My First Grow: Grape Ape, Agent Orange x Huckleberry & Purple Skunk Mass

Okay, so after about 2.5 hours I was done. Did the clone first, then I was a lot quicker (and not as gentle) with the mother. Kinda like your first kid, I guess - treat it TOO gently, then when you're on your 2nd kid, you're like,"Screw it. It'll be fine".

Initially, my plan was to just trim the fan leaves, and dry trim the sugar leaves. But seeing as this is my first harvest, I didn't want to risk any chance of bud rot by leaving on the excess so I did a full trim on both girls. Drying most of the harvest in my flower tent, which averages 75-85 degrees, and about 40-45% humidity. I decided to freeze the wet popcorn nuggs and trim, as I'm not sure what I want to do with them yet and would like to keep my options open.

For the wet yields, I got
  • Mom: 111.53 grams
  • Clone: 80.86 grams
  • Popcorn buds: 23.31 grams
  • Sugar/fan leaf trim: 45.5 grams
  • Scissor hash: 0.11 grams
After it dries and I remove the excess sticks, I'm thinking there will be about 35 grams of bud to be cured. Here are some pics:

Clone trimmed
AMjBo1d.jpg

Mom trimmed
DluAwlL.jpg

Clone hanging
UbOivXf.jpg

Mom hanging
YUAk14y.jpg

Popcorn nuggs (untrimmed)
el6KgzR.jpg

Leaf trim
PrsEJkj.jpg

Scissor hash
gTRq3LA.jpg
JQRe1Yb.jpg
ZkMJCCT.jpg

Congrats on the harvest Chef!! :yahoo: You did a really great job on your first grow! You enjoy the scissor hash?
Looking like a good haul of quality bud my friend. Looking forward to your next grow! :passitleft:

Congrats on the harvest Chef!! :yahoo: You did a really great job on your first grow! You enjoy the scissor hash?
It's not bad! Only took 2 hits, and was pretty happy for a couple hours.
Looking like a good haul of quality bud my friend. Looking forward to your next grow! :passitleft:
It's an okay haul, I guess, considering it's my first grow with multiple mistakes. Really looking forward to curing it to see what the final aroma will be like.

Okay folks, so this is what came of the previous 16 pages... The final dry weight (after trimming off the stems) is about a zip and an 1/8th (32.04g total). Mom gave 17.27g and daughter gave 14.77g. Pretty sad for weight for 2 plants, but with all the mistakes I made I'm happy to have this. They're also pretty larfy - each girl takes up almost an entire mason jar. But hey, it's just for me so that's okay. The next crop should be much better and worthy of gifting for Christmas presents for friends and family.

Got the girls dried out and ready to trim the stems

pj7YHyu.jpg

Stemless

Z04QwCH.jpg

In 16oz. jars

Gb6TOfJ.jpg

Couple of bud pics and close ups (you know how much I love my macro shots!).

uWf7TMh.jpg

Jo3hx0p.jpg

XiPKCtv.jpg

If anyone's curious, here's the setup I use for the bud/macro shots. The others were taken with my phone.

qkqelCf.jpg

So, I guess that's it for the time being! This has been an incredibly wonderful learning adventure, thanks to all of you folks helping me along the way. Hopefully I've learned enough from my mistakes that my next grows will have denser buds, and a better yield. Next update will be a smoke/flavor/aroma update after they've cured, and then I guess I'll request this to be placed in the completed journals after that.

Thanks for tagging along with a complete newbie through this! :love: :Namaste: :love:

I love your macro shots too!
That harvest wasn't too bad-looks like enough to keep you going till the next ones are done!
And judging by the photos, it should be some very good medicine!

I love your macro shots too!
That harvest wasn't too bad-looks like enough to keep you going till the next ones are done!
And judging by the photos, it should be some very good medicine!
Thanks! Yeah, I'm a lightweight - this will most likely last me the better part of a year.

I'm a lightweight
Me too,I have to give most of mine away -there's no way I can smoke that much.
I don't really need to grow any more, but I actually enjoy growing as much as
I enjoy smoking..something I'm sure you can relate to...

As you can tell from last night's late night post, I decided to sample the uncured bud.
Took 3 bong hits and got REAL happy. :yummy:

But, I was drinking Bass Ale and Jameson's (again), so I don't have a clear recollection of the buzz. But it was definitely on the cerebral (vs couchlock) side of the spectrum.

As you can tell from last night's late night post, I decided to sample the uncured bud.
Took 3 bong hits and got REAL happy. :yummy:

But, I was drinking Bass Ale and Jameson's (again), so I don't have a clear recollection of the buzz. But it was definitely on the cerebral (vs couchlock) side of the spectrum.

Did you ever try Irish Mist? It's one of my favorite hard liquors.

So they still have a couple weeks left in the cure jars. But honestly, I think I overdried them. The grass/hay smell has dissipated a bit, but it's still somewhat noticeable.

At any rate, I decided to try to make a little hash. I just got a 73 micron bubble hash bag in today and wanted to try it out.

I took the little bit of wet trim I had in the freezer and laid it out on newspaper to dry a few days ago. I figured it's just for fun, so I put it in the bag as-is, with no ice water, dry ice, etc. Just dry. Ended up with a lot more miniscule plant material than I expected to, but that's okay. They also included a 25 micron screed (no bag, just the screen), so I may just try to refine it a bit later. But for my next batch, I'll be doing it properly with dry ice.

Ended up with this:

FgDBPo1.jpg
4fINBaA.jpg

Well that stuff should do the trick!
Looks like nothin but trichomes- that was some damn good trim you used...yum!

Well that stuff should do the trick!
Looks like nothin but trichomes- that was some damn good trim you used...yum!
Thanks! Yeah, I'll be trying it tomorrow night. It's really just the size of the screen - it's only supposed to let trichome head (and smaller) sized material through.

So this will most likely be the end of this journal (as in "Completed Journals"), although I may update it from time to time if/when anyone has any questions or comments.

It's mostly gone now - I gave away some giggle bush baggies to my niece, brother in law, one of my sisters, and my landlord's nephew. The 3 family members are serious cannabis smokers, and all three have said that this is some primo product! I told them up front NOT to pat me on the back for giving away free weed, but to give me their HONEST opinions. I haven't seen my landlord in a few days, so I'm not sure what his nephew thinks.

Here are a few pics of the final product. I kept about an 1/8th for myself. That's more than I'll smoke in 2 months. Did I mention earlier that I'm a lightweight?

denhapy.jpg
UE3CYt9.jpg
OvzZtS6.jpg

Hate to say it,but those are notorious for not being accurate-you should consider one of these as an alternative:
Not the best,but my plants have never complained-they're like $12 at the same place you got the meter from.

The one you ordered is a good moisture meter,but for ph,not so much..sorry for the bad news
**edit** I have one of those meters,that's how I know this to be true
I can also confirm the other meter he got is not good for ph. I wouldn't even say its that great for mositure either. But I just eye ball the top layer to decide when to water.

Back
Top Bottom