My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

These LEDs are so god damn sexy...I just feel without experience that they dont get the kind of coverage i would want. I use 12 bucket flo m gro with a 1000watt over 6 plants each.

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

These LEDs are so god damn sexy...I just feel without experience that they dont get the kind of coverage i would want. I use 12 bucket flo m gro with a 1000watt over 6 plants each.

defintely would need more than two panels for that coverage.

:Namaste:

i let the ppms get to about 900, the next day i had more tip burn and curl and spots. i added calmag and water to bring ppms down to 800. was hoping to have things more dialed in at this stage. i'm determined to get the ppms going in the right direction this res now.

update
day 41 of flower
ph 5.9
ppms 800
temps 83 69
humidity 50%
co2 1200+
ppms are still rising at 800 but no new leaf damage today so thats good. going to bring them down more , i want my res to be tracking like its suppose to. no explosive growth yet, i think slowed them down with the defoil and high ppms.

IMG_157212.JPG
IMG_15717.JPG
IMG_157012.JPG
IMG_156911.JPG
IMG_156811.JPG
IMG_15679.JPG
IMG_15669.JPG
IMG_156510.JPG
IMG_156412.JPG

I just found out from Corey at BPN that you can use any zym product you want with Zone as well as mycos. Looking really good bro +reps:)

thanks for the reps , i know you can use enzyme products but i think you'd be wasting the mycos. xlr8 told me he didnt like when he used both, something about gunking up the res i believe.
thanks for stopping by

Guess I ll find out pretty soon I just added zone to my veg res and theres mycos in there too:)

i did the same thing right before switching to flower and my res and hoses got cleaned and ph way more stable after adding zone. did you start with the aggresive strength?

no I added 1.5 tsp per 5 gallons. im cloning those plants to death pretty soon so theres not much point really, I just wanted to see if anything obvious happens over the next few days. I think i ll be using it from beginning to end now that ive found it in canada:)

should at least be using it at 9ml per 5 gals with res temps above 74f , agressive strength is 12ml per 5 gals. i think will be going from beginning to end too.

well today i decided i needed to move my air pump outside my room. running the co2 on a timer sometimes my co2 levels reach 2000ppms. i just recently read that co2 can combined with calcium. calcium def is what my leaves look like. so when i look in the rainforest my water level is to the bottom of the net cups. my restricter valve had opened up some allowing faster flow to rainforest, i'd been going off the controller level for the last couple of days. pulled two gals out of system and fixed the valve. going to do a res change tomarrow , it's the first day of seventh week. i hate having these problems at this important stage.

ppms 800
ph 5.9

looking awesome bro! :cheesygrinsmiley:

one thing ya definitely notice is when you get a vigorous grower in a hydro setup with great nutes- its almost nuclear brother LOL tbh with ya i can see one plant in that system and grow space, trained a bit.. would have been just as massive, it almost seems like you could flip that strain over at 0-2 weeks veg somewhere and still get MASSIVE growth, it is so vigorous.. one thing that would be pretty cool would be to graft a strain like this onto a pure indica root-stock... would be fascinating to see the results. ive grafted weed before years ago but because its more of an annual i didnt bother continuing..
looking amazing bro.. and im digging it as im considering(.. considering :] ) going LED in a couple of grows, watching you and jon has made me think about it.. and as jon says its more of the heat signature thang for me than anything else.

keep up that insane hydro mate! :peace: :Namaste:

looking awesome bro! :cheesygrinsmiley:

one thing ya definitely notice is when you get a vigorous grower in a hydro setup with great nutes- its almost nuclear brother LOL tbh with ya i can see one plant in that system and grow space, trained a bit.. would have been just as massive, it almost seems like you could flip that strain over at 0-2 weeks veg somewhere and still get MASSIVE growth, it is so vigorous.. one thing that would be pretty cool would be to graft a strain like this onto a pure indica root-stock... would be fascinating to see the results. ive grafted weed before years ago but because its more of an annual i didnt bother continuing..
looking amazing bro.. and im digging it as im considering(.. considering :] ) going LED in a couple of grows, watching you and jon has made me think about it.. and as jon says its more of the heat signature thang for me than anything else.

keep up that insane hydro mate! :peace: :Namaste:

thanks for the kind words mate. i've never tried grafting sounds interesting. i'm a little upset on the calmag def. the leaves aren't looking as pretty as they were. hopefully i got it all sorted out now.

thanks for stopping by

well today i decided i needed to move my air pump outside my room. running the co2 on a timer sometimes my co2 levels reach 2000ppms. i just recently read that co2 can combined with calcium. calcium def is what my leaves look like. so when i look in the rainforest my water level is to the bottom of the net cups. my restricter valve had opened up some allowing faster flow to rainforest, i'd been going off the controller level for the last couple of days. pulled two gals out of system and fixed the valve. going to do a res change tomarrow , it's the first day of seventh week. i hate having these problems at this important stage.

ppms 800
ph 5.9

So the air pump bubbling into the res was sucking the 2000 ppm CO2 air? Did you notice your ph changing faster than normal?
If the Ca is combining with CO2 to make CaCO3, I would expect the other byproducts to affect the ph.

So the air pump bubbling into the res was sucking the 2000 ppm CO2 air? Did you notice your ph changing faster than normal?
If the Ca is combining with CO2 to make CaCO3, I would expect the other byproducts to affect the ph.

i had my air pump on the otherside of the room , but like i said co2 ppms were getting 2000+ sometimes, what i noticed is my ph like to stay at 5.9 , no big swings. yestarday after i moved my air pump to the living room where co2 levels are about 800 i did a res change added 4ml gal calmag. probably should have just stuck with 5ml gal. i still havent got ppms going down yet. ppms were 800 at change and still 800 this morning, i added 6ml more calmag today. i've got alot of tip , edge burn and rust spots showing. i think the water level running too high for those few days could have something to do with the problem. from now on that goes on the daily check list.

kicking my self in the ass for not being more dialed in but i'm sure second run in this system will be better. i think i'm going to do holy grail kush next cause i know what to expect with the stretch and calmag.

update

day 45 flower
temps 83 68
hum 45-55
ph 6.0
ppm 790

did another res change with full strength cal mag , dropped the fire to 20ml , dropped sparkle completely , full strength on prime.
new res ppms was 750 the next day its 790. so still going up instead of down. the left plant seems to be maturing more quickly than the right. i'm sure i've hurt my yeild by cutting back on the calmag for the last week or so. hopefully not alot. everytime i see the girls scared up leaves i kick myself. well we are all here to learn and i have og's get 5ml gal calmag from third week veg to flush.
thanks for stopping by.

IMG_158215.JPG

IMG_158313.JPG

IMG_15847.JPG

IMG_158513.JPG

:peace:

I think you nailed that one right on the head bro, thank you:)

I just found out from Corey at BPN that you can use any zym product you want with Zone as well as mycos. Looking really good bro +reps:)

thanks for the reps , i know you can use enzyme products but i think you'd be wasting the mycos. xlr8 told me he didnt like when he used both, something about gunking up the res i believe.
thanks for stopping by

Hey guys - Okay, here's the scoop and what worked for me... Zone can be used with hygrozyme, etc., but I didn't particularly care for the combination as much as just Zone. I still use hygrozyme often with coco coir plants/moms, and I like it, just not as much in conjunction with Zone, personally. Some do like them together, but I had some extra gunk and some plants that looked more stressed when I combined them - maybe I just didn't have the combo dialed in correctly yet, but I went back to what was working (Zone without zym) on my active hydro plants - and hygrozyme without the Zone on the coco coir plants.

On the bennies - I tried them as a res additive, and again had a lot more debris/gunk in the reservoir. It was a mess, honestly. But... I did find a way I liked to use them together that I really liked. What I did, was one or two nights before my res change, I applied mycorrhizae mixed up as a drench, top-down in my hydro pots (not as a reservoir additive). I continued to let the system run as normal until the upcoming res change. Then, a day or two later, I'd do a reservoir change with Zone (no mycos added). This really seemed to give me the benefits from mycos without sludging things up as much. Really healthy, strong looking bright white roots, and a reservoir that wasn't gunky... win/win. They do seem to work okay together, and in my system, this method of application worked well. Took me some trial and error, but that's where I landed and what I'll do again in the future...

Sorry for the long absence guys - been busy dealing with some of life's challenges...

Looking good Ronnie! You are doing great, we all are constantly trying to dial in from grow to grow, and constantly finding ways to do things better... No matter how many grows are under your belt. It's the life-long growers challenge. You are going to have some great meds, brother. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom