My First Grow Ever - CFL - Bag Seed

Re: My First Grow Ever - CFL - BagSeed

how often are you watering the plant, and how long has the plant sprouted from the soil, i water mine every 3 days or when the pot feels light, what you can do if you have a pot similar to the one your using is fill it up with compost and leave it dry then you can pick you pot up each day and compare the weight then water when it feels about the same, they need very little water at this stage, i soon found this out as i watered mine every day, since stopping this and not watering as much mine soon took off and a growing quick now, i think my plants are just under or around 2 weeks old, how old is yours from the day it broke the soil

they seem really stunted they should be bigger than that at that age, i think mine or coming up to 3 weeks now.

the lights are possibly a bit close, i did a video in my journal the link is below and you can compare how the plants are doing, my lights are roughly 2 to 3 inches above the top of the plant, make sure your using 6500kelvin cfls for the veg cycle, possibly the lights are to close and drying the plant out, have you added any nutrients yet, ive just started adding some and my plants are better for it, my compost didnt give any nute info so im asuming it was just basic compost with no added nutes so i used what i had which is baby bio thats high in the N and P but lower in the K, from what ive learned so far you need higher N and P range duting veg and more in the K range during flower cycle and cut right down on the N during flowering so you will need at least 2 different types of nutes, my baby bio contains 10.6 4.4 1.7 so its N P K, this is just basic plant nutrient im using as i have not been to a hydro shop yet to get any more nutes yet, i have got slow release liquid nutes that you push in compost and its slow releasing over 30 days but not used that yet.

my lights where to low at first and it stunted growth i was also over watering and that stunted growth as well, also make sure the holes in the bottom of you pot are not blocked else the standing water will rot the roots causing loads of problems so make sure the holes are not blocked and the water drains when you water the plants.

i am growing berry bomb which is a bomb cross with blueberry so cant wait to c how that goes, ill try and get some growers that are helping me to drop by and look at your plant and give you some advice, as i got loads on my journal, ill see what i can do

im glad their moving a long a bit now, be good to see how they turn out, keep posting pictures so we can see how things are going, it will be good to compare as it all goes from week to week, i think mine sprouted about the 8th of mar, id have to check my diary for sure, not my journal on here but i kept it all wrote downn from day 1 when i soaked the seeds and when they went in the small pots, so ill have to check, mine reallr are growing loads now, since putting the lights on permanent ive noticed loads more growth and the plant looks a lot healthier, its only been 2 days since the lights have been on constant so only time will tell how the plants cope with it, but so far ive notiiced loads more growth at the stem and new shoots coming off, the growth before was slow and steady but to me they seem to be growing a lot quicker now and the leaves seem fuller, ill keep posting pictures and videos every couple of days to keep my grow logged, but for now im real happy with how things are going and im glad you have managed to find out why you grow was growing slower so now they should soon catch up, they seem to grow really quick under right conditions,

"I think it was Twelve12 that first introduced it in the forums, not really sure though."

Not the first in mentioning the GLR on this forum. However, I was the first in documenting the use of GLR from start to finish (1 month trail run) and been using it ever since.

Update

Shes looking good imo, getting alot more shoots, and ive fed her twice now and it seems like you can really tell the difference between a normal water and a feeding in terms of the rate of the growth, im planning on upping the amount of food next feed, which will be Saturday or Sunday.

IMG_66581.JPG

IMG_6657.JPG

:peace:

your plants are looking really nice mate, you know your temp gauge well try and raise it so its level with the top of the plant as their can be a big temp difference between the top and the base, my base temps where low but my plants looked like they had to much heat on them, so when i balanced my temp gauge on card i found out the temp at the tip of the plant was to high so i added an extra 12v home made computer fan thingy and this controlled the temp and kept the temp at the same at any level, i may start to have problems with temp as were just coming into out summer season here so ill be keeping an eye on the temp.

as for the nutes my plants where the same, they soon shot up with the nutes, just make sure you water with plain water once or twice between using the nutes, not doing this causes salts to build up and this damages the plants, you may notice after watering with the nutes that when the top of the soil is dry you will see a white powder on top of the soil this is what you dont want building up below the soil, i tend to give nutes at a rate of 1 to 2, so ill water with nutes then the next 2 times i water i just do it with plain water,.

but so far your plant looks healthy and touch wood it will turn out female, now im no expert, far from it but by the looks of the leaves it looks like the plants a sativa strain or a cross containing more sativa strain than indica, someone else might be able to correct me if im wrong, im only going on pictures and comments ive come across

thanks, i had the thermometer up higher during the first few weeks and got the temps tuned in pretty good, and i feed my plant every other watering, when i don't feed i make sure to get a little extra run off just to make sure.(theres nothing i hate more than smoking some unflushed nasty buds). in terms of the strain, from my knowledge id have to agree that it is a cross but what its containing more of i'm not sure those leaves look pretty fat to me, but the newest set has 7 leaves itself and i've heard that Indica strains normally don't have more than five, id love it to be a sativa heavy hybrid though <3 Sativa.

sounds like you got it pretty well dialed in then mate, im only going on the leaf shape, and size, have a look on my journal and the vids on their and compare your leaves to my leaves and you will see why im thinking yours is sativa or a cross of sativa, either way your plants doing great, have you only got this one plant as well, i managed to get some cheap single seeds from some companies and they usually ship them with free seeds, the one is a sponsor on here called herbies head shop, i bought one seed off them and and they sent me 3 seeds for free,

i cant wait to see how these plants turn out, its good to find a journal right at the start and you can then watch how it progresses from one day to the next,

keep up the good work

before you go with any cheap seed shop check thier rep first or you might end up with more headaches than its worth.
research is good.........

Yea sorry, my comment was more towards Cronichemphog :thumb:

Yes, Castle is a sponsor of ours, and they are great. No freebies, but great!

:peacetwo:

i get mine from one of the sponsors
single seed center

Back
Top Bottom