My First Grow - Pure Power Plant on Soil

Day 51 (day 29 of flowering)

Day_51_4_.JPG

Day_51_2_.JPG

I would water your plant with pH adjusted water and measure the pH of the first run off. that will give you the most accurate reading for your soil pH and determine if you need to flush your soil mixture. if you find your pH is less then ideal i would flush your soil mixture with twice the volume as the size of your pots with pH adjusted water. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

I grow organic, I use plagron batmix and fertilize with batguano for flower. I find flushing unnecessary as I don't feed for the last 2 weeks. If you water until it leaks out the bottom and the water looks cleanish then theres no need. If the runoff is really brown and nasty then I would recommend a flush until a nice colour runoff comes out. Flushing is more for the chemical growers as organic nutrients enhance the aroma and flavour of the buds. As I said, I don't feel the need to flush as my buds always taste great and are very potent. Best option is to try one grow with a flush and one grow without and see what you prefer, as everyone has their own opinion on the merits of flushing. Good Luck with the harvest. They look great:)

thanks both of you for the answers :thanks:
at the moment i don't have any ph meter so i'll try the dutch dragon's method.
@Dutch dragons: why don't you feed them for the last 2 weeks?

Looks like an awesome grow mate. I have a couple of questions if you could . What size tent you use ? What temps you getting / what is your ventilation system ? Im just starting almost same set up and need a certain yield in a certain time frame and A grade quality so im watching your grow closely. Plants look great in pics and growth rate seems at a max . Good job . I can tell/see that you love them.

- grow box size: 90x90x160cm
- average temps with lights on: 26° in veg, 33/34° in flowering (a little too high i think)
- ventilation system: axial exctractor 205m3/h and a little axial fan

If you mean can you do another grow in it yes. Itll need washing to get rid of the salts from the last grow and the roots will need to be removed and the soil must then be amended ready for the next run. You will risk diseases left behind from the last grow. New soil is probably the cheapest and safest option. If you mean reuse it for a different sort of plant then yes, I do it all the time, I grow monster veg in my waste soil:)

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom