My first grow room setup

bigloonie412

Hey guys! I am new here so sorry if I didn't post in the good section :/

I am a beginner at growing weed so I lurked around on the internet and found this forum which seems to have alot of helpful resources :) I am germinating my seeds right now as I speak and I just finished building my Grow Box. It's made out of 1/2 Plywood sheets. The dimensions are 2' large by 4' long by 4' height. I'm gonna be growing 2 plants. I'm gonna go around shopping this week and look for either Mylar or Emergency Blankets. I know most people will recommend Mylar over blankets but for the price of blankets you can't really look down on it especially for 2 plants. My other concern is light/lumens. I will be growing with CFL's and no HPS lights or anything big. I know about the 6500k and 2700k things and night/day cycles. I heard I should have about 5k lumens per plant? I am not sure. I would probably put 3 23W CFLs on top and 2 on each sizes. This would be close to 10k lumens total.

If you guys could tell me if blankets would be good and how I should do my light setup. Idk if I can get Mylar over here.. and I don't wanna use white paint.

Note: My box isn't 100% done yet, I still need to install my fan and create new holes for ventilation. Its the seeds germinating in a plate under the towel and the top of the box can be opened fully.(the log is the handle LOL).

Thanks in advance!!

IMG_048823.JPG
IMG_048720.JPG

Hello and Welcome to 420
I'd suggest that you use whatever you can get for now. Not everyone can afford to run out and buy the latest and greatest equipment, some of this takes time to gather. I think the blankets will work almost as well as white paint at least. I don't use CFL's except for side lighting so I can't help much there.

Hello and Welcome to 420
I'd suggest that you use whatever you can get for now. Not everyone can afford to run out and buy the latest and greatest equipment, some of this takes time to gather. I think the blankets will work almost as well as white paint at least. I don't use CFL's except for side lighting so I can't help much there.

Thanks! I'm not gonna use blankets for walls though. The blanket is only to protect my germinating seeds from drying off the heat that the bulb makes. I'm also covering the plates so they have no light. But thanks anyways :)

Good to see you posting on 420mag. I agree with Mike on using what you got to get started. I am using my daughters cfl light to add just a little more light for my plants in the corner lol. Until I get some more T5 lights. Keep on growing. Wish you the best.

Back
Top Bottom