My First Grow: Georgia Pie

Day 62 - Sunday( 01/22/23)
Preflower Day 6
I hope everyone had a relaxing Sunday, the girls were pretty happy this day. I am excitedly looking for any forms of the girls entering their flower stage.

In the picture you will see GP1 to the right hogging most of the screen, GP3 to the left, and GP2 towering behind. My grow light is currently on an angle to keep her from getting burned 😂
17FB72BE-BF13-45A0-AFE0-7B59221B5A18.jpeg

GP1- I plan on doing some light pruning soon as some if her leaves are blocking the light green leaves which I believe might be possible flower sites, but it could also be new growth😂. She was watered and left to her own devices.
5D39F8B1-653B-43EE-89CE-2153DBABFBFA.jpeg

GP2 - She continued to grow what seems like daily, not too sure where this growth spurt came from but i’m not complaining. She was also watered.
62F23437-B820-4FD9-AB65-855195092659.jpeg

GP3- She is doing the best she can, but i’m happy she has come as far as she has. She was also watered.
6B06DE08-14F4-4FFE-99C3-C8600A162A35.jpeg

Happy Growing💕and thank you for following along on this journey with me, i’m very appreciative of everyone’s encouraging comments, as well as advice and well wishes.

I'm not sure if you're planning on doing any training in there, but if you're not you might find that the lower flowers aren't as big and solid as the ones near the top. A flat(ish) canopy will always give you much better harvest weights inside.
I don’t know if i’ve ever mentioned this but I use bottled water for the plants. GP1 and GP2 get 1 bottle each which 16.8 oz of water and GP 3 gets 75% of a water bottle. So the amount of water is always exactly the same daily, but when I go to check around 5pm-5:30pm I stick my fingers and hands all the way in the soil and it’s pretty dry. If I water past 5:30pm-6pm then they start to get droopy so i’m stumped. I have tried to wait to water so it’s not daily but then the dropping and wilting start
If you need to water daily the plants need to be transplanted into something close to double in size. You can go smaller if you're flipping within a week or two.
Thank you for the well wishes SJB, i’m definitely feeling more like myself.
:cheer:

I'm not sure if you're planning on doing any training in there, but if you're not you might find that the lower flowers aren't as big and solid as the ones near the top. A flat(ish) canopy will always give you much better harvest weights inside.

If you need to water daily the plants need to be transplanted into something close to double in size. You can go smaller if you're flipping within a week or two.

:cheer:
I would like to do some training but I have already flipped to a 12/12 schedule Sunday was day 6 of the flip so I believe they are in pre flower and I don’t want to stress them out, would it be safe? 🤔But for my next grow I will definitely start training much earlier as well as topping. I really like how GP3 turned out as far as shape and bushiness. I also plan on upgrading my light to cover the full size of the tent so I can use a net and have more of that flat canopy you are speaking of😁. For the rest of this grow I think I will only be doing pruning and staking if/when necessary. Unless GP2 starts to get too close to the light as she is growing more everyday, i may have to tie her down.

Day 65 - Wednesday (01/25/23)
Flip Day - 9
Flower Day (1? )
I did not update Monday- Tuesday , as there really were no notable differences in the appearance of any of the girls. But on Wednesday which happened to be my birthday I received a gift from them. I believe this is their first day of flower😁 but I could also be wrong😂.
In this picture you will see GP1 to the left, GP3 to the right, and GP2 behind towering over her sisters
02620863-1298-4F59-B9D6-21EB9AE3E216.jpeg

Photo dump of possible first day of flower pictures from Wednesday (01/25/23)
880C406A-D3E9-425B-815F-313094D4AC70.jpeg

42C96859-5917-4EB0-A2F0-C797F6AAB414.jpeg

C5DF360A-D696-41C3-9E93-D178988A0409.jpeg

E8FB8B73-3FEF-4241-8945-16F2D449607F.jpeg

I hope everyone had an amazing Humpday and is staying safe. IL got snow yesterday🥲and will probably get more today and tomorrow.

Happy Growing🎊🥳🍾

:happy-birthday: a day late. You can do some training in flower, also remove some of the tiny buds, way down low, that will never amount to much

I believe they are in pre flower and I don’t want to stress them out, would it be safe?
What Joe said! You can definitely train in flower, particularly during stretch where you are now (approximately the first 21 days after flip).

You can gently gently tie the very top nodes flat and let the lowers get to that level and then keep those there too. Same as in veg but in a shorter time span.
In this picture you will see GP1 to the left, GP3 to the right, and GP2 behind towering over her sisters
You will probably want to raise you shorter ones to level them up with the tallest. That way they'll all get the same amount of light.

Oh no I hope you aren’t sick as well? If so I’m wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks Chick, I am doing better thank you. I think I may have had the nasty for a few weeks (shhhh C-vid) but I also had the blues.... partly cleared away. Thank you friend Lexi xo
Do you have any suggestions?
Not anymore :rofl: Your plants are exquisite... you got the balance right.
plan on doing some light pruning soon as some if her leaves are blocking the light green leaves
Hey, can you rather try to bend the bejeepers out of them and keep em hanging. They are the solar panels and windmills.... bend away but try not to chop if poss.

:happy-birthday: a day late. You can do some training in flower, also remove some of the tiny buds, way down low, that will never amount to much
Thank you for the birthday wishes! I will try to train but i’m sure this will end in broken branches, as I have tried to LST GP2 to help bring her down a bit closer to her sisters and she wasn’t having it . I’ll try with yarn🧶
What Joe said! You can definitely train in flower, particularly during stretch where you are now (approximately the first 21 days after flip).

You can gently gently tie the very top nodes flat and let the lowers get to that level and then keep those there too. Same as in veg but in a shorter time span.

You will probably want to raise you shorter ones to level them up with the tallest. That way they'll all get the same amount of light.
Thank you so much🙏, I will try to wrestle her down, I have raised GP3 up since she was the smallest, I will have to find something to lift GP1 up that one make her too tall🤔, maybe a shoebox will work.
Thanks Chick, I am doing better thank you. I think I may have had the nasty for a few weeks (shhhh C-vid) but I also had the blues.... partly cleared away. Thank you friend Lexi xo

Not anymore :rofl: Your plants are exquisite... you got the balance right.

Hey, can you rather try to bend the bejeepers out of them and keep em hanging. They are the solar panels and windmills.... bend away but try not to chop if poss.
I am so happy you are doing better😊, both physically and mentally. I know the blues are no fun, unfortunately we just have to take it a day at a time, and be gentle with yourself💕
I’m going to try to bend them😂fingers crossed they don’t snap off.
Beautiful, they are probably starting to smell delightful when you open the tent?.. 👍👍💚
Thank you SJB, and actually I don’t really smell anything that I haven’t been smelling but my sinuses are still a bit clogged. I can’t wait till I am able to smell what I remember georgia pie smelling like, I really enjoy the fruity scents🌸

Day 72 - Wednesday (2/1/23)
Flip Day 16
Flower Day 8

Good Morning I hope everyone is doing well. Not much has changed with the girls they continue to be pretty healthy and are taking care of themselves. I made a few changes. On 01/28/23 I tried to tie down GP2 with yarn and zipties, although I thought i was being very gentle it led to broken branches only three but still, after I was done the tent looked like a yarn based web maze. I felt like it was doing more harm then good so I cut it all down. I really wish I took some pictures as I used bright orange yarn. Although she had three small broken branches it really didn’t seem to effect her at all so I was happy about that. But I do not want to cause any unnecessary stress and keep breaking branches so I have come to accept my first grow will not have a flat canopy. I’m okay with that, for my next grow I will start training them much earlier while they are young. For the rest of this grow I will just be pruning as necessary, not breaking any branches 😂.

Another change I made, yesterday (2/1/23) in preparation to go out of town (2/11/23) I put in a water pump that can be controlled via my phone through wifi. I will be testing it until then to get the setting right.
FED1990B-8932-494E-9ADD-3DB27EB80A33.jpeg

This is a picture of what I purchased from amazon. I set it up in the morning, and used it yesterday at 2pm via the app.

CA1DF5F6-3DC5-4AFC-AA59-5EE90ED7E8C7.jpeg

Below are some pictures of the girls.
You can see GP2 behind (with less branches😂) and GP1 to the right GP3 is slightly cut off
304F0532-1E31-40AD-85FD-20E942EA74F4.jpeg

In this picture you can see GP3
A724CD7B-21FD-444A-B376-34845F518EE7.jpeg

GP1
832569B5-302B-4ECD-A8CC-97ACF6AAD8B8.jpeg

GP2
24614142-4564-4E66-BFA9-2CC7ECECD15F.jpeg

GP3
28474455-25B4-47B9-A7B1-085D5CA0F502.jpeg

The above pictures were all taken in the morning around 8:30am.

This is a tent came picture that was taken 14 minutes before lights off. I might have watered a tad to much I set the pump to water for 5 minutes at 2pm since the speed is 30L/ 1hr. I may reduce it to 3minutes and 30seconds for today.
AFD2279F-A862-4AE7-B921-4BAFADF64471.jpeg

I also removed the humidifier, as RH has been very steady and I don’t want to risk mold.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, I can’t wait to catch up on journals.
Happy Growing🌸🌸🌸

my first grow
Lexi! You grow and tent like an absolute fundi. Your plants are so pretty. How do you imagine you you will train, they are so different in structure aren't they. I'm thinking GP2 may have lost an arm but if those buds are 8 days old, I imagine that that plant will need some supports when the buds build up. I'm really at the beginning stages of practicing training. I think that GP3 might just need some gentle opening up and I reckon that it looks a fine time to start. GP1 maybe if you have the space you could use clips, hooks, pipe cleaners to bend her open and let those little ones get some light? I'm liking using pipe cleaners for the first time. Which ones did you say you want to delarf and defol? I hope it's ok to butt in with my thoughts! Gosh it's Friyay, I had completely forgotten. I hope you have a lovely weekend too :green_heart:

Day 72 - Wednesday (2/1/23)
Flip Day 16
Flower Day 8

Good Morning I hope everyone is doing well. Not much has changed with the girls they continue to be pretty healthy and are taking care of themselves. I made a few changes. On 01/28/23 I tried to tie down GP2 with yarn and zipties, although I thought i was being very gentle it led to broken branches only three but still, after I was done the tent looked like a yarn based web maze. I felt like it was doing more harm then good so I cut it all down. I really wish I took some pictures as I used bright orange yarn. Although she had three small broken branches it really didn’t seem to effect her at all so I was happy about that. But I do not want to cause any unnecessary stress and keep breaking branches so I have come to accept my first grow will not have a flat canopy. I’m okay with that, for my next grow I will start training them much earlier while they are young. For the rest of this grow I will just be pruning as necessary, not breaking any branches 😂.

Another change I made, yesterday (2/1/23) in preparation to go out of town (2/11/23) I put in a water pump that can be controlled via my phone through wifi. I will be testing it until then to get the setting right.
FED1990B-8932-494E-9ADD-3DB27EB80A33.jpeg

This is a picture of what I purchased from amazon. I set it up in the morning, and used it yesterday at 2pm via the app.

CA1DF5F6-3DC5-4AFC-AA59-5EE90ED7E8C7.jpeg

Below are some pictures of the girls.
You can see GP2 behind (with less branches😂) and GP1 to the right GP3 is slightly cut off
304F0532-1E31-40AD-85FD-20E942EA74F4.jpeg

In this picture you can see GP3
A724CD7B-21FD-444A-B376-34845F518EE7.jpeg

GP1
832569B5-302B-4ECD-A8CC-97ACF6AAD8B8.jpeg

GP2
24614142-4564-4E66-BFA9-2CC7ECECD15F.jpeg

GP3
28474455-25B4-47B9-A7B1-085D5CA0F502.jpeg

The above pictures were all taken in the morning around 8:30am.

This is a tent came picture that was taken 14 minutes before lights off. I might have watered a tad to much I set the pump to water for 5 minutes at 2pm since the speed is 30L/ 1hr. I may reduce it to 3minutes and 30seconds for today.
AFD2279F-A862-4AE7-B921-4BAFADF64471.jpeg

I also removed the humidifier, as RH has been very steady and I don’t want to risk mold.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, I can’t wait to catch up on journals.
Happy Growing🌸🌸🌸
I think you're doing a wonderful job!! 👍👍. All of them are healthy and flowering beautifully. I think it's a great idea to let them go and save the training for next grow, when the branches are softer... 👍👍👍💚💚💚. Great job cool new pump...

Great idea to get the whole autowatering thing dialed in before you go!
Thank you, I learned my lesson after the first time 😂 i’m still looking for that sweet spot. I think i’ll be able to figure it out by next Saturday. I hope everything is well on your side of town.🌸
Lexi! You grow and tent like an absolute fundi. Your plants are so pretty. How do you imagine you you will train, they are so different in structure aren't they. I'm thinking GP2 may have lost an arm but if those buds are 8 days old, I imagine that that plant will need some supports when the buds build up. I'm really at the beginning stages of practicing training. I think that GP3 might just need some gentle opening up and I reckon that it looks a fine time to start. GP1 maybe if you have the space you could use clips, hooks, pipe cleaners to bend her open and let those little ones get some light? I'm liking using pipe cleaners for the first time. Which ones did you say you want to delarf and defol? I hope it's ok to butt in with my thoughts! Gosh it's Friyay, I had completely forgotten. I hope you have a lovely weekend too :green_heart:
I appreciate it so much, I have never heard the term fundi but google enlightened me💕. I imagine I will probably start with pipe cleaners they seem to be gentle, hopefully more gentle then my yarn web😂. I believe they are 8 days old as of yesterday since I started counting flower 1/25/2023 although I could be wrong. In my earlier posts i didn’t first count for preflower then in later post I started to. I pruned both GP1 and GP3 to let some light get down to the lower levels. Of course I don’t mind everyone’s thoughts and suggestions are always welcome. I am a completely novice when it comes to growing this is my absolute first attempt. I only had my vegetable gardening knowledge which I wasn’t counting on so I definitely appreciate any comments, suggestions, or even criticism. I wish it was Friday here, i’ve got one more day still. I hope you have an amazing weekend as well💕
9AFBDF00-129C-41DC-B30D-2A82910196BB.jpeg
A7FFDDAB-5DE7-4324-AF0C-D6A7389B3ADC.jpeg

I think you're doing a wonderful job!! 👍👍. All of them are healthy and flowering beautifully. I think it's a great idea to let them go and save the training for next grow, when the branches are softer... 👍👍👍💚💚💚. Great job cool new pump...
Thanks SJB, it’s truly thanks to all of you that I have gotten as far as I have. I think I will wait till next grow because I fought to tame GP2 and she won😂. As for the pump so far it works as advertised but this is only day 2 since I put in in yesterday. We shall see how it holds up, I purchased from amazon. 🌸

Day 73 - Thursday (2/2/23)
Flip Day 17
Flower Day 9

Good Afternoon just a quick pump update😊

This morning the girls looked pretty happy so I thought I might have hit the jackpot with the 5minute watering with the pump.
8AAFDAD0-0993-4347-BB6E-A3C30876082D.jpeg

But then I checked around 2pm and they were extremely droopy, so they definitely didn’t get enough water.So today I set it for 10 minutes and 30 seconds.
C7849794-BE92-4FE5-A2CB-4D30BBCA32C2.jpeg

After that watering I checked back, and things were looking up.
FAF0C76C-7DD6-4DA1-A8CE-53BD7180B74E.jpeg

Only tomorrow will tell, other than that I did some pruning of GP1 and GP3 this morning around 7:30am or so, I did read from the seed bank that Georgia Pie does well with lots of pruning. I inserted a screenshot below, if not allowed please remove .
B928E9E2-1837-411A-AA39-6CF7A594185B.jpeg

Happy Growing🌸🌸

Happy weekend Lexi. Are you saying it is still Thursday for you?
I think your gardener's knowledge is working for you :green_heart:
Happy Weekend:) yes when I typed that it was indeed Thursday for me still. Currently it is Saturday at 4:38am. I hope you have a safe and relaxing weekend. As far as gardening, i’d say it helped when it came to spouting the seeds as I usually start my veggies indoors to makeup for our short growing season, as well as pruning and watering but not much else unfortunately😂

Happy Weekend:) yes when I typed that it was indeed Thursday for me still. Currently it is Saturday at 4:38am. I hope you have a safe and relaxing weekend. As far as gardening, i’d say it helped when it came to spouting the seeds as I usually start my veggies indoors to makeup for our short growing season, as well as pruning and watering but not much else unfortunately😂
I am 8 hours ahead your you. Its nearly 1pm here. It's summer, so who can complain. I hope you have a great one too Lexi, thank you :) Yeah, I don't have much luck sprouting veggie seeds in the first place lol. When will you start your veggie seeds?

@Carmen Ray thank you :) this year I will not because I am moving to NV before the summer. I would usually start around the end of January till about the middle of February. I wish it was summer here instead of winter 😂. As far as veggie seeds i sprout the same way, using peat pellets keeping them moist, and usually covering them with some type of dome to keep the humidity in. Once they sprout I remove it, let them grow there first few sets of true leaves, remove the outer netting and transfer to solo cups when they get into their seeding stage. Then I slowly harden them off slowly exposing to the outdoor elements come spring time after the last frost. Increasing the hours of exposure till they are ready to go outdoors. But it’s only for some veggies, others are better to directly sow outdoors into soil.

@Carmen Ray thank you :) this year I will not because I am moving to NV before the summer.

What does NV stand for? Is that Nevada... it's what I found when I googled. Wow that's right across the country. Are you and the other half making the journey together?

I would usually start around the end of January till about the middle of February. I wish it was summer here instead of winter 😂. As far as veggie seeds i sprout the same way, using peat pellets keeping them moist, and usually covering them with some type of dome to keep the humidity in. Once they sprout I remove it, let them grow there first few sets of true leaves, remove the outer netting and transfer to solo cups when they get into their seeding stage. Then I slowly harden them off slowly exposing to the outdoor elements come spring time after the last frost. Increasing the hours of exposure till they are ready to go outdoors. But it’s only for some veggies, others are better to directly sow outdoors into soil.

Sounds just like growing weed :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom