My First Grow Or A Brown Thumb Account Of Events

Watering Day and I figured out that this grow is now at 140days old. Figure at best I have another 3wks before harvest. Damn It!!!
Included picture of one of the branches to see what you all think about filling out.
Hopefully more, much more.

I just couldn't pass on watching others ordering seeds on 4/20 specials and not get some for myself. @FelipeBlu have been discussing Lemon Haze as a want to grow. Found it on 420 and it was a buy 10 get an additional 10. During checkout they offered an additional option to purchase a special in house seed called Bergman's Gold Leaf. Its a 60/40 Indica Dom with a heave CBD influence. Bonus is it should have a short flower time. Normally listed for about $140 for 10 seeds offered at 50% off. Sure why not, what could go wrong?
Big question the skeptic in me has, will the bonus seeds also be Super Lemon Haze also. I know someone else who wouldn't be disappointed at all if they are. Right Bro?

Actually, I would be quite disappointed if the 10 free seeds were not SLH, since the offer was for “10 + 10 free Super Lemon Haze seeds”. I don’t think Robert B. is an intentionally deceitful person. Otherwise, 420 wouldn’t still be in business.

Besides, that Janie is pretty cute too. :passitleft:

It would appear that I have the tiniest beginnings of nutrient burn. Just a few tips are showing the smallest amount of brown crispiness. Not wide spread at this point and the tips that are affected appear to have about a1/32 to 1/16th of an inch effected at the tip. Reading up on the subject it would appear I have given too much too fast. Also reading it would appear a quick flush with plain pH'd water will solve the problem. My plant Rae is in a 5 gallon fabric pot and recently I have been giving about 2/3 of a gallon of mix. Mix is 1/2 tsp each of Dyna-Grow ProTek and Bloom. The last two feedings I haven't been putting any Bonicare CalMag at all. I have been putting in about 2ml of Bonicare Hydroguard a highly active strain of bacillus. Should I discontinue the Hydroguard as it appears it's supposed to increase nutrient intake?

For now, going down and doing a couple/three of gallons of plain pH'd water at 6.5 and let it rest a day or two. That is unless anyone has really good suggestions otherwise???

Some growers like to push their plants just until they get those burned tips, then they know how much that plant can take, then back off ever so slightly, maximizing the plant's nute uptake. I usually claim that at least when my tips get slightly burned. ;)

Yeah, That's It's!!! I was just pushing to find her limit. Story of my life! :rofl::laugh: So now I need to figure out what to back off on just a smidgen. The last two watering sessions I also got really lazy on the runoff and didn't have very much. Any possible connection there?? I could certainly increase my runoff without it being a issue. I figure I will cut back on the Hydroguard to 1ml and maybe reduce the ProteK a bit.

I carry in my water in a 5 gal bucket and sometimes it's not enough to water everyone, so I often don't have any run off. I've never really had a problem that I attributed to that. I do tend to let my reservoirs run pretty dry though. If there was a lot of old nutes just stagnant I would probably try to flush them out. :goodluck:

After responding last I contemplated that much of my life has been a result of the Eagles. "Take It to the Limit, One More Time" But it continues to be fun!

I'm looking forward to doing my next grow completely in Hempy Buckets. Won't have near the need for large runoffs as they hold so much less in the reservoirs.

I did run a full 3 gallons through Rae and will watch closely the next couple of days to see what type of response I get.

Doh, I totally forgot it wasn't hempy so you don't even have the reservoir. Hempy's run off is basically already flushing out any old nutes so it's super easy.
The theme song of my youth was also written by an Eagle's member "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh :smokin:

I was thinking about your little hempy clones, they'd be perfect for a little breeding without sacrificing a whole plant and a lot of space. I think I might try that if I find a super nice male.

The theme song of my youth was also written by an Eagle's member "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh :smokin:

I was thinking about your little hempy clones, they'd be perfect for a little breeding without sacrificing a whole plant and a lot of space. I think I might try that if I find a super nice male.

Yep, I'd follow up with "Life's Been Good" :ganjamon:

I had thought about the breeding using Hempy Cups. Don't need an entire plant. Something I will need quite a bit of education regarding. Might get an opportunity in the next grow as I'm going to be using regular seeds again and cull out the males. I'm planning on doing the same early sexing with clones after the donors get over 3weeks. Maybe we could work on that experience together???

Considering growing some Sensi Star, Gorilla Grape, and what I now call my OB Mystery Seeds. Of course might just change over to a couple of my seeds I just ordered, but they are Fem'd.

If you currently have any pollen let me know. We could play with one of my Cups as long as we isolate it, or would we have to once the pollen is on the female?

I’m always down to experiment. I have a male plant I’ve been keeping alive in veg, but I don’t really know how great it is until I grow out a lot more of the seeds I made with it. I tried to save some pollen but I didn’t store it well and I guess it went bad.

You’re going to have to get a veg tent soon. :D

I do have that rather small Storage Tote that should be able to veg from seed drop to about a month under the T5 unit. I'm working on plans for opening up some additional space.:hmmmm: It's interesting you mention that, as I keep seeing you and Sue and other with Tent1, Tent 2 and the competitive side in me says, well I should get another tent or tents also. :laugh::rofl:

I do have that rather small Storage Tote that should be able to veg from seed drop to about a month under the T5 unit. I'm working on plans for opening up some additional space.:hmmmm: It's interesting you mention that, as I keep seeing you and Sue and other with Tent1, Tent 2 and the competitive side in me says, well I should get another tent or tents also. :laugh::rofl:
Lol watch out it’s quite addictive. I’ve got six total now. :eek:

Lol watch out it’s quite addictive. I’ve got six total now. :eek:
Yes Well, as addictive as it might be, I think I would have to find a new residence to fit much more in. I'm also thinking that I can actually put my little Runt Clone out side at this point to isolate and let it create mature seeds.

Looks like I will have a second smaller Veg tent in a few weeks. A 2x2x4 that FelipeBle has. There was a previous conversation between FelipeBlu and myself about that subject. In his need for a taller tent, I suggested he might receive a Birthday Tent like mine from GGT that could also have an extension added for height. He had mentioned he wouldn't need his existing shorter tent and could gift/hand it down to me. Sounds like a perfect solution and I will still have my clone tote if I so choose or need. Actually the 4 foot height sounds just about perfect for a cloning/veg tent. Nice!!!

Back
Top Bottom