My First Grow Box & First Crop Ever

Discreetgrow

This is my experience with my first attempt at making a grow box and trying to grow my first crop. When I started I had no prior knowledge on how to grow marijuana at all.....all I knew was I loved to smoke it...and was getting tired of paying for it. So here I am. After much researcher, mostly done on internet, I came up with the idea of creating my own grow box.

re: My First Grow Box & First Crop Ever

Welcome to the 420 Discreetgrow. This is by far the best place to be.
Do you have a plan yet? Like what media are you going to use?
What nutes are you going to use.
You are making a grow box, I'm guessing that you will be using some sort of soil mix. I'm a hydro man myself.
Keep in touch with us and have a Good Grow. Good Luck

You are making a grow box, I'm guessing that you will be using some sort of soil mix. I'm a hydro man myself.
Keep in touch with us and have a Good Grow. Good Luck[/QUOTE

Well first off I was trying to keep things up to date with pictures but for some reason I can't get them to upload...so go figure

And to answer your question:

Since this is my first grow...and has to be discreet...my options were limited. First I started by doing research on how and what I want to do. A lot of my decisions came down to space and money. My goal was to start off small and hopefully keep my costs down. So I went for a home made grow box. I was able to pick up a Rubbermaid storage cabinate for $60 dollars from wal-mart. I decided to go this route because I needed the grow box to look unassuming from the outside. And I thought a home made one with painted wood would look outta place considering we already have similar style boxes already scattered around my house. It ended up being 3ft heigh, 3ft wide, and 20 inches deep. Inside the box I covered the whole thing with mylar blankets I found in old survival kits that were expired and someone threw away. For ventilation I put a 4"x10" vent at the bottom of the back panel, and put a 6" fan to pull air out at the top of the back panel. For lighting I'm using 2 - 18" fluorescent lights mounted on either side panel...I have 6 CFL's mounted top of box (which I have plans on making adjustable) I also have a short lamp with the capacity of 2 more cfl's . I bought some seeds...and am currently germinating them. I plan on germinating them in some plugs that I pre soaked and placing the plugs in a solo cup with that frog tree potting soil. Since I am a newbie I figured hydro was to far outta my league.

And sorry nutes? Is that nutrients? If so I didn't plan on any. Just start plants in frog tree...then as the develop and ready for transplant...move them into foxfarm

Keep in touch with us and have a Good Grow. Good Luck[/QUOTE

Well first off I was trying to keep things up to date with pictures but for some reason I can't get them to upload...so go figure

And to answer your question:

Since this is my first grow...and has to be discreet...my options were limited. First I started by doing research on how and what I want to do. A lot of my decisions came down to space and money. My goal was to start off small and hopefully keep my costs down. So I went for a home made grow box. I was able to pick up a Rubbermaid storage cabinate for $60 dollars from wal-mart. I decided to go this route because I needed the grow box to look unassuming from the outside. And I thought a home made one with painted wood would look outta place considering we already have similar style boxes already scattered around my house. It ended up being 3ft heigh, 3ft wide, and 20 inches deep. Inside the box I covered the whole thing with mylar blankets I found in old survival kits that were expired and someone threw away. For ventilation I put a 4"x10" vent at the bottom of the back panel, and put a 6" fan to pull air out at the top of the back panel. For lighting I'm using 2 - 18" fluorescent lights mounted on either side panel...I have 6 CFL's mounted top of box (which I have plans on making adjustable) I also have a short lamp with the capacity of 2 more cfl's . I bought some seeds...and am currently germinating them. I plan on germinating them in some plugs that I pre soaked and placing the plugs in a solo cup with that frog tree potting soil. Since I am a newbie I figured hydro was to far outta my league.

And sorry nutes? Is that nutrients? If so I didn't plan on any. Just start plants in frog tree...then as the develop and ready for transplant...move them into foxfarm
Sounds like a good plan. What sort of problems are you having uploading pics? At the top of this page there is a drop down menu under Gallery. There is a how to upload pics there. If you are still having problems let me know and I will walk you thur it. Would like to see your set up. And yes nutes stands for nutrients.
Good Luck

victor_phone_154.jpg
victor_phone_162.jpg
victor_phone_160.jpg
victor_phone_158.jpg

okay....so i learned how to post pics....working on resizing The box still looks the same except for the fact that i have move one of the fans and replaced the computer fan going out of the back. i was having trouble keep the temp down in the box during the day due to unseasonably hot Oct. 103 yesterday!!!!! WTF?? So now next to germination

Ok....here is an update to date:

First question. When do i take off humidity dome off of sprouts?

My germinating seeds have sprouted.
victor_phone_019.jpg

This is Affie. She is the Afgan fem. seed i got for free from my herbies order. Is it normal for srouts to have water dropplets on them?

victor_phone_011.jpg

This is Hunter. She is a Strain Hunters Money Maker seed from herbies. Does she look funny?...not green like Affie....too much water???

And lastly...ive been having troubles keeping temps down in my grow box. With all lights on it got up to 103....i know thats way too hot. so ive been running experiments to see what i could do. this is what i came up with

victor_phone_020.jpg

i froze 3- 1.5 liter water jubs and put them in there. im only running the flourscents on the side. with nothing running the box was at 94. but now with 2 flourescents on and fans running....its down to 86...let see for how long and how low i can get it

thanks for the help.

Looks like you have been busy. LOL Your grow space looks great. The only thing I didn't see was your air circulation. Is there one in your tent? Air circulation can make a different in temp.
Just a thought. Good Luck. Keep posting.

Ok....here is an update to date:

First question. When do i take off humidity dome off of sprouts?

My germinating seeds have sprouted.
victor_phone_019.jpg

This is Affie. She is the Afgan fem. seed i got for free from my herbies order. Is it normal for srouts to have water dropplets on them?

victor_phone_011.jpg

This is Hunter. She is a Strain Hunters Money Maker seed from herbies. Does she look funny?...not green like Affie....too much water???

And lastly...ive been having troubles keeping temps down in my grow box. With all lights on it got up to 103....i know thats way too hot. so ive been running experiments to see what i could do. this is what i came up with

victor_phone_020.jpg

i froze 3- 1.5 liter water jubs and put them in there. im only running the flourscents on the side. with nothing running the box was at 94. but now with 2 flourescents on and fans running....its down to 86...let see for how long and how low i can get it

thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom