My First Grow - Seven Lovely Ladies With SCROG

BornTo420

Here are some answers to the question I grabed from the guide lines: Will upload a gallery and post URL soon. Thanks for your views and comments.

10152011_0030_web.jpg

10132011_0011_web_text.jpg

What strain is it? ANSWER: I have no clue; I stored seeds about 18 months ago in a sealed container in a cool dark place. I got bored and decided to try my very first grow. I screwed up and germinated way too many seeds at first as I wish I kept them as it looks like a nice plant so far.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ANSWER: Unknown, have no clue what type of high I got from the original herb. Maybe some can offer ideas based on the leaves in my gallery.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? ANSWER: At this time 10/22/11 we are 19 days into flowering, with lights running 12/12. Just decided to show my results to this website and will be updating the history and images soon. Made MANY, MANY mistakes on my VERY FIRST grow. SO a little slack will be appreciated from everyone. I am a 49 year old rookie. Smoking since 1976, I was 14. I will say I learned that it is best to...GO TO THE INTERNET and READ...a great source and place to get ideas...

If in Veg... For how long? I really screwed up here and stated off with 2700k bulbs during the initial vegetation. Started seedling the first week in August, 2011. Used 2-65 watt cfls 2700k and on 8/10 added a 2 foot 2 bulb tube light with 20 watt cool white bulbs. 14 days in I added a 150 watt cfl again in 2700k spectrum and removed the two small 65 watts, leaving the 2 foot tube fixture. I veged till 25 days in and repotted to a one gallon container and moved to a closet 24 x 22 x 36 inches tall space. I used miracle grow potting soil and did not put in any rocks at the bottom. Another mistake I read on the internet. I took and planted 2 to 4 plants per pot. I figured some would be lost in transplant and the strong will survive. I lost three and most hade 2 or three plants in six pots. I ended up with 11 plants in six pots. I figured out 25 days after this move I had wrong bulbs and on 9/19/2011 replaced bulb with two 125 watt cal and light fixture. I then went two weeks 18-6 and went to flowering cycle on 10/3/2011. I SWITCHED BULBS TO 2 125 WATT CFL 2700K.

If in Flower stage... For /how long? ANSWER: Started flowering 12/12 cycle on 10/3/2011. Two 125 watt 2700k CFL's

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor closet with ac duct to help with heat.

Soil or Hydro? ANSWER: soil

If soil... what is in your mix? ANSWER: Miracle grow potting soil.

If soil... What size pot? ANSWER: 1 gallon

Size of light? ANSWER: 2- 125 watt CFL 2700k

Is it aircooled? ANSWER: yes via small fan

Temp of Room/cab? ANSWER: varies as I live in Deep South on the east coast of Florida. With light I get as high as 90 degrees. with the house ac set at 76 degrees. I come home and open curtain and temp stays at 83 degrees. Plan to add a couple CPU fans. I have a 9 cubic foot grow space.

RH of Room/cab? ANSWER: stays at 40 to 50
PH of media or res? ANSWER: Need to check...
Any Pests ? ANSWER: NO
How often are you watering? ANSWER: Was giving it 24 to 32 ounces of miracle grow with 1/4 teaspoon of super thrive during first three weeks of veg. Then deleted miracle grow and went with a 5-1-1 fish nutrient and super thrive.

Type and strength of ferts used? ANSWER: I went with straight water during first week of flower and went with Bontanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom 1-4-5 at 7.5 mill per gallon.

HERE IS DAY 19 OF Flowering
Day_196.JPG

Bucket Size - 1 gallon
Medium - Miracal grow potting soil
Lights - (2) 125 watt cfl's 2700k
Nutrients - Fish emulsion and supper thrive for veg. and Pro bloom and super thrive during flowering
Strain(s) -UNKNOWN. Need help determining this.
# of Plants: Ended up with SEVEN (7) LADIES...one pot were all males and was cut.

Yield : Can’t wait to tell you. Plan to be very patient and take the first plants with a 10% amber change. The second I see a color change I will flush soil and stop watering for 4 to 7 days and when plants start to drop. Plan to set lights to a 48 hour ALL dark period. I plan water with an all natural flavor. I have a flavour that's never been done before and I look forward to making a cool tasting herb. After sitting two days in dark I will turn lights back on, water with my special juice and let it soak up for 6 to 12 hours and then cut them. That’s my plan so far.

Re: My first grow, I have SEVEN (7) lovely ladies with SCROG

Hi BT420 nice to have you here looks like she is mainly Sativa from the leaves would be good to see a full pic of one of the girls. If I'm correct in guessing Sativa think you have the 10% Amber's bang on I might even cut a little earlier 5% all depends on bud formation! Good luck with the rest of flower and I wish u super size buds dense buds at the end. I will be dropping in :peace:

Re: My first grow, I have SEVEN (7) lovely ladies with SCROG

Here are some answers to the question I grabed from the guide lines: Will upload a gallery and post URL soon. Thanks for your views and comments.

10152011_0030_web.jpg

10132011_0011_web_text.jpg

What strain is it? ANSWER: I have no clue; I stored seeds about 18 months ago in a sealed container in a cool dark place. I got bored and decided to try my very first grow. I screwed up and germinated way too many seeds at first as I wish I kept them as it looks like a nice plant so far.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ANSWER: Unknown, have no clue what type of high I got from the original herb. Maybe some can offer ideas based on the leaves in my gallery.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? ANSWER: At this time 10/22/11 we are 19 days into flowering, with lights running 12/12. Just decided to show my results to this website and will be updating the history and images soon. Made MANY, MANY mistakes on my VERY FIRST grow. SO a little slack will be appreciated from everyone. I am a 49 year old rookie. Smoking since 1976, I was 14. I will say I learned that it is best to...GO TO THE INTERNET and READ...a great source and place to get ideas...

If in Veg... For how long? I really screwed up here and stated off with 2700k bulbs during the initial vegetation. Started seedling the first week in August, 2011. Used 2-65 watt cfls 2700k and on 8/10 added a 2 foot 2 bulb tube light with 20 watt cool white bulbs. 14 days in I added a 150 watt cfl again in 2700k spectrum and removed the two small 65 watts, leaving the 2 foot tube fixture. I veged till 25 days in and repotted to a one gallon container and moved to a closet 24 x 22 x 36 inches tall space. I used miracle grow potting soil and did not put in any rocks at the bottom. Another mistake I read on the internet. I took and planted 2 to 4 plants per pot. I figured some would be lost in transplant and the strong will survive. I lost three and most hade 2 or three plants in six pots. I ended up with 11 plants in six pots. I figured out 25 days after this move I had wrong bulbs and on 9/19/2011 replaced bulb with two 125 watt cal and light fixture. I then went two weeks 18-6 and went to flowering cycle on 10/3/2011. I SWITCHED BULBS TO 2 125 WATT CFL 2700K.

If in Flower stage... For /how long? ANSWER: Started flowering 12/12 cycle on 10/3/2011. Two 125 watt 2700k CFL's

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor closet with ac duct to help with heat.

Soil or Hydro? ANSWER: soil

If soil... what is in your mix? ANSWER: Miracle grow potting soil.

If soil... What size pot? ANSWER: 1 gallon

Size of light? ANSWER: 2- 125 watt CFL 2700k

Is it aircooled? ANSWER: yes via small fan

Temp of Room/cab? ANSWER: varies as I live in Deep South on the east coast of Florida. With light I get as high as 90 degrees. with the house ac set at 76 degrees. I come home and open curtain and temp stays at 83 degrees. Plan to add a couple CPU fans. I have a 9 cubic foot grow space.

RH of Room/cab? ANSWER: stays at 40 to 50
PH of media or res? ANSWER: Need to check...
Any Pests ? ANSWER: NO
How often are you watering? ANSWER: Was giving it 24 to 32 ounces of miracle grow with 1/4 teaspoon of super thrive during first three weeks of veg. Then deleted miracle grow and went with a 5-1-1 fish nutrient and super thrive.

Type and strength of ferts used? ANSWER: I went with straight water during first week of flower and went with Bontanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom 1-4-5 at 7.5 mill per gallon.

HERE IS DAY 19 OF Flowering
Day_196.JPG

Bucket Size - 1 gallon
Medium - Miracal grow potting soil
Lights - (2) 125 watt cfl's 2700k
Nutrients - Fish emulsion and supper thrive for veg. and Pro bloom and super thrive during flowering
Strain(s) -UNKNOWN. Need help determining this.
# of Plants: Ended up with SEVEN (7) LADIES...one pot were all males and was cut.

Yield : Can't wait to tell you. Plan to be very patient and take the first plants with a 10% amber change. The second I see a color change I will flush soil and stop watering for 4 to 7 days and when plants start to drop. Plan to set lights to a 48 hour ALL dark period. I plan water with an all natural flavor. I have a flavour that's never been done before and I look forward to making a cool tasting herb. After sitting two days in dark I will turn lights back on, water with my special juice and let it soak up for 6 to 12 hours and then cut them. That's my plan so far.

Day 23 of flowering. A lot of under growth with lots of cola's.
MIA_5771.JPG
MIA_5770.JPG

MIA_5769.JPG
MIA_5760.JPG
MIA_5759.JPG
MIA_5758.JPG
MIA_5757.JPG
MIA_5756.JPG
MIA_5755.JPG

For one I wish I could figure out what tab to click to update my journal..Can anyone help? Do I scroll to bottom to add an update, or hit reply when the page loads?

So I am KILLING my ladies.....Just left the store and got a PPM reading of the water sample I brought. Tested 3300 PPM!!!!!! I got bum info from an x employee and this is why the one plant is showing the leave burn. Funny is only one plant is showing the nutrient burn. So I bought a PPM meter and flushed 2.5 gallons of water threw each container and the water test 250-300 PPM run off... I plan to give them straight water till next week and then a 750 PPM drink. I wonder if this is the reason for the small cola's? I thought is was to the LST and SCROG.

Added a nice 6" inline fan and got ride of the homemade design exhaust. going to add a Y connection and build a DRY box with screen shelves and hanging clips. Plan to drill holes in the top with light baffle and a 4" exhaust connection located in the bottom to draw the air threw the box to dry buds...

I also bought a few feet of 100% light block plastic and added a Clone and Vegetation section on the top shelf of my grow closet. SEE VIDEO link

Going to see if I can re-veg the ladies and make some mothers from my first grow. Placed them is a dome under 24/7 light.

Cant wait to start my second grow and attempt it without sooooo many ROOKIE mistakes.

Will add video link here once it finishes uploading....

Hey born what's good?..well the sea looks awesome.....are you sure you have enough light?.....and that water!....I'm glad you got it fixed.....nice work on the girls..:hippy:

Ok here is day 32 of flowering. Looks good considering all they have been threw.

Just read a post about stress causing a female to become a HERMIE. Hopefully I can sweet talk them into stay a LADY. Going to work on modifying the install of the exhaust and make a sound proof box to enclose the motor.

Also going to build a plastic shield to cover the flowering plants and allow me to work during the day to build dry box, and maintain the clones and eventually mothers.

Day 40 of flowering video here

Very happy with the new fan set up and electrical change.

Product info: I have been using a product called TRIPP*LITE isobar Premium Surge Suppressor for ALL my camera's computers and never had a failure. It comes with a 100,000 plus replacement warranty. So I insulated one to power just my flowering lights and the other is for powering the small fan blowing over the plants and powers the two inline fans along with the 2 foot tubes running 24-7 overhead in my cloning, vegetation section.

I also bought a watt meter and can simply plug in the end of the isobar and calculate the exact cost the lights are consuming and then plug in the other and calculate the cost to runs fans 24-7...

Back
Top Bottom