My First Grow Or A Brown Thumb Account Of Events

The final results are in on yield from the three small clones that were harvested almost a couple of weeks ago. Total dry weight was 7.9grams. For the most part they were really airy and not densely packed at all. To be expected as they were way off on the sidelines and a greater distance from the light.

Now the final yield results for Rey. It appears that DrDoob was the closest to the final yield. Quite an eye there.

Drum Roll - 5 ounces exactly. :rollit:

However there is another 9oz's plus in the freezer of wet trim including lots and I do mean lots of the airy larfy buds that came off the bottom of branches. Not sure what that amount will work out to be when Decarb'd, however I'm fairly sure at least an ounce of material ready to make canna buttter/oil with.

That’s a great haul! You should be very proud! :adore:

I think generally speaking tops average about 1/8th each, and you said you had 46. It’s proven a surprisingly accurate way to guesstimate.
:passitleft:

Thanks for the compliment. :ganjamon: There's certainly going to be enough to last for quite a while, including sharing with friends. Speaking of which, I'm going to allow the harvest to cure and mature for at least 4weeks before splitting it up and sharing. I figure a nice little sample of around a 1/4z will be a nice prize for a very close guesstimate.

Good to know for future reference. Would you say that would apply to any grow tops? Like a single xmas tree plant? I'm curious because of the idea of growing out of the 32oz Stadium Cups. Would they only produce an 1/8z each? The little clones from Rey were very scrawny and they came in at that weight. I have to say, I'm been hoping that each clone I'm currently growing would produce about a 1/2 oz. Then with my current 2nd grow and being in the 1.5gallon buckets. Does container size impact yield? Or just the ability to create more tops.

Thanks for the compliment. :ganjamon: There's certainly going to be enough to last for quite a while, including sharing with friends. Speaking of which, I'm going to allow the harvest to cure and mature for at least 4weeks before splitting it up and sharing. I figure a nice little sample of around a 1/4z will be a nice prize for a very close guesstimate.

Good to know for future reference. Would you say that would apply to any grow tops? Like a single xmas tree plant? I'm curious because of the idea of growing out of the 32oz Stadium Cups. Would they only produce an 1/8z each? The little clones from Rey were very scrawny and they came in at that weight. I have to say, I'm been hoping that each clone I'm currently growing would produce about a 1/2 oz. Then with my current 2nd grow and being in the 1.5gallon buckets. Does container size impact yield? Or just the ability to create more tops.
I just use 1/8 oz as a rough average when there are a lot of colas. I’m sure some of your buds are close to a 1/2 oz and others only a gram.

I think you could probably get 3/4ths or even an ounce from the 32oz cups with good training and such. I haven’t flowered in them yet but I’m still thinking of it.

I have a second smoke report of the Rey Skywalker. It continues to have a semi pineapple/citrus smell with a slight hint of pine tree. I ground a small fox-tail bud from one of the clones last night and loaded the Arizer.

The taste was decidedly pine tree. I almost want to say it had a flavor of a mixture of Greek Retsina Wine mixed with a slight amount of Greek Ouzo. I will try it again soon with a water pipe and see what aroma it provides. The initial taste also had a similarity of a menthol cigarette with an effect of the cooling around the mouth and nose, spreading up into and around the sinus's.

The high was a very nice head high with a feeling of dry eyes and yet they actually became moist. There was no headache with this trial test smoke. Obviously some additional curing and maturing will improve the experience. This is perhaps the most unusual smoke I have ever experienced. I'm guessing this is why people appreciate the home grown experience so much. Nice!

Good Day All,

I started my first grow as a complete novice, however with the coming of age and legalization of Recreational Cannabis in California I thought it was only fair that I give it a shot. I really have very little experience with gardening or growing things. Often in business and even at home I have had others take care of the plants. I originally considered doing a greenhouse out back, but as my home backs up against an elementary school I thought better not.

Late November of this last year my brother FelepiBlu shared that he had started an indoor grow with what he called his getto tent setup. being resourceful and extremely frugal he shared with me his collection of misfits so to speak that he had cobbled together. In the end it really doesn't matter, as long as you get some bud's to enjoy.

Given my lack of knowledge regarding indoor grows I took to the goggle and quickly found plenty of info about successes and failures. Evaluating my needs and also the concept of you get out of something exactly what you invest, I choose to go a little more on the higher quality side with regards to capital equipment investments. I also sprinkled in the desire to try and keep the reoccurring cost such as electricity on the lower side. Having a background in electronics I equate heat with energy loss and wasted money.

So to start with I decided on a Gorilla Grow Tent
IMG_236520.jpg
IMG_236623.JPG
IMG_236429.jpg
IMG_236127.jpg
IMG_236221.jpg
As with many things I purchase I look for longevity as part of the price point. Though fairly expensive to buy directly from GGT, this tent is available from a couple of grow supply companies for under $150 with no shipping or tax. Got to love that!!!

Next I looked at lighting, originally I shied away from LED because of the price point and lack of knowledge. It also appeared that there were a lot of units available from china that seems cheap and lacked spec's that I understood. Some of the higher cost heat generating light systems seemed to require an additional investment in cooling systems, which as stated before "heat equals wasted and poor use of poor management ie efficiency. So I selected a T5 direction. I started with a 2foot 2 bulb fixture to hang over the plant and 4 single 2foot bulbs to attach to the side corner poles.(really bad idea), fortunately never opened the boxes so I could return for store credit at my local San Diego Hydro store.
IMG_237437.jpg
Here we have a temp test of the T5 fixture. As it turned out the T5 wasn't such a great idea. It didn't supply near enough light after the first seedling state and created what I consider longer distances between the initial 4-5 nodes.
IMG_244729.jpg

So after a little background here is what I have going:

Skywalker OG (supposedly! given to me by a Ocean Beach grower/dealer, so I'm not exactly sure)
Indica (maybe) I'm certain it's a Photo, will have to see about the Sex. Several of my friends down at SDHydro say they can tell at this point, and feel it's a girl. (Perverts! Looking up little girls skirts)
Started Seed Germination Dec. 5th 2017
Currently in the Veg State
Soil Grow - Mother Earth GroundSwell Performance Soil 1.5 bag given to me as a sample(free)!!!
Started in a 3inch pot, moved up to a 6inch pot, currently in a 5gal fabric Root Pouch.
Perfect Sun Mini 110watt AC - 60 3watt LED's - cooled only with internal fans I have mapped out the PAR readings for hanging distances. Separate post of my PAR reading if you are interested. (hope that doesn't violate TOS on LED products.)
RH is typically between 50 and 70 depending on watering
Temp is slightly above 70F while lights are on, low 60's when light is off.
Water pH has been 6.7, will move down to 6.4-6.5 next gallon.
I have used a nute supplied by San Diego Hydro called Worm Tea. It is an active product they make and give away to their customers fresh twice a week. Going to hold off for 7-10 days and see if my CalMag issure resolves before continuing.

I'm will continue this log in the next thread to keep the individual threads manageable.

Hey BTZGrow! Great Stuff!

I'm in the process of wrapping up my 2nd grow and have moved those into a dark tent to rest before harvest. You will find a listing of that journal in my signature.

I have just started my 3rd journal and will be added it to my signature. It will be a 6plant grow from clones of the 2nd grow. There will be 2 Super Lemon Haze, two Ron Bergman Gold Leaf and two supposed GrapeApe of unknown origin.

Back
Top Bottom