Gnarnar

I am a legal CA MMJ Patient! :grinjoint:

I decided i wanted to turn my old tv cabinet that doesnt fit my 42" LCD into a low key grow box....so i went to work.

Any suggestions are openly welcomed!

First I gutted the unit. Pulled the Drawer Faces off and the shelves out. Broke the cheap cardboard backing off and replaced with Particle board. I glued, screwed and caulked all edges.
393609033.jpg

Then i attached the drawer faces to 1 board and primed the whole unit. (At this point i had already gone too far to want to bother but i wish i would have painted them and then attached)
393609037.jpg

I spray canned Krylon Semi-gloss Black to match the rest of my bedroom furniture.
393609036.jpg

I cut a 4" Hole in the top and attached my fan and carbon filter. I also attached all the drawer pulls and handles. I cut a 2.5" hole in the back right for air inlet and put a sink drain screen over it (not shown but can provide a picture).
393609034.jpg

I put the cabinet in my room and Panda Paper'd the whole inside with a staple gun. Installed my digital thermometer.
393609041.jpg

I'm trying to figure out a better latching system. I have weather stripping i want to install and a locking deadbolt. Im also waiting on my LED light. I have an old computer fan sitting in my room incase i need to use that.

Anyways, I hope that this helps anyone thinking of making their own and am also looking for some constructive feedback.

Thanks!

I'm in your exact same spot man, you're design work so far looks excellent. Looks like you're doing your homework!! The only thing with my box is the temperature, but LEDs should be no problem there. They can change quite fast with a fully sealed box, just be on the lookout. Good luck!

Thanks! I tried to do my hw. There are so many different views on how to do things. I picked up a Prosource 180w Jumbo UFO. I have an electric temp gauge that tells me Max and min. It stays between 71 and 78. We keep the house at around 72 at all times so im not worried about the temp really.

I built a Scrog with PVC and some wire fencing i had sitting around. I'll post a picture of everything when i get home.

Looking at picking up one of those 4 computer fan controllers and running those directly on the plants to help build stronger stems. I havent been running that exhaust fan 24/7 i have it on the same timer as the light. Do i need that to run 24/7 to keep air flow?

Yes I have my intake and exhaust fans running 24/7 as well as my fan that pushes the plant back and forth. I keep the fans all running 24/7. As long as temps are fine. In my opinion it simulates nature. Wind doesn't turn off at night, right???? hahaha Yeah, I'd play around with that for now. Try running those fans more though. Watch your humidity with the lights off and fans on.

Gnarnar, Thats a nice cabinet showing some great effort :welldone: might I suggest tho that you reverse the installation of your carbon filter. By putting the filter inside your cabinet and the fan outside, it will work more effectively to suck air through the filter instead of push it through as you have it set up to do now it seems.
:peacetwo:
Bassplayer

Gnarnar, Thats a nice cabinet showing some great effort :welldone: might I suggest tho that you reverse the installation of your carbon filter. By putting the filter inside your cabinet and the fan outside, it will work more effectively to suck air through the filter instead of push it through as you have it set up to do now it seems.
:peacetwo:
Bassplayer

This is a good idea to consider. Both ways could work - but I think Bassplayer is right - this would be an improvement for you. Nice box so far!

Back
Top Bottom