My First Grow! Lemme Know What You Think!

Jeorje277

Theyre a month and 3 weeks old. I think theyre growing rather slow.. but thats prolly just me. theyre under flourescents and are on 1/4 strength nutes which seemed to have increased the rate of growth. still need to get a fan on the poor things :/ Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated!

Happy growing!! :roorrip:

The first 3 are of the month old
the last 3 of the 3 week old

11239.jpg

2843.jpg

3697.jpg

4500.jpg

5395.jpg

6347.jpg

Hi, your girls look healthy. I have some questions though:

What kind of light are you using?
When are you planning on transplanting to larger containers?
Are you going to keep them under fluoro's for flowering?
What kind of light schedule do you have them under?
Are they in soil?

:cheer:

I'm using one of those long like 4 foot flourescents with the 2 long tubes. they dont generate much heat, they can be on for hours and still just warm to the touch.

As far as transplanting, I've been trying to get an answer on when to transplant! lol

And yeah I plan on keeping them under the same lights during flowering. I know theyre not good for them but I'm on a tight budget. :/

Right now, they're on 18/6

And yes they're in soil

Ok, I would suggest to transplant now.

I would also suggest having a fan in your grow area having the air move a bit because your stems look a little thin. Air movement will thicken them up and make them more rigid.

How long do you plan on vegging them? The longer you veg, the bigger they will get in flower. Remember, your girls will double, if not triple, in size during flowering. If you're not planning on adding any more light I would really suggest LSTing them and flowering them soon.

I don't know how far you keep them away from the light but you should keep them as close as possible. 2-3 inches away would be great.

Otherwise they look good. :roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

Alrighty well I'm gonna transplant tomorrow or the next day, whenever I get back home :D

I only plan on vegging them for maybe 2 or 3 weeks longer tops. this is more a trial grow just to get the experience and know that I can lol.

They're about 2 inches away from the lights at all times if not closer.

btw, LSTing? prolly a complete n00b question, but, whats that? lol

Oh and I had a question. The bottom leave tips on the older girl are turning yellow and curling under.. D: Just the veeery tips tho. like its hardly even noticeable.

What do I do about that/what causes that?

:thanks::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

Your problem might be K (potassium) deficiency. Post some pictures (but they have to be clear). Or google potassium deficiency and see if what pops up is what your girl looks like.

As to LST, here is a post you should read about it. It explains it much better than I ever would:

A Brief Guide to LST

Hope that helps and happy growing. :bong:

Alright well I googled pics of potassium defficiency and I don't think that's my problem. Those were showing leaves with a lot of yellow all over where as mine is just the very tips on the bottom leaves. Like the very ends of the leaves where it points are yellow and curling. I'll post some pics when I get back home and see what you guys think.

Oh and great post for explainig LSTing to me. :bravo: My only worry about doing that now is that their stems are very weak due to lack of fans on em. I think I might hurt the poor girls if I try doing that. Is it really worth it? I'm sure I could do it without too much damage to them but I only want to if it's actually worth it.

I was going to possibly add another flourescent in the room during flowering but only if it's neccesary. Would LSTing or another light be better? Shit or both maybe if you guys think its neccesary.

I appreciate your feedback HempRocket!! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

I would add as much light as possible, be it in Veg or Flowering.
More light = bigger yield

LSTing is done to keep the plant as short as possible. You may ask: Why would you want your plant as short as possible?
Well the answer to that question is that as the distance between the leaves (+buds) and your light increases, the intensity of light decreases dramatically, especially for fluorescents.

So...let's say that your plant is 3' tall without LSTing. If you keep your light within 2 inches of the canopy, your main cola will be getting enough light. But...most of your plant will not be getting enough light. So you might end up with a nice top cola but the rest of the buds will not be very tight or heavy due to lack of light.

What LSTing does is it keeps your plant shorter so that there is more light available to the lower part of your plant. If you are planning to SURROUND your entire plant with fluoro's you don't need to LST. But if you are planning on keeping your light ONLY above the canopy, LST is the thing to do to increase yield.

You won't hurt them, MJ is a weed. But make sure you LST before you switch to 12/12. And make sure you counter tie.

Oh alright so I think I'll just LST instead of adding another light. Just less of a hassle. And very good point on MJ being a weed, didn't think of it like that. She'll be fine...

Well now I'm kinda stuck. Cause the way my light is now it's above the plants but on a slant cause it's too long to be directly over the plants. So if I did add another light the plants literally would be surrounded with light as there would be one light standing straight up in one corner and another standing straight up in another corner with the plants imbetween them.

What do you think?

Oh and my other question that remains un answered regards odor control. Since theres only 2 plants would the smell really be that bad? Considering there are 6 indoor cigg smokers in the house, 4 toy breed dogs who aren't house trained (hah), and i have 2 pit bulls, who aren't exactly rose scented beautys living in my room with me (the room with the closet holding the plants). Would those factors alone be enough? Cause odor CANNOT linger throughout the whole house. it can smell in my room (mildly) but thats pretty much it.

To answer your first question, it is totally fine to have your plants surrounded by lights. They don't have to be above the plants. I would add as much light as you can.

To answer your other question, if you don't put a carbon filter in place and/or vent outside, those weeds are going to start smelling pretty strongly when they flower. It all depends on the air circulation in your house but I had 2 plants in my house at one point without odor control and they totally stunk up my WHOLE house.

You mentioned something about cigg smokers. DO NOT SMOKE around your girls. They do not like to "breathe" cigg smoke because of all the toxins in cigg smoke.
:goodluck::morenutes:

Yeah I'm still tryna decide if I should just add more light or try LSTing.

Ok so odor control is a must I see. I've been looking around for cheap odor control setups and I think I'ma try this.

DIY Odor Control Bucket

^^Simple but hopefully effective. :D

And the cigg smoke is no problem. I won't even open the door to those babies room unless it's been over an hour since I last smoked. The other smokers in the house aren't smoking anywhere near the girls so that's not a concern.

Hi Jeorje277

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom