My First Grow Or A Brown Thumb Account Of Events

Looks like a good couple doobies! Fun stuff.
:passitleft:
:passitleft:Given the amount I put in my Arizer that last at least a couple of evenings of getting stoned, this will most likely last me a few weeks. The other night I pinched off a small amount Gorilla Glue #4 that made two l complete loads in my Arizer. I was stoned on that amount for 5 nights straight. I weighed the amount I pulled off and it didn't even register on my digital scale. Might have to share some of my yield. :yummy:

A couple of pictures of Rey from this evening just after lights on at 10pm. Very Frosty and I think I'm seeing much more cloudy trich's happening.
I turned on the flash to try and show a little more from the dark sides. Buds are looking nice. The sheer number should give a nice comfortable yield. Hopefully?

:laugh: I still have to find the right sized box to dry her in. I guess I also need to consider buy some of the Boveda packets also. What size jar would you suggest, Quart? BTW, how often should I be opening and airing out my drying box each day?:cough:

Good morning! :)

I would try to open the box every 3-4 hours at a minimum. Gases are produced during fermentation of the greenery, which is part of the drying process. Also, humidity will increase, and needs to be removed.

Better yet would be to provide passive ventilation, with small flaps at the top and bottom of the cardboard. If the box is in the garage, you might want to put some pantyhose filters in place to keep varmints out.

I just want to say that you have every reason to be pleased with your accomplishments on this -
your FIRST grow! :bravo:

Oh, and I will be very happy to help you out with your little problem! :laugh:
My consumption has actually increased some. :ganjamon:

Exciting News!!!!! I see gold in them hills. Amber on several colas tips is showing and right now looks like it's mostly on the bulbs of the Trichomes. I'm still seeing some clear, and certainly some milky. Will give them a rest today during lights out and recheck more tonight. I'm feeling an imminent harvest coming on for Rey. Besides it's really crowded in the flowering tent. She's going to get her eviction notice and need to get her affairs in order.

Just a couple of Bud Shot's from last night. I had difficulty getting some closeup's with my loop/camera combo.
There are lots of those nice little short foxtails through out. @FelipeBlu says they should all be separated into their own curing jar and they should be the tastiest and perhaps the strongest of all.
:drool:

There are lots of those nice little short foxtails through out. @FelipeBlu says they should all be separated into their own curing jar and they should be the tastiest and perhaps the strongest of all.

Hmmmm...you must have misunderstood. I don’t recall mentioning foxtails specifically. What I do is segregate cola tops from mids and minis.

Foxtails do have a higher calyx to leaf ratio though, and there may be some benefit to storing them separately.

Hmmmm...you must have misunderstood. I don’t recall mentioning foxtails specifically. What I do is segregate cola tops from mids and minis.

Foxtails do have a higher calyx to leaf ratio though, and there may be some benefit to storing them separately.
Misunderstand seems to be my thing lately. Ok, I do remember you saying the tops of the colas and I'm guessing since we had just been talking about the fox tails I transferred that over. Maybe I'm make a jar for each. A Foxtail jar and a
Tops of the Colas Jar. One can never have too many jars. :rofl::laugh::rofl:

Happiness is a sticky pair of scissors. Sung to the Beatles tune - Happiness is a warm gun

Come On Now, Everyone hum the tune for just a moment for this special event.

My first ever trimming effort. I took the harvest from Clone #1 and trimmed it off the branch. Cut the little tiny leaves that had curled and though it's very light and airy I'm pleased with the trimming effort.

Rey Clone #1 Yield 3.1 grams
I didn't have any real expectations from the Clones at all. They were actually my first clone attempt and for the purpose of early sexing Rey my first grow. Clone #1 & #2 were grown in the small stadium Hempy Cups. If the smoking is good it will have been worth the effort. Currently top shelf 8ths run at the dispensary a minimum of $60. As sticky as this is, it should be very nice.

In consult with @FelipeBlu this afternoon he was asking if I was going to going to keep Rey dark tonight until I started the harvest. Initially he reconsidered remembering that I had three others in the flower tent that couldn't go dark. I reminded him that I was ready to move the two still in the Veg tent into the Flower tent.

Game on! Additionally I ask if Rey would do better with a longer dark period and he suggested 48hrs. He confirmed that there would be a final Terpenes build up while in the final dark phase so we will wait for 48hrs from this morning when lights went out for the final time for Rey.

Wow! what a trip from December 3rd it has been. I'm feeling a big load has been lifted at this point. Lots of labor of love and education has come out of this first grow. I know there are still a few things that can go wrong. With great guidance in the harvest, drying and curing stages, I feel there's going to be a major celebration with the first smoke. Thanks all.

I'll keep you posted through these final stages, especially the yield weigh in after the buds are removed from the stems.

Harvest day arrives early. Almost 48hrs of darkness as recommended by @FelipeBlu. First a shout out to @DrDoob for his recommendation for the hanging racks from Amazon. Each has 26 clips, and I was feeling the need almost all of them.
A final prechop picture of Rey. Adiós:love: Ve con Dios mi señora:circle-of-love: ;):Namaste:

Post Chop, a look at the remainder. :eek:
Early on there was a moment at the beginning of training when a pull down went just a little too far.
This was the result after healing.:welldone:

Finally a picture of full hangers. 52 clips total, only 6 empty. About 2/3'd of the crop are between 7-9inches. The other third between 3-5 inches. Just a very few are light and airy, mostly from way down deep.
:bravo::thumb:
Starting a wet trim I brought one rack inside where it's cooler for me to work. There was this one cola that I call the
Pecker Cola for obvious reasons.
It's about 9inches and I'm sure the girls will enjoy it. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Final note, FelipeBlu has put in his estimate based on a guesstimate of 1/2oz per large cola. Based on the yield I had from the first single clone cola I have dried and cured coming in at 3grams and it was very light and airy, I'm hoping for the best.

I welcome anyone else contributing to the estimate, and will treat it like a lottery. Closest to final total dry weight will get a portion of the yield sent to them.
Sharing the Kindness!:passitleft:

FelipeBle has reminded me that I should edit this guesstimate lottery to respect to the of results and the legality of the resident state of the winner.

Okay, the much anticipated smoke test. 9 days post harvest. Dried and trimmed of the stalk 4 days ago. Put into small 1/2 pint ball jars with boveda packets. Pinched a small bud and stuffed into a bowl. Light It Up! Ah! Hummm initial report no real taste at all. Will certainly require more curing.

On the other hand, --- The freight train arrived with a full load within about 3-4 minutes and is not even thinking of slowing down now at 10 minutes. This is some really powerful stuff. It took about 3 hits off the bowl and it's sky rockets ignite...

Back
Top Bottom