My First Grow - Indoor - Soil - CFL - Bag Seed

OK everyone, I have to hit the keys for what they pay me to do...

Dude I had a similar prob. Slop some clone X or rootech all over the break. It will help seal and heal it quicker

Unfortunately I don't have any cloning gel, powder etc, will have to rely on nature to do the job, I'll check the bandaid area in a week and see what's going on there.
If the girl didn't hermie on me until now, I'm pretty damn sure this will do the trick LOL

I'm so talented rofl :bravo:

Btw I got the factor7 led glasses over Sunday, thanks bro for recommending, now my eyes are safe and I don't need to take them out of the tent to look at them in normal light, now I can really see the cal mag deficiency without really trying.

Don't grow blind!

Unfortunately I don't have any cloning gel, powder etc, will have to rely on nature to do the job, I'll check the bandaid area in a week and see what's going on there.
If the girl didn't hermie on me until now, I'm pretty damn sure this will do the trick LOL

Btw I got the factor7 led glasses over Sunday, thanks bro for recommending, now my eyes are safe and I don't need to take them out of the tent to look at them in normal light, now I can really see the cal mag deficiency without really trying.

Don't grow blind!

Good repair on that girl,you should be fine just don't mess with it for a while and Mother Nature will do her stuff.:thumb:
Those factor 7 glasses are sweet! Can't do enough to save those eyes.:peace:

Don't grow blind!

For sure, and no problem buddy! They are a great investment. Small price to pay not to grow blind............

I used a bandaid on my break initially, but replaced it with a zip tie. Be careful with the bandaid. When I removed mine, there was alot of extra growth underneath it. Don't leave it on so long that it becomes part of your lady......... 1 week max

Your RH looks on point, but your right, the temps are high. I am running into a similar problem, but my temps stabilized out around 85 Max. One good way to cool it a little better is to get more air moving through the tent. Right now, I am replacing all the air in my tent once every minute. With that amount of air flow, you can reduce the temps by a few degrees. Its worth a shot, you got nuthing to lose.......

For sure, and no problem buddy! They are a great investment. Small price to pay not to grow blind............

I used a bandaid on my break initially, but replaced it with a zip tie. Be careful with the bandaid. When I removed mine, there was alot of extra growth underneath it. Don't leave it on so long that it becomes part of your lady......... 1 week max

Your RH looks on point, but your right, the temps are high. I am running into a similar problem, but my temps stabilized out around 85 Max. One good way to cool it a little better is to get more air moving through the tent. Right now, I am replacing all the air in my tent once every minute. With that amount of air flow, you can reduce the temps by a few degrees. Its worth a shot, you got nuthing to lose.......

Alright I'll grab a zip tie pack tomorrow from the HD along with some water tubing for making a CO2 DIY supplement system, if temps are high CO2 is very important for photosynthesis as you probably already know.
And about changing the air every minute in my tent...
My tent measures are 80x80x180 cm, how do I calculate how much cfm I need in order to better vent it?
I now have a 4" intake vent on the bottom, and a 6" vent for extracting, and 2 x 6" fans sitting on the tent floor, directing up with a slight angle towards the plants for air movement. as well as 1 standing oscillating fan in the lung room.

The major problem is that if I'm not around to open the room door, the air is not venting out of the room, so it's a magic cycle...
Air gets from the lung room in the tent, getting humidity and temps from the light (even a slight change in temps I bet accumulates pretty fast in about half an hour into much higher temps) and goes back to the lung room.
Today I kept the room open most of the day and the temps are now: Min 85, Max 91 F
The second floor in my house is already warm as I don't have a central AC, and no AC in the lung room either.
I wish I could extract the air out of the house stealthy, all I have there is a window but it faces my neighbors window and I'm afraid..
Also the house is new and I don't want to drill holes in my wall.

So that pretty much summarize my heat problems, now I need a genius solution to my problem ..and this is where you guys enter the picture!!
Ideas?:Namaste:

:thanks:

P.S I won't update with photos today, I will do tomorrow !

Good repair on that girl,you should be fine just don't mess with it for a while and Mother Nature will do her stuff.:thumb:
Those factor 7 glasses are sweet! Can't do enough to save those eyes.:peace:

Thanks g-daddy
By not messing with her you also mean no defoliation in the next 2 weeks or so?
It's getting bushy on me and I like my girls pretty much naked :love:
I was planning on LSTing her to make the branches get more light penetration and maybe endure flowering finally, although I have a feeling next week is going to be called as 1st week of flower for my big girl, I see some future bud sites getting white pistils, but I only see 2 maybe 3 on each site.

Ok, here are the calculations. 80 cm=31.5 inches, 180 cm=70.9 inches. In feet thats 2 foot 7 by 2 foot 7 by 5 foot 9. You multiply all three together to get your tent size. Its approx 43 cubic feet.

You need an inline fan that moves a minimum of 43 cfm. Most inlines will be anywhere from 200-700 cfm. The more cfm it moves, the cooler the tent temp. And also will replace the co2 at that rate..........

I didn't realize you had a circulating air system. With you not being able to vent the hot air, the temps will inherently stay high.

I think you need to invest in an activated carbon filter. This will allow you to suck the air out, scrub the smells, and send it out of the house. You can vent out a window, chimney, dryer vent, dishwasher vent........ I have one working 24/7 and even if you stick your face in the vent, you cant smell a thing. Other than that, I dont see how you can reduce the temps with out a/c in the lung room.

80x80x180 cm is equivalent to 31.5"x31.5"x~71" which is equivalent to 2.625'x2.625'x5.92' which equals a volume of ~40.8 cubic feet. A 100 CFM fan would change the air in your grow room ~2.5 times per minute.

Ok, here are the calculations. 80 cm=31.5 inches, 180 cm=70.9 inches. In feet thats 2 foot 7 by 2 foot 7 by 5 foot 9. You multiply all three together to get your tent size. Its approx 43 cubic feet.

You need an inline fan that moves a minimum of 43 cfm. Most inlines will be anywhere from 200-700 cfm. The more cfm it moves, the cooler the tent temp. And also will replace the co2 at that rate..........

I didn't realize you had a circulating air system. With you not being able to vent the hot air, the temps will inherently stay high.

I think you need to invest in an activated carbon filter. This will allow you to suck the air out, scrub the smells, and send it out of the house. You can vent out a window, chimney, dryer vent, dishwasher vent........ I have one working 24/7 and even if you stick your face in the vent, you cant smell a thing. Other than that, I dont see how you can reduce the temps with out a/c in the lung room.

Alright, so this grow ill just try do my best with what I have
Once I finish I'll move the tent in another room and order an install of an AC unit there,bam problem solved hehe

Thanks for your help as usual! :thanks:

Thanks g-daddy
By not messing with her you also mean no defoliation in the next 2 weeks or so?
It's getting bushy on me and I like my girls pretty much naked :love:
I was planning on LSTing her to make the branches get more light penetration and maybe endure flowering finally, although I have a feeling next week is going to be called as 1st week of flower for my big girl, I see some future bud sites getting white pistils, but I only see 2 maybe 3 on each site.
Just give her a 5 or 6 days to heal then have at it. I wouldn't try bending that branch but a little defoliation shouldn't hurt. I personally don't defo just keep the bottom clean and tuck fan leaves.i do LST and supercroping very slowly over a week or two then let her fly.:goodluck:

Just give her a 5 or 6 days to heal then have at it. I wouldn't try bending that branch but a little defoliation shouldn't hurt. I personally don't defo just keep the bottom clean and tuck fan leaves.i do LST and supercroping very slowly over a week or two then let her fly.:goodluck:

Thanks for the advice g-daddy,

Btw fix ur signature already, I dunno if u noticed it hehe :Namaste:

4th of July - Pic Update

High there and happy 4th of July to all my American friends here at 420 Mag ! :love:
i hope everyone had (or still are) having a blast and everything is good with you guys

Here is a pic update for today, since i didn't have much time this week to do so
we are near the end of week 3 of flower for plants 2 & 3, plant 1 i count still as veg or whatever.
plant #1 still doesn't flower, but i see small pre-flowering (?) on the tops mainly, dunno it just don't wanna be sexy for papa or something lol
plants 2 & 3 are doing fine

i did a defoliation for the whole gang yesterday, a pretty massive one
everything that was blocking a bud site got cut, and a leaf that was looking bad was shot down also
i took down a nice handful of leafs in the end, now i'll have to hold myself until day 51-55 to defoliate again for the last time.

plants 2 & 3 got fed with Bio-Bizz week 4 schedule, 3 ml/L bio-grow, 3 ml/L bio-bloom, 3 ml/L alg-a-mic, 1 ml/L top-max

no time to label them pics, maybe i'll edit later
some of the pics are blurry, i took them with my cellphone as usual but using the lens of my Method-7 safety glasses for LED growers, and i can't use flash if i do so.

Back: Plant #1
Front: Plants #2 (Left) & #3 (Right)

:Namaste:

20140705_031431.jpg

20140705_031502.jpg

20140705_031530.jpg

20140705_031537.jpg

20140705_031551.jpg

20140705_031622.jpg

20140705_031629.jpg

20140705_031807.jpg

20140705_031821.jpg

20140705_031831.jpg

20140705_031838.jpg

20140705_031854.jpg

20140705_031908.jpg

:high-five:

Re: 4th of July - Pic Update

Wow, you left them all butt naked with nothing but house slippers on 84. :goodjob:

Re: 4th of July - Pic Update

Wow, you left them all butt naked with nothing but house slippers on 84. :goodjob:

High'ya Reg,

Could strip them more, but it leave myself some work for day 50ish
Plant 1 I didn't defoliate too much because I don't want to stress it too much, as she has already been so much troubles by now
I still count that girl in veg status, blergh.

Found some new seeds from good weed!

i bought some fine weed from a friend's friend, got a dense part of what looks like a huge cola

when i looked at it closely i found 1 seed on the outside, so i collected it
then i decided to break it a part gently and see if i can find some more
found few more, so then i decided to break it more

final count i have 13 seeds from a very good weed :cheer:
i've put it in a sealed plastic bag in a dark place
took a pic and here it is, 6 of them look great, some others i wonder if they will even sink

20140706_031752.jpg

i'm contemplating when should i germinate them and continue the legacy
maybe mid-august

:high-five:

Re: Found some new seeds from good weed!

I'm waiting to hear the answer to 84's light distance. Is it in range?

Back
Top Bottom