My First Grow - DNA Multi-Strain In Soil Under 400W HPS

re: My first grow- DNA Multi-Strain in soil under 400w HPS

how many seeds you pop mate

six on total mate and all germed but I lost one down the sink when i was getting it out the glass.

Not to worry, my mate is coming over from amsterdam on the 31st Aug so hopefully he brings me some new strains.

All added and will probably do all 12/12 all way through and start my new seeds in my veg box when i eventually get it finished.
1x Chocolope
1x Chocolope kush (Dropped 1 down sink)
2x Sleestack kush( Stacked kush)
1x Holy Grail Kush

Re: My first grow- DNA Multi-Strain in soil under 400w HPS

will spain do folks?? not that far to holland..lol.. unlucky with seed in sink m8 i always plan on staying away from the sink when seeds are out but i seem to get drawn to sink and that plug hole ive dropped a few but caught them in time..so unlucky m8..nice bud sites on your girls should be decent yield from her

Spain is all good to lol

Hey Smoke, are you going to have enough room for all these girls??

:peace:

Yeah should be fine mate, I'm probably gonna do all of them 12/12 from seed and see what happens. They should stay small enough this way.

I thought i would of had my vegging box ready but funds have been tight due to holiday and stuff, and i really need to get my fan/filter ASAP, so the veg box can wait till i have my next batch of seeds.

If things get a little crowded i will give whatever doesnt fit to someone, or i may try re-gening them back to veg if i get my box built.
Just need to "play it by ear".

Anyway.....

Nothing much to report other than all the seeds have germed, a couple have funny little kinks but most are at poker strait stage, with the shell of the seed just off.

The sleestack baby is coming along nicely also.

And i have a couple pics of the others close up, I have new phone so have'nt took a lot of pics yet. I will try get some later.

For now....

DSC_0031_1_.jpg
DSC_0029_1_.jpg

Pictures.

Holy G Kush (Donna(don't ask))
DSC_0036_1_.jpg
DSC_0034_1_.jpg
DSC_0033_1_.jpg
DSC_0029_1_.jpg

Chocolope (Dolly)
DSC_0038_1_.jpg
DSC_0039_1_.jpg
DSC_0044_1_.jpg
DSC_0045_1_.jpg
DSC_0046_1_.jpg

Sleestack (12/12 from seed)

DSC_0048_1_.jpg
DSC_0049_1_.jpg

Bump

u veggin your little seedlins under mate?

No vegging m8. All flower from seed, under same 400 hps as everything else.

All of them have sprouted excellent and i gave my sleestack its first little shot of nutes. 2.5ml into a 1.5ltr bottle of water and it got bout 3/4 of a litre.

Everything else seems to be fine.

should i expect the big ones to get any taller now? or just fill out?

nice pics mate, i dont think the bigger ones in flower will get much bigger now, it looks like their well in flower so they should just fill it now, do your best to get as much light on all the buds as possible, i tie some branches down so i can pull them out the way and open the plant up, i use pipe cleaners for this as they dont damage the plant, another thing i have been doing with my auto is multiple harvests, i harvested it the 1st time and left tiny little buds on the plant and put it back under the lights, then after 2 weeks it had loads of buds again and dry i ended up with an extra 15g dry, so then i left the tiny and i mean tiny buds on the plant and put it back under flower, now it flowered again and the buds got big and ill be getting over an 18th dry off it,

how ever this is what puzzles me, none of the leaves are dying and its an auto, i harvested it the 1st time and then the buds got bigger for the 2nd harvest and the same for the 3rd harvest which ill be doing in the next couple of days, but now im getting loads of new node and leaf growth, now this auto is under 24-0 so not sure whats going on with it, its as if its trying to replace what i have taken off it, i left the branches and stems on the plant and just removed the buds and left all the leaves on the plant that i could, and what im getting now is new growth at the nodes and new leaves so not sure whats going to happen to it, possibly a fourth harvest if the plant continues as it is, but if i did just the one harvest i would of got just over 20g dry and the rest would be trim, but letting it conitnue flowering after harvest has given me a lot more bud that i can use to smoke instead of trim. so its all a bonus.

so from now on ill be harvesting all the big mature buds but any that are not ready or are to small will be left on the plant and put back into flower, so ill see how other plants react to this

Nice piece of info there Paul, thanks very much.

I have done what you say about getting light to all the bud sites, rotating a couple times a day and i have defoliated the Chocolope to allow light to the nest of bud sites in the middle of the six tops.

Have u ever done any photogen seeds 12/12 from seed? Was wondering what kind of yeild to expect, I'd imagine something similar to buying an auto seed?

my 2ltr hempies are all 12-12 from seed, but with the 2ltr hempies i only aim for the main stem to have buds, i cut any side branches off so not sure how that affects yield, but in a bigger pot i woulnt cut any branhes off, but with the 2ltr hempie i got 20g per plant, and thats with no side branches, so you should get more than this if the plant was in a bigger normal size pot, but its also strain related, some autos only give off 3.5g while others give over 4oz, but a regular none auto plant would give you over 20g per plant, what i did this time with my 2ltr hempie is veg for 2 weeks under 24-0 and then put them under 12-12 after that, so this time im hoping for more than 20g per plant.

1 thing to remember is that even under 12-12 from seed the plants wont flower till they are mature enough and this is around 4 weeks, so for the 1st 4 weeks they wont show sex but around 4 weeks they go into flower, i cant see why you wouldnt get more than 20g per plant,

i found how ever that autos start flowering sooner, around 2 weeks old, but regular seeds take around 4 weeks to show sex and start flowering, so given a big enough pot and not any pruning you should get more than 20g dry per plant.

another thing to think about is this, when you remove leaves during flower this stresses the plant and makes it grow new leaves or it makes the others leaves bigger, what i found happened is when i pruned some leaves in flower it made the little bud leaves get bigger so it gave more leafy bud and made it harder to trim, so try not to prune any leaves during flower, try and pull them out the way, one thing ive tried this time is not removing the leaves but to cut them and mke them smaller so some bigger leaves i have now trimmed in half so the fingers on the leaves are not so long, so the leaves are still on just cut smaller

+reps paul, cheers bro!

I did check a little about wht strains would be good 12/12 from seed ans the sleestack was one that popped up. The others i have no idea about but it will be nice to compare the chocolope and holy grails to their vegged relatives.

I'd be well happy at 20g a plant.
I know this will be strain related also but how would you compare the timeframe of an auto seed to a reg seed on 12/12? I see there are autos that advertise 60 days, am i correct in thinking that a 12/12 from seed will be the regular flowering time (6-10 weeks dependant on strain) or do they flower a bit quicker?

12-12 form seed is done in 8 weeks, my 2ltr hempies are done and harvested in 8 weeks, the way it looks is 4 weeks veg and 4 weeks flower, so the hempies i do take 8 weeks from day 1 to finish, but this time i vegged for 2 weeks so thinking its going to be a few days longer, but i was aiming for 1 big bud, if they was in a bigger pot then you might get more than 20g per plant, give it a try and see what you get, i might even try it myself, i got some newly sprouted seedlings, ill bang one under 12-12 and see what happens, ill put it in my journal tomorrow

few pictures from my new phone, seems to give better close-ups.
not bad for a phone i guess.
The Sleestack day 21 from seed IIRC
DSC_0065_2_.jpg

The Seedlings- 6 days in soil under 400w HPS in prop tray. Germed by dropping them in a glass of water and placing on my boiler to heat water slightly.

DSC_0064_5_.jpg

Chocolope bud shot

DSC_0062_2_.jpg

Holy grail bud shots

DSC_0061_2_.jpg
DSC_0060_2_.jpg

and are these first signs of flowering or just growths?

DSC_0057_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom