My First Grow Budgeted

lagrower27

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread... I tried to put it under grow journal but it said I did not have authorization.

I recently started my first grow with a single bag seed. I didn't think the seed would germinate but to my surprise it did!

Germinated on 02/06 and saw my taproot on 02/08. Planted that same day. I am using MG Organic Choice. I know it's not the best but it was all I could get on quick notice since I'm on a budget and didn't really think I would get anything from the seed. I do plan on switching to FFOF when I transplant. I am using a CFL that is only 20W but plan on upgrading as soon as I can. So far my plant seems like it's doing great. I've watered pretty much every other day with purified water no nutes yet. I'm going to attach photos with dates.

What nutes are best? Also I am using a single desk lamp- any recommendations of a type of bulb to use? TIA!

02/08
420-magazine-mobile1459229068.jpg

02/10
420-magazine-mobile494974670.jpg

02/10 5 hours later
420-magazine-mobile2013631915.jpg

02/11
420-magazine-mobile1945055096.jpg

02/12 TODAY
420-magazine-mobile368050578.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking good. My second grow babies popped up Jan 9. Im using FFOF. Im vegging under 4 CFLs. And LST. I have my first grow bagseed in FFOF under 4 T5s and 4 CFLs in my flower house. These are also from bagseed. I use FFOF trio sledgehammer and cal mag. Ill be watching your grow. Its so much fun.
420-magazine-mobile1049660223.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1543081844.jpg

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

Looking good. My second grow babies popped up Jan 9. Im using FFOF. Im vegging under 4 CFLs. And LST. I have my first grow bagseed in FFOF under 4 T5s and 4 CFLs in my flower house. These are also from bagseed. I use FFOF trio sledgehammer and cal mag. Ill be watching your grow. Its so much fun.
420-magazine-mobile1049660223.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1543081844.jpg

Thanks Savingson!
I'm addicted to reading up on everything and will probably be growing more I just need to get my hands on more seed. This might be a silly question but what is cal mag? I keep seeing it!

Thanks Savingson!
I'm addicted to reading up on everything and will probably be growing more I just need to get my hands on more seed. This might be a silly question but what is cal mag? I keep seeing it!

420-magazine-mobile900967357.jpg
Calcium/ Magnesium
Fox Farm Nutrients
420-magazine-mobile1635822787.jpg

Hope this helps :)

I would wait until she show any signs of needing it. You dont want to over do it and cause nute burn. From my understanding MG is time released. You may wanna get her out as soon as you can. FFOF can be used w no nutes at all for a few weeks. Then start at 1/4 strength.

So I'm feeling like I might've jinxed myself thinking I was doing so great with MG Organic Choice... or maybe I'm just overthinking things. But I noticed some yellowing on my leaves last night. This morning I'm still seeing some discoloration. I am ordering FFOF this Wednesday. What could be the cause of this discoloration? It's hard to see in the picture I posted but pay attention to the center of the leaves. TIA

420-magazine-mobile110330653.jpg

Here's an update.. I've been watering with purified drinking water whenever the soil is looking pretty dry and I'm on a 24/0 light schedule. I'm noticing slight yellowing but not much to cause an alarm (IMO). I'm ordering my FFOF online today, but still having trouble finding the right nutes to ship to me at a decent price.

Where do you guys recommend I buy nutes online from?

2/14
420-magazine-mobile60788273.jpg

2/15- TODAY
420-magazine-mobile1485283412.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1382432105.jpg

Here's another update.. leaves are coming out nicely and I'm very happy with the progress. Hoping it's stays this good

420-magazine-mobile592228602.jpg

If you use purified water you will run into cal-mag deficenies. Im.running fox farm soil now and have been following a nute schedule as a base line. As priority get new soil and ph that water between 6.5-6.8.
420-magazine-mobile1740890036.jpg

Follow my grow and you can learn from my mistakes haha.

The Kushman

Do you have a fan blowing on it? Could be a little wind burn. If not i would just watch it. I had a few like that within a day or 2 straightened out

The Kushman

Anyone have any idea on what's going on? Leaves are starting to curl up

420-magazine-mobile883360143.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture - sometimes it looks like the leaves are turning up from one angle but but another angle. They actually look pretty normal and healthy to me :)

Here are some better pictures...
I don't have a fan directly facing it but in the room... I think the leaves folding up could have been because of a drop in temperature due to weather. I could be wrong though

420-magazine-mobile535356323.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1065659732.jpg

That not a big deal, if the whole leaf starts doing it then worry. And put your fan on the plants. It helps them

I agree - the leaves look very healthy otherwise and some leaves grow differently all the time I think :) At least that is true in the flower and vegetable gardens I have outside. I have a lot more experience with that than I do growing medicine. :))

Back
Top Bottom