My First Grow Budgeted

420-magazine-mobile708526026.jpg
whats wrong with the bottom two leaves i just transplanted the other day though it might be stress related from that but thought I'd ask

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1062336052.jpg

Could be a deficiency but I know I've seen posts about transplant shock and this looks very similar

420-magazine-mobile708526026.jpg
whats wrong with the bottom two leaves i just transplanted the other day though it might be stress related from that but thought I'd ask

I would not worry too much about a change to that 1st pair of leaves. Those 2 leaves will be the first to die anyways. Just leave it alone and let it have a few days to recover from the transplant. However, this is just mho, and I'm fairly new to growing so I could be wrong. Good luck whatever happens - I will watch :)

I would keep an eye on it.. give it a day and if it gets worse give nutes. I'm still new to growing too so try looking around and see if you can find a post that had the same problem :)

I planned on it:) two pots were still damp so i hardly watered them. The one that is struggling i did give a good dose of the heavy nutrients. Plain ph water for the sad one and half strength for the healthy ones

The Kushman

I've gotten some good growth on mine however the leaves are still curling a bit. The color looks great though so it's not alarming me. My FFOF soil should be here on Wednesday and that is when I plan on doing a transplant. Hopefully I don't get any transplant shock.. any tips?

420-magazine-mobile14035263.jpg

420-magazine-mobile212247693.jpg

I've gotten some good growth on mine however the leaves are still curling a bit. The color looks great though so it's not alarming me. My FFOF soil should be here on Wednesday and that is when I plan on doing a transplant. Hopefully I don't get any transplant shock.. any tips?

Just be extra careful like your holding an extra delicate baby and support the stem

I do see what you mean by the curling. I have no idea what that means though. Sometimes in my flower and veg gardens different varieties within species will have more curves leaves than others so I don't know if this is just a normal possible variation with these plants. Hopefully someone else will chime in here!

Hi there, just wanted to chime in on the leaf curling. Keep in mind that while I am a very experienced gardener, I am still trudging through my first grow of this particular crop myself, so I am not by any means an expert, and I invite anyone more experienced to jump in and correct me anytime they feel the need.

With that said, I saw similar looking curling not long ago after a severe cold spell in my area pushed my house ambient WAY down, temp in my box was getting pretty darned cold. See below.
IMAG075011.jpg
IMAG075114.jpg

11 days later after much warmer temperatures inside and out, same plant, it has stabilized and all leaves are now pretty much normal shaped. Still a hair of curl on the 2 that were twisty but all new growth perfectly normal.
IMAG077413.jpg

So as some wiser than I have said, I wouldn't worry too much, the girls get grumpy when it gets too cold, but you'd be amazed what they can take and forgive if you just show them some love.

And shameless plug of my own journal to anyone interested in a DIY organic grower's journey of failures and lessons learned. Come see my girls and tell me what I'm doing wrong (or occasionally right). Here's my biggest girl to tease you all
IMAG078210.jpg
IMAG077913.jpg
IMAG078313.jpg

Hi there, just wanted to chime in on the leaf curling. Keep in mind that while I am a very experienced gardener, I am still trudging through my first grow of this particular crop myself, so I am not by any means an expert, and I invite anyone more experienced to jump in and correct me anytime they feel the need.

With that said, I saw similar looking curling not long ago after a severe cold spell in my area pushed my house ambient WAY down, temp in my box was getting pretty darned cold. See below.
IMAG075011.jpg
IMAG075114.jpg

11 days later after much warmer temperatures inside and out, same plant, it has stabilized and all leaves are now pretty much normal shaped. Still a hair of curl on the 2 that were twisty but all new growth perfectly normal.
IMAG077413.jpg

So as some wiser than I have said, I wouldn't worry too much, the girls get grumpy when it gets too cold, but you'd be amazed what they can take and forgive if you just show them some love.

And shameless plug of my own journal to anyone interested in a DIY organic grower's journey of failures and lessons learned. Come see my girls and tell me what I'm doing wrong (or occasionally right). Here's my biggest girl to tease you all
IMAG078210.jpg
IMAG077913.jpg
IMAG078313.jpg
You might want to bring the ffof up some she's a bit too low in that bucket. But she looks beautiful either way

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You might want to bring the ffof up some she's a bit too low in that bucket. But she looks beautiful either way

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello and yes, I realized soon after transplanting that I had made a moderately big mistake, or more that my outdoor vegetable growing habits needed to be modified for indoors with a new crop. Unfortunately she's an autoflower that's already been transplanted once and had other grower related issues, so in the interest of making her life as stress free as possible from now on she's staying as is, will just work hard at training her up and over the edge. I'm taking a mulligan on that one and filing it in the "lessons learned my first time out" category :loopy: My second plant which is the one I posted above which had the curling got transplanted into a much higher fill level.

And without wanting to knock them, having never used their products, it isn't Fox Farms. It's a hand made soilless organic blend, although the principles and contents are very comparable. I hand mix 33% sphagnum peat moss, 33% intermediate-coarse vermiculite, and 33% blended local sourced organic composts, including Deer, Sheep, Cattle, and Chicken manure, seaweed shellfish and other ocean based (local is a bit of a stretch on this one) mushroom compost, worm castings, general vegetable matter, and my own kitchen scraps pile. Refresh and amend after every crop cycle with new compost, never need to add peat moss or vermiculte, holds water like a sponge but stills drains amazingly. I feed them a diet of home-made plant food that makes tomato plants grow like they're on super-crack cut with steroids and water from a spring on my land that comes out of the earth at 6.5 to 6.8 PH with BEAUTIFUL trace minerals, like it was tailor made to feed all things green. Look hard enough, and my little piece of the planet gives me pretty much everything I need to live on it, and what I lack I can usually get from a neighbor.

So I finally did my transplant on 02/22 to FFOF.. still on 24/0 and everything is looking pretty good. Leaves are a lot greener :) here's a photo from this morning

420-magazine-mobile952435780.jpg

Back
Top Bottom