My First Grow: Pre Grow

I'm a 43 year old physician, who hasn't smoked much since the late '70's early 80's. I'm not violating any state laws and this grow is for legitimate medical purposes...

OK, so I've been reading and studying about 3-4 hours per day for the last 2 weeks, got Cervantes' book, read it twice, been lurking on this forum, talking to friends who grow......

And I'm totally PUMPED to do this. This is a hobby that I can do with a passion....and help some folks at the same time.

So, I've got a 9x7 room with no windows, one door and no ventilation. I just painted the interior white, including the floor. It is insulated with drywall, etc.

Here are some pics:

outside3.jpg

Using a storage room in our poolhouse....hidden in plain sight.

panel.jpg

upgraded the electrical....4 unused individual 20 amp circuits.
electric_panel.jpg

waterheater.jpg

gonna "T" into the water intake on the heater and either filter or RO.

This weekend, I'm going to do the following:
1.) Install a 12000btu AC/deHum
2.)Install a 6" fan in high corner, with carbon filter---vent
3.)weaker 6" fan lower on wall with hepa filter---intake

Here's what I have planned for my grow:

BCNL Producer (I know, I know....got a GREAT price on it, however)

I'm gonna use clones, haven't decided between:
Purple Kush
Bubblegum
MK

Also, in a 4x4 tent, with a dimmable 1000watt AC reflector, Co2 proper ventilation, etc. I'm planning on doing 6-10 Hempy's with one the above strains and possibly Jack Herer.

I'll be using Advanced Nutrients.....and I'll have help.

I doubt anyone will be interested in this part of the journal....I'll update as things get going, as I install and dial in equipment....especially when I actually have babies in pots. :;):

Re: My first grow:pre grow

Welcome docbud! I too am a first time grower and I started a journal myself about 6 days ago and I'm very pleased with everyones insight and tips. Everybody here is so welcoming and helpful. Can't wait to see some pics of the setup and germies! Good Luck and Welcome.

Sounds interesting.Ive got my own little closet grow with a 400w switchable ballast. I wish u the best of luck man!!

CIMG19991.JPG

Thanks for the nice welcome!

I've been lurking for a while, so I'm familiar with hospitality here! I'm looking forward to getting my room dialed....I'll be ready to grow in about 2-3 weeks.

My goals are:

Don't kill every plant in the first grow
Do a decent job on the second
Grow a pound on the third.

I'll have 12-30 plants going when my room is up to full speed.

Right now, I've got a head full of knowledge and vocabulary from reading......but I'm totally lacking in wisdom, having only grown "mersh" by accident back in the day.

I'm an above average vegetable gardener, however.

Dude don't worry about it, growing is easier than it sounds. I've been giving my plants the bare minimum and they are doing great! The more you give, the more they give. Don't be surprised if you start a little before schedule, it happened to me. I planned to start in a week and stared the next day lol.
Edit: Oh hey man, to post pics you just copy the direct link to your image and paste it into the pop-up that comes up when you press the yellow button w/ mountains&moon in the message box. I saw these in the recent uploads so i'll post em up for ya ;) Hope you don't mind!
I see you got the pics up good job ;)

What strain/strains will u be growing ? I prefer indica because its more of a deeper body high. Very relaxing. The pic I posted was from my first indoor grow. Here is what I got going now.11 Granddaddy purple clones 4 weeks into veg 18/6 , Im starting the flowering tonight 12/12.Im transplanting them into 3 liter bottles,im trying that out to see how it goes.I expect them to do fine but time will tell.This is only my second indoor grow.I have lots of experience with growing outside, Indoor is a whole new world to me.The best thing u can do is learn as u grow and learn from your mistakes.

CIMG2130.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/CIMG2130.JPG

What strain/strains will u be growing ? I prefer indica because its more of a deeper body high. Very relaxing. The pic I posted was from my first indoor grow. Here is what I got going now.11 Granddaddy purple clones 4 weeks into veg 18/6 , Im starting the flowering tonight 12/12.Im transplanting them into 3 liter bottles,im trying that out to see how it goes.I expect them to do fine but time will tell.This is only my second indoor grow.I have lots of experience with growing outside, Indoor is a whole new world to me.The best thing u can do is learn as u grow and learn from your mistakes.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/CIMG2130.JPG

thanks everyone!

I'm going to grow some type of Indica....see my short list in the first post. Eventually, due to my nature, I want to grow interesting/high class stuff. A friend grows Jack Herrer amazingly well. His surplus donations are much sought after. I like that.

Welcome doc!

I live in California also, and I'm a legal medical marijuana user and grower.

Even so, the feds don't honor our state laws, so it's good to be discreet about personal info when you're posting.

Hopefully, the day nears when we can speak freely, but IMO I don't think today is that day.

your mileage may vary
batteries not included
may contain traces of nuts

;)

I doubt anyone will be interested in this part of the journal....I'll update as things get going, as I install and dial in equipment....especially when I actually have babies in pots.

Actually, a lot of us are interested in grow room setup and equipment. It has a *lot* to do with successful grows and it gives us an opportunity to exchange ideas on efficiency, stealth, etc.

I'm excited for you! Setting up a grow room in anticipation of producing good meds can be a very energizing thing.

Welcome Doc... you have a great set-up already and it sounds like you have done some homework which will no doubt equal ...success!!

Good to have you with us!!

Getting closer.....

Today I intalled a 12000 BTU AC/dehumidifier. The temp hit a high today of 99....and inside my grow room it was 74 with 39% humidity. That's without lights, plants, watering, etc.

Also, that's with the AC cycling on and off, I'm sure I could have gotten the room even cooler if needed.

Tomorrow, I'll intall the 8" 845cfm exahust fan, with the big-ass carbon filter, and the weaker 8" CAN fan with the HEPA filter for intake.

These will run for a couple minutes twice a day, unless the RH get's out of control, in which case they will kick on again.

My BCNL Producer should come in about 10 days, and by next month I'll get my tent, 1000watt lights and hempy buckets going.

So, hopefully, I'll have some clones or seeds going in 2 weeks!

Again, the room is 9x7, with an 8 foot ceiling. I'm trying to set up a State of the Art grow room. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

This thread will be boring until I get some actual plants going.....working on it.

Busy day today:

First of all, we reached 98 degrees. During that time, I went out to the grow room and found this:

IMG_04573.JPG

I reckon the humidity will go up a bit with plants and moisture and all.....and I can keep the temps lower by turning the air on a little more. So, it looks like I'm going to have a near perfect grow room.

Today I installed vent and exhast ducts, tomorrow I will hook up fans and the charcoal filter. I'll get the HEPA filter for the intake on Tuesday.

Then, I'll get some clones and some seeds, with my grow box arriving around the 15th.

By next month I'll have the grow tent set up running as well. It's my first grow, and I'm going to do it up right. Thankfully, I'm also going to have some help!

IMG_04604.JPG

IMG_04583.JPG

IMG_04592.JPG

Very nice set up and i agree with the others. Thats a big grow to be getting word out about. You have a great job from the sounds of it and i wouldnt want to see something bad happen.

You have a great set up also, i think that alot of people like myself feel that you have one hell of a great journal to come!

Once again i must say.... money may be able to buy happyness!

What are you going to be using for growing? Hydo...soil...and how much are you hoping to yeild out of the first grow? Im in! :popcorn:

P.S. A good HYDO garden is not only good for great yeilds but the cleanest of marijuana...I trust you will be telling us whats going on soon with out help. You seemed to have polished up nicly on your smarts on how to set up the room. Othere then feeding those plants are good to go!

Very nice set up and i agree with the others. Thats a big grow to be getting word out about. You have a great job from the sounds of it and i wouldnt want to see something bad happen.

You have a great set up also, i think that alot of people like myself feel that you have one hell of a great journal to come!

Once again i must say.... money may be able to buy happyness!

What are you going to be using for growing? Hydo...soil...and how much are you hoping to yeild out of the first grow? Im in! :popcorn:

P.S. A good HYDO garden is not only good for great yeilds but the cleanest of marijuana...I trust you will be telling us whats going on soon with out help. You seemed to have polished up nicly on your smarts on how to set up the room. Othere then feeding those plants are good to go!
!

Thanks for the replies!

Here's how the grow is intended to progress:

I'll put 15 or so clones in the BCNL Producer, and follow directions to a "T."
I'm leaning towards growing MK Ultra OG Kush X G13, because it's good stuff, and is a short plant, that is pretty hardy. I have other choices as well, not positive yet, but I'll be making a decision this coming week.

When I get my tent set up, I'm going to try Jack Herrer, but I might also try Chronic's Revenge. In the tent, I'll be trying out the Hempy Bucket method 10-12 to start.

The tent's gonna have an AC reflector, 1000 watt dimmable MH/HPS. I'll also be running C02 with everything plugged in to an enviromental controler.

I'm gonna hand mix nutes, PH test and water the girls by hand in the tent. I'll veg them and flower them in the same space for my first couple grows, then re-evaluate how to best utilize my resources.

Are there any suggestions about:

1.)strains
2.)set up
3.)anything else?

Also, how is "word getting out" about this grow. Isn't this site confidential? I mean, I see all sorts of pics from all sorts of people here.....did I do something wrong?

I've been waiting for someone to grow some Jack Herer!!!

very nice setup dude, that grow room looks like its going to work out really well for you. environment is one of the most important parts of a grow, and you have hit that nail on the head. I expect to see some juicy fat buds from your way in the next couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom