My First Grow - Is This Normal?

Starting my 3rd grow:
Cleaning Hydroton clay pebbles?
Now I have pulled up the main root ball and am thinking to use a 5gal bucket and tip back and forth and taking plant matter out during process.

Now I don't want to waist my buying new like last time as I need to talk about Nutrient packs.
Now the 1 nutrients you and by the way I Love your growth results you get. I could not see if A) they ship to the U.k and B) how much it cost thus if it would be worth it or if not what others you think I should go with??
Im thinking not to have a 2 part A&b veg & bloom as of the simplicity of it as I just wanna do this with as much simplicity as possible. Would love to hear your thoughts as we(the Mrs and I) want to get the next 1 on lol.
Bear in my Big Bud no.2 female in soil has about 2-3weeks and will post some pictures as I could be wrong as it's swelling up IBM some parts now.

Ohh by the way Grandad's grow has started flowering and I reported 2week before it started budding and hope it goes well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forum Runner

Blue Planet Nutrients does ship to the UK, but I don't know the shipping cost. I will say this: For you, it would be best to buy the gallon size of everything except the Liquid Blue Bloom Booster. I'd get a quart of that.

Clicky - Blue Planet Nutrients - Clicky

Now, as for cleaning your hydrotone, put them in a big container that you can reach the bottom of but is still big enough to cover by at least 6 inches. Some will float, and some will sink, this is okay.

1. If using a 10 gallon container to wash, use 1 cup of bleach and hot water.
  2. Let soak for an hour or two, and then drain.
  3. Refill with clear water, and agitate.
  4. Drain, removing as much root materiel as you can. I find a wire strainer is helpful if you swish it around in the water before draining as a sort of skimmer.
  5. Keep filling, agitating, and draining removing root material until water is no longer red tinted, and you have removed as much root material as you can. (trust me, you won't get it all) This can be a lengthy process to get the water to run clear, be patient with it.
  6. Once cleaned as much as possible, fill one last time, add 1 to 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide, and let sit overnight. (final disinfection optional)
  7. Drain, let dry, and you're ready to go.

Blue Planet Nutrients does ship to the UK, but I don't know the shipping cost. I will say this: For you, it would be best to buy the gallon size of everything except the Liquid Blue Bloom Booster. I'd get a quart of that.

Clicky - Blue Planet Nutrients - Clicky

Now, as for cleaning your hydrotone, put them in a big container that you can reach the bottom of but is still big enough to cover by at least 6 inches. Some will float, and some will sink, this is okay.

1. If using a 10 gallon container to wash, use 1 cup of bleach and hot water.
  2. Let soak for an hour or two, and then drain.
  3. Refill with clear water, and agitate.
  4. Drain, removing as much root materiel as you can. I find a wire strainer is helpful if you swish it around in the water before draining as a sort of skimmer.
  5. Keep filling, agitating, and draining removing root material until water is no longer red tinted, and you have removed as much root material as you can. (trust me, you won't get it all) This can be a lengthy process to get the water to run clear, be patient with it.
  6. Once cleaned as much as possible, fill one last time, add 1 to 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide, and let sit overnight. (final disinfection optional)
  7. Drain, let dry, and you're ready to go.

Blue Planet Nutrients does ship to the UK, Does ship to the UK but not my post code and i will pm you with it so you can try if it's ok. As i was Quoted Dutch Pro all 1 liter bottles £180 and another £170 BOTH local stores( this is way to steap, I do want quality but not at that price lol)

add 1 to 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide, Is this called Silicon????

Also i have just noticed 1 seed among the Cheisel harvest and i noticed 1 on the GR floor (The Male out the back have anything to do with this?? Cheisel are Feminised but not the Big Bud)
Big bud female is not showing signs of seeds tho any thoughts would be excellent bro. thanks:thumb:

Final Pruduct Chiesel Picture Update
20120915_200405.jpg
SAM_4137.JPG

Grandpa's Greenhouse Grow! Purple Unkown?? BLOOM
I have been watering it and hope it recovers :thumb:
20120915_122055_0_.jpg
20120915_122009.jpg
20120915_121911.jpg

Big Bud regular flowering time 7-8???(what do you think bro :Namaste:??)
20120916_102438.jpg
20120916_102432.jpg
20120916_102410.jpg

Update on maintenance of grow room!
Cooltube fan has broken!! the fan blades has come of exactly the same as the 1 that i had to send back. So i will need to buy a new 1(but am not in a rush as Autumn is upon us here and i will have the cold on my side :)

Sunmaster pro son t agro bulb has gone(bought a new 1 by Lumii 600 w auto sunblaster?? £17:00 not bad and will use this for veg only and maybe but another once my new seedlings go into bloom.
Now from what i know of i had 1 Of period due to broken bulb but not sure if it may have been 2 as i go up there every other night and hope it doesn't hurt which i don't think so???

Both timers seem to have broke and will test again tonight. The light timer and the hydro timer.

Okay, the top is ready to come down:
SAM_4137.JPG

Seeds? May be that the boi in the back got willy and popped the ladies. Pollen is extremely light, and blows with even a hand waved over it, so it's possible.

On the shipping from BPN, check the post codes around your area, or closer into a larger town, and see to which he ships, and get a postbox there. Shouldn't be too expensive for a month or so, just a few quid for a month. That way you're not paying almost triple the shipping... If he ships to me, it's gonna be about $40 USD, then it'll be more expensive for me to ship it to you, as a private individual, than if it was shipped form a company. I don't have discounts, and special rates worked out with the shippers. So it'll be quite a bit more to get it to you.

Okay, the top is ready to come down:
SAM_4137.JPG

This has been chopped 4wks ago lol so sorry for the confusion but just posting the Cheisels bigger nugs lol thanks dude.

Seeds? May be that the boi in the back got willy and popped the ladies. Pollen is extremely light, and blows with even a hand waved over it, so it's possible.

On the shipping from BPN, check the post codes around your area, or closer into a larger town, and see to which he ships, and get a postbox there. Shouldn't be too expensive for a month or so, just a few quid for a month. That way you're not paying almost triple the shipping... If he ships to me, it's gonna be about $40 USD, then it'll be more expensive for me to ship it to you, as a private individual, than if it was shipped form a company. I don't have discounts, and special rates worked out with the shippers. So it'll be quite a bit more to get it to you.

So if the male has breed with the cheisel(which i and the mrs has now found among Cheisel which were left to ripen more) are them few seeds viable?? and does that make the seeds i have found a cross Cheisel/Big Bud????

Aww thats sweet, As we loved the Cheisel, but the bugs/colas coulda been bigger.
Now I have a cross seeds, just hope the vigor of big bud traits go well thus making them bigger but without the kush tho.

Grandads Green house grow!
Need urgent help my good friend.
Temperature is dropping here in the U.K. and am getting worried bro, As weekend temps down to 7 with frost in most places.
Now I read that putting hot water in the greenhouse will help stop temps freezing over but I do not know their limitation.
Also when one thinks about Cannabis growing up in the Himalayan Mountains there is also frost snow?
So what I am asking is what's my best cause of actions pleas m8

Aww thats sweet, As we loved the Cheisel, but the bugs/colas coulda been bigger.
Now I have a cross seeds, just hope the vigor of big bud traits go well thus making them bigger but without the kush tho.

Grandads Green house grow!
Need urgent help my good friend.
Temperature is dropping here in the U.K. and am getting worried bro, As weekend temps down to 7 with frost in most places.
Now I read that putting hot water in the greenhouse will help stop temps freezing over but I do not know their limitation.
Also when one thinks about Cannabis growing up in the Himalayan Mountains there is also frost snow?
So what I am asking is what's my best cause of actions pleas m8

Hmmm... 7 is low, but I'd be afraid if it got nearer 3 or 2. Might try the hot water, but that might also raise RH i the greenhouse. Those plants should be just about ready to come down anyway. Won't hurt much if they get cold damaged, you'll just have to pull them as soon as you see it.

Hmmm... 7 is low, but I'd be afraid if it got nearer 3 or 2. Might try the hot water, but that might also raise RH i the greenhouse. Those plants should be just about ready to come down anyway. Won't hurt much if they get cold damaged, you'll just have to pull them as soon as you see it.

Cold damage! so what signs am I looking out for please?
Will take some pictures this morning and upload this afternoon.

ps can't believe I forgot to raise my HPS light lol, Totally fried em and proper gutted. Excited to get Xmas grow done haha.

Hey Jandre,
Any advice on a good intake fan for my cool tube bro would be great as the 1 i had is broke(out of warranty now bro and they swapped it 1 already). As it is Autumn/winter it is not a must but will need a v.good 1 for when the summer comes!!!

Just had the green light to do cuttings!!
So what i'll need

For Veggging::
Mh bulbs for vegging ~(i will attach a plug to the reflector for this)
A new lid for my 5 gallon bubbler to convert it for cuttings!(Will need your advice for this tho bruv Please)
Also a tent/grow room for a 5 gallon bubbler!! and i am sure you have this sussed m8 lol. As i want to keep costs down but with out effecting anything in the long run just for the sake of a few pounds.

Beans: Kush strains!! I want to try another 1 apart from Big Bud! i now know why they were a free gift lol, We do Not like this as it has a nasty taste and also took 9-10 days to dry out and also smells Bad(not like weed or commercial weed).
So i am after a nice kush strain to try with the Cheisel x 2 and the Cheese x 1 and will then adopt a mum of the new cuts??? As i think i have left it too late for my Xmas smoke lol.
There sprouting their 2 nodes now.

I bought a grasslin mechanical plugin timers "topica 200s"
And has been used on to grows now and my other timer Plug and grow has also done the same thing.???????????????????????

I've plug my 250watts and my 600 watts ballast to each of them respectively

after a few weeks the timers stopped working. They always stay on.

Both of them.

Even if I move the light switch to prositions ON, TIMER or OFF.

It is always on.

Anyone know why and any one know if I could get a stronger timer so that does not happen anymore?
I do not want to by another if it will continue to happen
Thanks

Hey Jandre,
Any advice on a good intake fan for my cool tube bro would be great as the 1 i had is broke(out of warranty now bro and they swapped it 1 already). As it is Autumn/winter it is not a must but will need a v.good 1 for when the summer comes!!!
I'm not a fan of intakes... I like exhaust only, and passive intake.

Just had the green light to do cuttings!!
So what i'll need

For Veggging::
Mh bulbs for vegging ~(i will attach a plug to the reflector for this)
A new lid for my 5 gallon bubbler to convert it for cuttings!(Will need your advice for this tho bruv Please)
Also a tent/grow room for a 5 gallon bubbler!! and i am sure you have this sussed m8 lol. As i want to keep costs down but with out effecting anything in the long run just for the sake of a few pounds.
I'd just cut a hole and put a basket in a 5Gal bucket, but that's just me.

Beans: Kush strains!! I want to try another 1 apart from Big Bud! i now know why they were a free gift lol, We do Not like this as it has a nasty taste and also took 9-10 days to dry out and also smells Bad(not like weed or commercial weed).
So i am after a nice kush strain to try with the Cheisel x 2 and the Cheese x 1 and will then adopt a mum of the new cuts??? As i think i have left it too late for my Xmas smoke lol.
There sprouting their 2 nodes now.
Purple #1 is a good strain.

I'm not a fan of intakes... I like exhaust only, and passive intake.

?Passive? Meaning just bringing fresh air inside?

I'd just cut a hole and put a basket in a 5Gal bucket, but that's just me.

Well there is already a 5in hole cut, so i should just leave it then??
Or would one be better to use the bubbler for a mother to produce my cuts?
If this is the case i'll need a set up too accomplish this won't i?
We've spoke about this in the past and i do remember that you saying i should some how convert my Wilma pot set up to ebb and flo? (I think i should concentrate on what i got to use with what i need and how much i have to accomplish this)
Around £60-80 equipment alone

Purple #1 is a good strain.
Thanks m8

What are your thought's on Big Bud then m8??
As i am not sure what has gone on there, but the i'm not feeling the taste(if you no what i mean)
It seemed a nasty taste/smell of the dry bud plus the colas were big actualy. But will not go there again but have read that the big in yeild will lose it taste and smell.(Now the Cheisel's smell was pungent even after a good month on wards which is what i love hehe).
Also we THINK we know our weed but the once when we assumed Big bud was dry(between 7-9 days) and we put a quater (8th to you i think lol or 7.g) into a bag and the next day it had gone damp(now I had said THINK because we bought it in the past and it had been damper like chlorophil wet like but had not gotten wetter if you know what i mean). Maybe the particular strain or problems during flower which i am not sue. But do know this that it was flushed and left to feed of it's self thus making the leaves go brown.

Ps sorry i ain't put any pictures up but normally do it through my phone but now i does it and it's not happening and when i link phone to laptop there is ex amount of photo's all taken at different times and it just spins me right out so i will use my camera today and sort some pictures so it's easier to see at most what i'm saying lol.

Back
Top Bottom