CMac420

I am a first time grower looking to add some variety and cut costs on my medicine. I will be growing Bubblicious and AK-48 auto-flower strains.
First off this will be a closet grow. The closet is 2.5ftx3ftx8ft high. I have painted the entire closet including the floor with kills primer (supposedly very reflective and has the added bonus of killing and sealing up mold). I have a 300w Viparspectra grow light. Last minute I decided to add two 20w CFL lights on the left and right sides of the closet just above the pots. I know this is not much, but my hope is that it will add some light to the bottom of the plants and leaves. For ventilation I have cut a hole from the ceiling into the attic, and attached and sealed a fan to the ceiling (a little ghetto maybe but it sucks a ton of air into the attic and from under the door). With the 300w LED I think I will be safe for temperature with this ventilation system. For fertilizer I have jones organic, all purpose to start, then a vegetable blend after that. For the flowering stage I will be using miracle grow rose food. I have researched ingredients and each seem to be the best option for the various stages of cannabis growth. I have nothing in place to adjust humidity. I hope that adding a clear plastic cup over the seedlings is enough. This is my first grow and I plan on improving my method and setup over time.

Hi CMac420! Did I hear my name mentioned? lol Sounds like you have a good plan started. You are right on from the flat white paint to a real grow light. Sounds like ventilation won't be a problem. I would reconsider the MiracleGro stuff personally. Nutes geared toward cannabis is a small investment that will have great returns over using the MG. My $0.02

Unless you live in a very dry environment, seedlings should do just fine without a cup over them. Don't get the light too close to them too soon and don't over-water and you will grow budz!

Upload pics to your Gallery and link them here in your post.

Hello CMac. :welcome:

I do not know enough about your soil or fertilizer to give any good or bad comment. What I can tell you is that a seedling doesn't need anything fancy. Sometimes having a soil that has too much nutrients (hot soil) can burn your small seedlings. Also, don't use any ferts yet. Be chill with the soil, don't put a cup over the seedlings, and give them fresh air. I am sure your light can grow weed so thats not really a issue. Read up on nutes, soil, etc...

EDIT : Ghetto was faster on the trigger than I. Fly fingers fly!!

I think you will hear the same about MG as GhettoGro has stated above. I am using Dr. Earth, others have also had good success with it. It's $2/lb or so and organic. This grow, I am going to use Hyr Brix fruit and berry for flowering. If you have a local distributor, you can get it for under $1 per pound. I would suggest Ph the water going in to the plants and checking runoff as well

CMac, when you reply or start a thread there is a button in the lower left corner of your text box that says "My Photos". Click on this and a new tab will pull up all of your photos that have been uploaded. Click on any pictures to post them to your thread.

Now I don't know if it's your phone/camera, or some kind of software, but the resolution of your photos is low and grainy. Check some of your settings on your device, make sure highest resolution is set.

Hi CMac420 and :welcome:

I hope that adding a clear plastic cup over the seedlings is enough.

I would advise against it. There's no need to cover the seedlings with anything. That's what people do with clones because of their inability to absorb water in the very beginning, but for seedlings that's not necessary. Give them light, air and a gentle breeze from the start, to harden the stems.

UPDATE:
Thanks again for all the replys. Seems like this is an active community look forward to sharing my progress.
I have removed the plastic cups as of last night thanks to some of your suggestions. After doing some research I have decided to forego all added nutrients for this grow. The reason being is that the soil I bought (jolly gardener all purpose soil) has nutrients in it already. Also this will give me a good baseline for future grows.
I see that the two Bubblicious seeds have both barely breached the surface and the AK is still MIA
I am planning on doing some LST with twist ties and wire. I know most people say to not top autos, but I have read some success stories of people topping the first top to give more to work with for the LST. Any advice on this? If I try it I will only be trying on one of the Bubblicious plants.
The pictures I have uploaded are HDR but for some reason they are stretched in the gallery, unless you open them individually. I am taking photos on an iPhone 6. I will use some of your suggestions and fix that later when I have more time.

I am planning on doing some LST with twist ties and wire. I know most people say to not top autos, but I have read some success stories of people topping the first top to give more to work with for the LST. Any advice on this? If I try it I will only be trying on one of the Bubblicious plants.

Hey man, if you have some kind of idea or plan just follow it. Try both! At least it saves you future runs if you find out from the beginning that a certain method was not legit. I did that with my last grow. I left one plant alone and I topped the other, just to find out for myself how these plants develop. I had success in that budz grew and I have good smoke. The flaw was the amount of my finished product. I want some more please! My current run will have more training and I am going to top mine utilizing a better plan.

I am not an expert, but I feel that my philosophy is groovy. Play around to find out all you can, and have fun partner!

Hey guys, Plants look like they are doing well. Posting from my Surface gives me some more posting options so ill continue to use this. Here are some pics
WIN_20160910_12_03_32_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160910_12_04_08_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160910_12_03_55_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160910_12_04_27_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160910_12_07_13_Pro.jpg

Subbed .. Nice setup .. You should be pleased with the .. Let me guess .. Vipar light .. I've got a similar setup .. 300 watt Vipar and four 40 watt cfls on two plants .. I'm with you to the finish line .. Never exhale

Sent from my LG-V410 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi CMac420, i'm new around here to i will follow your journal along and watch your plants grow.

I'm interested in seeing how you do.. Good luck

Also new here, and started my first ever grow! Interested in following yours as a comparison
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom