in on the girls,
What i did notice is that there are small brown marking on the fringes of the main leaves, two days ago i gave both a kelp fertilizer, and as read on the site i only gave 25% strength.
Reason, was i am in to day 15 of my grow and there was no noticeable growth, so i figured that the soil could not have enough nuts in them the results the next day could be seen as they started to stretch and the leave expanded,

But this morning, i freaked a bit, and did the following i flushed both plants, please guys have a look at the pics and give some feedback please.

IMG_008645.JPG
IMG_0035123.JPG
IMG_0032135.JPG

I did a ph check and as you can see it about on or over the 6 mark, any suggestions.
IMG_005952.JPG

HAPPY DAYS JAY

Hey there,

Not sure what the problem was first i thought it was the nut so i flushed it, then a mate of mine told me my lights were to close so i moved them up, the lighting has been 30cm above the seedlings from day one, if any one has feedback on the lighting how high and at what stage do i drop them again would be appreciated..

here are some pic day 19 week three, they have started to get symmetrical now and getting along, hey guys feedback would be appreciated.

Happydays Jay

IMG_008247.JPG
IMG_007955.JPG
IMG_007246.JPG
IMG_007645.JPG

Heya all,
The first three weeks have been a life time as the saying goes like watching grass grow, we are on day 21 the first three weeks are under the belt,the two girls are coming on nicely now taking on some serious shape considering the first two weeks, think the next couple of weeks we are going to have some serious growth.

Here are some pics.
IMG_010940.JPG
IMG_010050.JPG
IMG_009333.JPG
IMG_006949.JPG

HAPPYDAYS JAY

Looking good bro, I'm on my first grow myself. I've done a bit of research in the subject though. In my opinion you shouldnt feed your plants any nutrients yet...i think they have get enough from the soil. i would recommend not to water them to much also, the plants like having a dry periods; its good for the roots in my opinion. Roots grow in search of water so i think if you let your soil dry out alittle before every watering it will help your plant build a good root system. Also dont worry about your top soil its always the first to dry out. Its better to keep the top soil dry so you wont get any fungus nats ...oh! And try to keep your temps between 75 and 85 degrees lightson and no more than a 15 degree temp drop during lights out... once again i would like to reiterate the fact that this is my first grow to bro ...all in all bro, your plant is looking very nice ...dont worry about her to much..

#yourawesome :)

Back
Top Bottom