My First Grow: Grape Ape, Agent Orange x Huckleberry & Purple Skunk Mass

Hate to say it,but those are notorious for not being accurate-you should consider one of these as an alternative:
Not the best,but my plants have never complained-they're like $12 at the same place you got the meter from.

The one you ordered is a good moisture meter,but for ph,not so much..sorry for the bad news
**edit** I have one of those meters,that's how I know this to be true

Probably because I'm an old fart-we're generally an honest bunch :)

You know,I didn't think about that-I just ph my water,I figure the soil is what it is.
Sorry about that,didn't intentionally steer you wrong,the tester I suggested is for water only.

Odd-they're missing the top third-be an awesome look if she keeps it up...

Just a minor update - they're taking well so far to their new homes.

5qBWMi9.jpg

Also, I ordered a couple of those reflective Mylar emergency thermal blanket thingies to wrap around the wire rack to help improve the lighting. Supposed to be much better than using foil like I originally planned to do.

71uudUTjL3L._SL1000_.jpg

you got time later to adjust your ph, you don’t want to shock your plant without accuracy. soil normally comes neutral anyways. Stream water is good but don’t feed cold let it adjust to room temp. When you start adding nutes then you need your ph at 6.5. You’ve already seen my grow, I didn’t start checking ph until the 3-4 week. You need a water ph tester, it’s easier to adjust the soil slowly from the water to avoid any shock. You shouldn’t have any problems for a bit anyways. I use tap water, let it sit out open in the sun for a day to evaporator chlorine. My filter system is on its way. I always like my lights as close as possible in the beginning to stack those nodes. I use 23 wat cfls 6500k. The 19watt leds 6500k probably will be better. O and wait till you hit 5-6 nodes before you top anywhere, let those root establish first. Best wishes

Attachments

• DBC219A6-9351-4741-92F1-1E259825B3D7.jpeg
    DBC219A6-9351-4741-92F1-1E259825B3D7.jpeg
    562.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 2147FFE7-A728-4166-A73B-4A6E3054E164.png
    2147FFE7-A728-4166-A73B-4A6E3054E164.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
Sometimes the first leaves will be "funny",even the second ones might be a little odd,by the third set
they should be squared away .
It does look nice n healthy,even with the funny leaves,and the other 3 look perfect.

Looking damn good there,Chef!
Interesting to see what's going on below the surface-if the plant grew as fast as those roots,they'd be
8" tall already...

So I have a question... I origininally put the seedlings in clear cups just to watch the root development, with holes in the bottom for drainage. Someone said that roots don't like light, so I put the clear cups into styrofoam cups to keep out the light. There is about 1/2 inch of room between the bottom of the 2 cups. The thing is, the plants are now starting to use that extra room as more space for their roots to use. They're still a bit small, but should I go ahead and transplant them into the 3 gallon fabric pots I bought before the roots start to develop too much outside of the clear cups?

Here's a pic of the roots coming out:

c6KGYgl.jpg

Here's a pic of the cups together:

jHdeKtX.jpg

Here's a stock image of the fabric pots I'll be using:

71sCUimo9sL._SL1000_.jpg

I've never had that happen,so I'm not sure how to proceed from here...I know @George Mc
just cut slits in the sides of the cups,and planted cup and all,but it's up to you if you want to do it that way-
You could just let them go that way,and then cut the cups off,leaving the bottoms where the roots are poking through,and plant them in the new pots,cup bottom and all...
IF it were me,I think I'd just go for the bigger pots now-actually about a week or so early,but they'll grow into them in no time-the roots have reached the bottom of the cup (and beyond) so they pretty much want to grow...

Back
Top Bottom