My first grow white widow

klep420

this is my 1st try on growing... plants are 5 days old under 3 68watt at 4200 lumens a piece and a 100 watt at 1600 lumens. which is like 13000 lumens. is that good to veg. 9 plants i got started? welcome all input! I ordered a digital ballast and 400 watt HPS hortlux bub, plants are in 16oz plastic cups and are looking pretty good ( ill post pix)stems are purple tho.. is that a problem? i used 70% orchid soil mix 30% perlite.. was just using plan water, but buoght all these nuts..so i gave them some sea weed extract. mixed 3 tbl spoons to a gallon of water.. ph in water is 7, but only gave each plant 1 and a half ml. didnt want to over feed them. Is sea weed extract and rhizotonic the same stuff? I started spraying them , 15ml to a gallon. lightly sprayed on the leafs. i also bought cannazym,PK13/14, and terra flores. Not to sure when to add and how much? and how often? Im sick of paying 400 dollars an o, so i thought i would give it a try myself. crossing my fingering.. seen some nice 1st grows on here. Hope mine is half as nice:)

It would really help to have pics of the plants. What kind of water is plain water? Tap water? Unfortunately, I haven't used any of the things you are using except for the 400 watt HPS. What light schedule are you on? See if you can bring the ph down to about 6.5. Hope this helps! Get some pics up for us! Pleeease! ;-)

i bought bottle water, they have 24/7 lights, i got these crazy ass cfls that i aint seen anyone have on here.. kinda worried that they aint the good ones. 68w/=300w its a big ass bulb, would they grow faster if i got a 400MH bulb? do you mean the ph in water i am giving them or ph in soil...im gonna take some pics now, gotta warn you tho..aint no computer geek, not sure ill be able to figure out how to post them:) LMAO

PIC_0732.JPG

Looks like ya got it! YAY! They seem to be doin ok. Are they always kinda droopy? How much are you watering them? I would suggest you get distilled water or try using tap water that has sat overnight. Bottle water isn't good enough. Start adding nutes 1/4 strength after 2 weeks. I used 1/4 strength for a week and then up it to 1/2 for the next few days and then 3/4 for the rest of the week. Then you should be able to go full for the next week. Every strain is different, so pay attention to you babies. They'll letcha know what's up. ;-) Not too sure about your lighting. LOL! I don't have much experience with that.

Hey there.Lookin good!I'd like to know where to get cfl's like that.They don't have that wattage around here,well,at walmart anyway.I can only get the 100 watt equivalent.
:peace:

thanks Ms.Fox and Minus, Yeah, leaves are always like that, i give them 100ml every 2 or 3 days. Is that too much? If i use my tap water after a day, ph is over 7.My temp is 82F and 32H. I wont water them for a few days. Oh Minus, got them at Home Depot, Didnt have too many. Do you think i have enough light for them? thanks for the good words:)

Looks like you got plenty of good nutes there. From what I'm reading, the Terra Flores is for vegging and PK 13/14 is for flowering. The other two are root stimulator and micro-nute supplements. You should be able to find a feeding schedule from that company. Once a week or every other watering is kinda the norm. What's NPK of the seaweed?

Wattage on CFLs is calculated based on actual watts so it looks like you have around 230 watts total there. 9 plants seems like a lot, unless you're not going very large. How big are you planning on going?

Harry

0.10-0.10-1.5 is the NPK on the sea weed, i actully only have 7 plants now, can you see all the pics i posted? i dont think you can see the first 4? and i am kinda confused on the CFLs. I thought it went by lumens? it says each one of them big CFLs is 4200 lumens, or dont that really matter. I appreciate you helping me, i was wondering about that.

I'm certainly no expert on CFLs but the actual wattage is key number. CFLs don't have the same penetrating power as HID lamps so you have to keep them closer. The 400watt HID you mentioned will really make a difference, especially during flowering. It will produce a good bit of heat though. I grow 4 plants under a 600w and I can get 3-4 oz off each plant. I'm growing 'em 4' tall though.

For me, it's better to grow a few larger plants than lots of little ones but I guess it just depends on your room setup and what you're going for.

Harry

Oh, actually it says they are 300 watts but are like running on 68. I am pretty sure thats how that goes. look at the pic of the box. i posted it. But not a 100% sure thats how that goes maybe someone else would know

Oh, actually it says they are 300 watts but are like running on 68. I am pretty sure thats how that goes. look at the pic of the box. i posted it. But not a 100% sure thats how that goes maybe someone else would know

Well, that much I am certain about. The equivalent wattage doesn't mean much in terms of growing calculations. It will take 400 actual watts of CFL (not equivalent) to equal a 400w HID and even then, you won't have the penetrating power. 400 actual watts of CFL is a lot of light though. I have a friend who vegged 12 plants to 12-13 inches under six 4' 40watt CFL tubes (bright white spectrum shop lights) and it worked fine. He kept them 2-4 inches from the top of plants.

I use a phototon with 3 40watt (actual) curved tubes and a 30 watt (actual) hanging CFL and it does great for clones, seedlings and initial vegging. I move to a 400w MH for the final stages of vegging, then under a 600w HPS for flowering.

Harry

Ok, i havent watered my plants in 3 days and they are looking better. The first set of leaves have brown spots on them, but the new growth doesnt. think i am gonna water them tonite. My friend gave me a seed from some good bud he had, the leaves on it look totally different. it has longer skinny leaves. Ill post pics if anyone needs to see, kinda waitin till Friday till my HM/HPS set up comes, got some fox farm soil and trio nutes. Hopefully it will make a diff.

Skinny leaves means Sativa dominance.

Update, finally got my 400 watt set up, digital MH/HPS. Came wit a 400 watt HPS eye hortilux that works great, but my plants are 2 weeks old and still in veg. so i went to home depot to get a MH bulb, but the damn thing wont still on for more than like 10 seconds. thought it was just the bulb, so i took it back and still didnt work. Anyone know why it dont work? and is it bad to have them under the HPS in the veg state?

Back
Top Bottom