My first grow room!

comedian

So I've been researching like crazy on how to build the best FIRST grow room possible, but it seems like there are some pretty advanced stuff to consider: ventilation, Co2 levels, and humidity! I was wondering if these things are a MUST have for a first grow, or are these actually more advanced ways to grow!?

IF they are a must have, does anyone have a complete list of what materials I'll be needing to build this stuff!? I'm mainly concerned about the ventilation system! I only ask because, as mentioned, building this stuff seems a little advanced for me! I didn't know that I'd have to go cutting holes in the house, lol!

Any advice you guys may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

for the first time I would prob suggest just taking it easy . Have a closed off area or a wardrobe and try some experimenting . Introducing way too many factors , and not understanding it all would be a major pita if you ask me . Just keep it where your comfortable , and what you figure you want to deal with , and spend money on . It can become an expensive hobby if you let it

Here's step one, buy this thing from a store (around$10):
shopping4.jpg

Then test the regular temps and humidity of the area you will be growing in/around. You will get a feel for the temps and humidity after a week or two. Report back with those values and we can go from there. Ideally, minimum temps will be 65F and max of 85F. Humidity max should be 60% for veg and 40-50% for flower, minimum of 30% overall probably.

Your biggest investment comes from keeping your environment in check, a good environment is key.

You're going to want 2 fans for ventilation and for your filter, plus one for air movement inside the room. How many plants you want determines your room size, are you going to do a perpetual or just one room for veg/flower?

Don't worry about co2 yet but humidity is key in veg, keeps plants happy.

A PH meter should be the first item on your list. I'd buy that before a thermometer or hygrometer to be honest.

If you run into problems, the first thing you need to know to get help is your PH.. Soil, water, nutes and/or runoff.

Digital meters are the best to use, and most accurate.

Idk, i dont think you need a meter unless your running hydro, if you have a good soil mix it will balance the ph for you. Its been going on for years in the world why switch it when you go indoors?

I would buy an RO unit before a nice Ph Meter

Idk, i dont think you need a meter unless your running hydro, if you have a good soil mix it will balance the ph for you. Its been going on for years in the world why switch it when you go indoors?

I would buy an RO unit before a nice Ph Meter

I disagree. When he runs into a problem.. not 'if', but when... because it always tends to happen, one of the first questions people will ask is what his PH is.

How do you know if you have a good soil mix if you haven't checked the PH?
How do you know what the PH is of the water you're using?
How do you know how nutrients changes the PH of your water?
How do you know if it's a deficiency or lockout?

In my opinion, RO is completely optional, and a good PH meter is mandatory.

I've been growing in soil for some time now, have two PH meters, and have stopped using them as the PH simply doesn't change. if I see anything on the leaves, it will be the first thing I check, but it's not exactly accurate to assert that issues are inevitable as they can be avoided using good growing practices. PH does seem to be a much bigger concern for hydro growers, in general :peace:

Back
Top Bottom