My First Grow...need feeding advice!

SkinnyChef

Hey;

I managed to get the 3 chocolate chunk seeds I had to grow...:thumb:
My budget for the grow was the 11$ for the soil.
I vegged them for about 7 weeks using a floresent light from a fish tank....lol.

I started to flower 15 days ago and put a common yard flood light leaning in from one side with a mirror on the other along with the floresent light a few inches above.

I am happy to say they are all ladies!
But now..I am worried that the combination of poor light and less nutrients
will really hinder an already poor grow set up.

I can't afford to buy anything, other than maybe some food items.
Is there a recipe for a plant food using things most people have? :helpsmilie:

The yard flood light won't help much at all. You should go to walmart with $25 and get a pack of CFL's, a spacebar and some plug-in light sockets. That will be cheap and way more effective then the yard light. Also make sure you keep that fish tank light on them too.

I know that the lighting is way under power!!! BUT
I am only using the lights for a about 4 hours a day the remaining 8 hours the plants are in natural sunlight
I was only looking for a simple way to feed them with out spending cash I don't have!

I finally found out that a mix of molasses and water once or twice while flowering should help!

NO KIDDING !! I know my lights arent strong enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just simply cant afford to buy anything!!!!!!
I was just looking for some friendly advice to feed my plants!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not going to post in this section of 420 anymore. I will get my grow help someplace else!

Another route would be to move them outside so they can get plenty of light from the sun. Since they are in the flowering stage they need plenty of phosphates and potassium. Get some Bat Guano that is dry and not already in a tea mix, the dry guano is normally cheaper than pre-mixed.

That would be Peruvian guano, not mexican. Also I think seabird guano is high in P.

So look into the different types of guano for your plants, organics are the best way to go!:thumb: You can even go to a local farm and see if they have some all natural ferts laying in the fields you can use, i hear lama crap is a good one to use.:goodluck:

NO KIDDING !! I know my lights arent strong enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just simply cant afford to buy anything!!!!!!
I was just looking for some friendly advice to feed my plants!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not going to post in this section of 420 anymore. I will get my grow help someplace else!

Whoa there Skinny! Let me see if I can help. My first thought is I can relate. Life can deal us all a real blow at times and we can all use some help now and then. Lets try this. I'm out of my league here so maybe someone else can pick up on this line of thought.

First I see you live in Colorado. Look nearby for for any soil that is covered by years of accumulations of leaves, sticks, etc. Under that you should find dark soil that will be rich in nutrients. Yes I know this is winter but it is there. Take some of that and either mix it with your soil or top dress it and water it in. Secondly, use any vegetables that you can get your hands on and grind it up by hand or in a blender with H2O, strain it, any old way you can, coffee filter or old T-shirt, you get the idea, and use this to water into your plants. Some that come to mind are carrots or spinach, etc. These will release nutes your plants can use albeit in small amounts but better than nothing. Try to use warm water, not hot. Organics are abundant in nature. If you look around this site you'll find that organic nutrients are good for plants as they are for humans. Do some research and you'll find many sources for nutrients that are readily available and can be easily used. I say this never having tried it. My hope is that it gives YOU some food for thought. Just remember that composts are naturally occurring almost everywhere. Most living or dead plants offer a rich source of nutrients that can be used for growing cannabis if used properly.

Don't give up on this forum. It is an abundant source of info and inspiration. I wish you the best not only in your attempt to grow cannabis but in your life. :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom