My First Grow - Indoor - Soil - CFL - Bag Seed

Re: My First Grow! Indoor-Soil-CFL-Bagseed

They are all looking great buddy. Thats pretty trippy how the color of the leds change depending on your camera angle.
And I rate this journal a 5!

Wow C1 much appreciated, I rated both of your journals 1&2 also few weeks ago, excellent info on equipment and installation, problem solving and great companionship, most recommended

Thanks for sticking by :thanks:

:nicethread: EightyFour

I try to read at least one entire journal in a day or two for big ones and I randomly discover other journals through search and signatures in interesting journals.
I strongly advice everyone starting out to read as much as you can, search for common grow mediums,lightning,areas,weather etc. to yours, or different interesting methods for future grows or current grow
So many possibilities, but first I gotta get smoothly on the basics highway
:high-five:

What I have noticed in a lot of "first time grows" is the switch of lighting. Either adding more and or changing to something different. (LED, HPS etc). I am guilty myself.

What I have noticed in a lot of "first time grows" is the switch of lighting. Either adding more and or changing to something different. (LED, HPS etc). I am guilty myself.

Hey there MaPilot glad you stopped by,

Yep I noticed that too, and in accordance I did so as well hehe.
I am very pleased of the LED and I believe you can go from seed to harvest with them from lots of journals I've been reading.
Maybe just for cuttings of clones you will want to use some CFL's for little more heat if it's a cold time.
The switch to one led panel that solves both veg and flower stages made my life easier at least on the lightning area.

Cheers!
:thanks:

Guilty of that myself. Looking good 84!

June 23rd Photo Update - Flower Week 2-3

High'ya friends!

here is a photo update, photos taken just now around lights on

plant 1 got LST'd few days ago, bending the 2 tops a bit down to give the lower tops a chance to catch up and also fill with bud sites everything in the middle.
so far its looking good to my opinion.
also gave a feeding to plant 1, pot was pretty light, fed it with flower week 3 schedule.

plants 2 & 3 are doing fine, except for some leafs showing a deficiency or abundance of something, please take a look at the last 3 photos of the batch and tell me.
sorry its not on room light, but i took one photo with veg+flower on, and one only with veg, maybe it will help.

is it the cal-mag thing haunting me? maybe its just some older growth? maybe something related to the flush or the prolonged darkness period before the flip?

i'm keeping a close eye on that sort of stuff now, don't wanna fuck up badly at sensitive time like flower, my baby's suffered enough

everything is going as planned so far except for that thing 2 rows above, and the bloody temperatures!!!

much love people!
:love:

here are the pic's, as always... anything you wanna ask, answer, point out, laugh at me or make me cry, please do, go ahead! :Namaste:

Plant 1 - Outside of the tent photo from the top, did some lst a few days ago
20140623_221708.jpg

whole gang in the tent
20140623_221859.jpg

Plant 2 top
20140623_221915.jpg

Plant 2 profile, plant 3 in the back seat
20140623_221926.jpg

whole gang again
20140623_221952.jpg

plant 3 tops
20140623_222005.jpg

plant 3 side branch flower in the front, the tops in the background
20140623_222017.jpg

plant 3 side branch flower
20140623_222034.jpg

check out the leafs, deficiency / abundance ? help
20140623_222052.jpg

20140623_222104.jpg

20140623_222112.jpg

:thanks:

looking good 84!!!

looking good 84!!!

Thanks mrrobert ! :high-five:

plants look great.

Thanks b.real ! :high-five:

Looking at one of those leaf diagnosis charts it looks like the start of some elemental deficiency, Mg, Ca, S.... That would be my guess.

Athos

Thanks for the help Athos, that's what I was thinking, I had a feeling this will bite me back in the ass during flower, as KJC already suggested I get some cal mag supplement, too lazy to drive out of town and see if they have it, I have a feeling they don't.
Appreciate the help :high-five:

Anyone else has a another thought about leaf diagnosis ?

Hello 84. Here's a 420 link that I used to diagnose the issues I was having. It's descriptive with pics to compare your plants to and also explains how to resolve the issue.

Hello 84. Here's a 420 link that I used to diagnose the issues I was having. It's descriptive with pics to compare your plants to and also explains how to resolve the issue.

Hey BAR glad u stopped by, I'm aware of that link, I'm just not experienced enough to determine what it shows.
I know what it isn't, but I can't point what it is.
Either N def or Cal/Mag def.
But, it can also be just a biproduct of the prolonged dark period few days after a soil pH correction flush was done.
I Defoliated some leafs that looked bad and energy consuming instead of producing, will try and see if it comes back.
If it's N deficiency I think it's better i do nothing for now and not harm them by try correcting stuff that may have already fixed.

Btw I still test the runoff once in while and I still get a 7.0-7.1 pH reading.
I already know I need to supplement the soil with cal-mag and also add peat moss or something to help lower it to 6.5.
I do not want to flush now, and you will probably also not suggest it I think.

Actualy plant #1 looks the healthiest green, but I don't see any major pre flowering on it, possible male/herm alert, will give it about a week and try determine what's happening next.

So what's your opinion on my leaf signs and actions to take? If any?

Ok, I'll try to get King John over here. He's great with identifying deficiencies.

Your leaf damage appears to be from a magnesium deficiency possibly from the pH imbalance or the recent flush period.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Back
Top Bottom