My First Grow in Life!

Ludeity

420 Member
Hello fellas,Its my first post in the forum since i come here last year and its my first grow!..Great thanks to:420: ! ....:420: forums post helps me get a lot of informations for how to grow a plant from seedlings to flowers. Ive got some equipments from the Ebay and Amazon.. I got an white rhino seed from and it sprouts...

Im using foxfarm fertilizer(big bloom,grow big,and tiger bloom) and adjust my ph 6.2-6.8
my ph test pen is jumping like crazy...ill look forward to get another ph tester when i have some more money.

Heres some pics of the plant from begin till.....

Im using some potting soil that my friends gave me...I think it contains some kind of vitamin or stuff..

Week 1
20140108_130137.jpg

It sprouts!I leave it on outside and water with unPH water for few days before i build my grow box it seems doing fine...but I think its beggin for sunlights....

Week 2
20140113_183310.jpg

Done building the box so I move it in with one 400w Hid lamp and one clip fan equipped..
The temp insind is78.2° F min - 94.4° F max (I live in southamerica btw... :) )
Humidity: 42%min - 76%max
Starting to feed her some fert followed by the FF schedule...i mix 2tsp big bloom to 1lt water ration and ph it ..

theres almost half bottle of mix fert. is remaining so i decided to save it for the next feeding where i have to ph only

week 3
20140121_195216.jpg

20140122_170217.jpg

week 4
20140129_180028.jpg
\
She is doing fine!

week 5

20140201_173830.jpg

20140205_215224.jpg
[
I transplanted to a bigger pot and fert according to the fox farm schedule

20140205_215238.jpg

20140205_215238.jpg

And this comes to stress me.....one of the leaf got an yellow burn on it..
I did accident make some water get on the leaf while the light in on.

20140205_215255.jpg

week 6
20140207_220808.jpg
20140207_220816.jpg
20140207_220901.jpg
20140207_221008.jpg
20140211_222214.jpg
20140213_110128.jpg

week 7
20140216_192324.jpg
20140216_192328.jpg
20140219_220220.jpg
20140219_220149.jpg
20140219_220135.jpg
20140219_220127.jpg
20140218_222331.jpg
20140218_222324.jpg
20140218_222319.jpg

I think is getting worst.....

I did a small flush after transplant on week 6 ..... its more kind of like a over watering.....I stop the fert for this week because i decide to flush it ....

Im really a newbie about growing .... :(
hope any would help out whats the problem here.....

Re: My first grow in life !

Hi Ludeity.

Not sure I can help with the discoloration on your leaves but wanted to welcome you to the site and community of members. :welcome:

There are a lot of variables that could be causing the issue with your plant. I know you mentioned the soil was given by a friend and wondering if you have learned any more details about it? Wondering if there might something already added to that soil that is also being added when you fertilize and causing a toxic amount to build up?

I also think your high temperature is little warmer than ideal and that might be adding a stress to the situation causing whatever other problem to be magnified. Any way to ensure your girl stays a little cooler?

Sorry I can't offer a quick solution but your flushing with plain water is probably a good way to start to solve it.

Be well, happy growing and welcome to 420 Magazine.

hi and welcome.

your plant looks good. the leaf yellow looks like nute splash burn to me.
the curling at the horns makes me think its lacking cal/mag.
whats your run off ph?
rumors have it that foxfarm runs pretty hot on their nutes.... so less is more there.

those are minor issues, you are on your way to seeing it flower and that's the best part.

- musshy

Hi Ludeity.

Not sure I can help with the discoloration on your leaves but wanted to welcome you to the site and community of members. :welcome:

There are a lot of variables that could be causing the issue with your plant. I know you mentioned the soil was given by a friend and wondering if you have learned any more details about it? Wondering if there might something already added to that soil that is also being added when you fertilize and causing a toxic amount to build up?

I also think your high temperature is little warmer than ideal and that might be adding a stress to the situation causing whatever other problem to be magnified. Any way to ensure your girl stays a little cooler?

Sorry I can't offer a quick solution but your flushing with plain water is probably a good way to start to solve it.

Be well, happy growing and welcome to 420 Magazine.

Hi,TanR

Thank u very much for reply n infos.
I did try to check whats in the soil but unfortunate i get nothing from the soil...however as i flush the plant,would the toxic be flush away ? N about the temp. Im going to build a grow room indoor soon..

Hi there Muss.

My ph is arround 6.2-6.8 like i said..the ph tester doesnt gave me a stable ph...but it stays 6.3 to7.0 most of the time.
I use vinegar for ph down...

Yes, a true flush could wash any overabundant fertilizer or minerals away. Kind of just depends on what's in there but it's why I mentioned it being a good way to begin solving it. However, if it is a deficiency as Musshy suggests, then it could actually make things worse.

Hi,TanR

Thank u very much for reply n infos.
I did try to check whats in the soil but unfortunate i get nothing from the soil...however as i flush the plant,would the toxic be flush away ? N about the temp. Im going to build a grow room indoor soon..

Yes, a true flush could wash any overabundant fertilizer or minerals away. Kind of just depends on what's in there but it's why I mentioned it being a good way to begin solving it. However, if it is a deficiency as Musshy suggests, then it could actually make things worse.

yeah I would give a teaspoon of cal/mag and a teaspoon of aquashield every gallon of water.

- musshy

20140222_202514.jpg
20140222_202519.jpg
20140222_202530.jpg
20140222_202539.jpg

Look whathappen on the next day.....i thnk this is overwatering .....guys what should i do now.... im confuse.... :(

Hey dude,

Just popped by and I noticed your already talking about flushing? I didn't even use nutrients till they had a good few nodes just because it's a lot easier to add more nutrients rather than take it away. Same with watering and things. So much easier for a plant to recover I found and I've had good successes and it's my first grow so hopefully nothing goes wrong lol. What lights are you using? As well As extraction fan/ carbon filter?

Good luck bro.

20140222_202514.jpg
20140222_202519.jpg
20140222_202530.jpg
20140222_202539.jpg

Look whathappen on the next day.....i thnk this is overwatering .....guys what should i do now.... im confuse.... :(

hi lude,
yeah that's not looking right at all.
do you have any fresh soil? I would seriously consider transplanting it into new soil.

I personally grow hydro. I like knowing exactly what im putting into my plants medium.

- musshy

hi lude,
yeah that's not looking right at all.
do you have any fresh soil? I would seriously consider transplanting it into new soil.

I personally grow hydro. I like knowing exactly what im putting into my plants medium.

- musshy

Hey Mussh,its nice to see u again :high-five:....n thnks alot for helping out here :thanks:

i dont have any fresh soil....but still got some soil left from my friend.I will try to get some new soil from the garden store that doesn't contain any fert on it soon next week.

About the cal/mag ....can u tell me what exactly what it is ,cuz i have no ideal with whats cal n mag..... :(

hello lude!

this is a quote from botanicare :
"Cal-Mag Plus is a specialized calcium, magnesium & iron, plant supplement designed to compensate for deficiencies in some commercial and hydroponic nutrient programs. Cal-Mag Plus also compensates for the natural calcium draw of coco coir fiber."

it seems that this product and aquashield, which helps develop stronger roots, really are needed in my grows.

it is more expensive to grow hydro, but I really like knowing what is in my medium. I have been researching recirculating top feeding systems. this to me, is the most efficient way to get a pound from a single plant. the capn, s1ingblade and c526 have shown that this technique works with different levels of grower and different strains. I was hooked. I made the "simple" system outlined by the capn.
my smallest clone has been in this system less than a week and I can see that she will easily out grow older clones in my dwc.

oxypot_-_Copy.jpg

it was so easy to make.

when your light is on in your small box, put your hand over the plant so the back of your hand feels the light. if it feels hot, then your light is probably a bit to close.
it really didn't seem to look like that was an issue, until the photos of the day after flush.

- musshy

get a bucket and fill it with water.
gently trans plant your plants roots into the bucket. dip the roots in and out trying to remove as much dirt as possible.

you need to get it into new soil. with no nutes added.

you still may be able to save it.

- musshy

Back
Top Bottom