Hi Nu2grow! You have a lots of good input so far here. I also live in the SE US (Bible-Belt) where growing one plant is the same felony manufacturing charge as cooking meth. I know, it sucks. I have been able to find the ProMix at local nurseries in my area in the past and I just add worm casting and extra perlite. Within the last year we have had two hydro shops open up in my town. They carry the FF Ocean Forrest for $17.95 a bag and I have had good success using it, but the Promix is much cheaper at $50 for a 3.8cf bail. Google search for nurseries/Hydro shops near you.

My main advice would be to DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON A LIGHT. I have seen many people on here panicking when the cheap chinese LED light died after only months of use. Check around the forum and see what people are happy with. I would rather spent $300+ on a light that has been proven dependable in grows here on the forum than a $99 light that no one is familiar with.

Good luck with the grow neighbor! You have come to the right place. Lots of knowledge and generous people here to help.

:peace:

That Galaxyhydro is a steal...
So it said click to see the newer version, I'm gunna look into it a little more but I might grab this being as the sale price is fucking ridiculous
I might have to see if they have any of the higher wattage galaxyhydros heard a lot of good things about them, maybe if they have a higher wattage one on sale as well I'll get one

Hi Nu2grow! You have a lots of good input so far here. I also live in the SE US (Bible-Belt) where growing one plant is the same felony manufacturing charge as cooking meth. I know, it sucks. I have been able to find the ProMix at local nurseries in my area in the past and I just add worm casting and extra perlite. Within the last year we have had two hydro shops open up in my town. They carry the FF Ocean Forrest for $17.95 a bag and I have had good success using it, but the Promix is much cheaper at $50 for a 3.8cf bail. Google search for nurseries/Hydro shops near you.

My main advice would be to DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON A LIGHT. I have seen many people on here panicking when the cheap chinese LED light died after only months of use. Check around the forum and see what people are happy with. I would rather spent $300+ on a light that has been proven dependable in grows here on the forum than a $99 light that no one is familiar with.

Good luck with the grow neighbor! You have come to the right place. Lots of knowledge and generous people here to help.

:peace:
Dude, 1 plant is same a cooking meth? Ridiculous

It's the way drugs are scheduled in "Talibama". MJ is classified same as heroin and meth. Even Cocaine is on a lower schedule than weed. Yeah, WTF?

Afterall our new AG in Washington (Sessions from AL) recently stated that, "Marijuana is only slightly MORE dangerous than heroin".

SMDH...

I might have to see if they have any of the higher wattage galaxyhydros heard a lot of good things about them, maybe if they have a higher wattage one on sale as well I'll get one

I have a 600w GH and love it, runs about $150/160

Another thing to do when shopping for lights (LED's) is watch the better companies products. Sometimes they'll introduce a new feature like Daisy Chain sockets and they'll drop the price of the "old" ones. Sometimes you can snag a great deal. Daisy Chainability is nice and all but half off is nicer, lol.

Another thing to do when shopping for lights (LED's) is watch the better companies products. Sometimes they'll introduce a new feature like Daisy Chain sockets and they'll drop the price of the "old" ones. Sometimes you can snag a great deal. Daisy Chainability is nice and all but half off is nicer, lol.
Most definitely, I don't need no mutha fuckin bitch ass Daisy chain to hang my light

What you have now should be adequate for the next week or so, but you are going to have to upgrade to some more serious lighting soon, I would recommend at least a 4' 4 fixture (8 fixture would be better) T5 light with the proper bulbs for veg & flower or 600 watts of full spectrum LED (1200 watts would be ideal) for the best yield.

I am running 2 plants in coco coir and 4 in a DIY RDWC system that were 3 weeks old (since first popped out of the rooters) this Tuesday and they are very happy and showing lots of daily growth...If I can figure out how to up load a photo here I will give you a idea of how I am doing my grow...I haven't done one since the early 80's and never indoors, so I am just as new to this as you are!

Hey OldT, to upload a pic just hit the + on the bottom left corner and the you will see a camera symbol and next to that is a mountain like symbol. Click on that and you can upload a photo! Hope this helps...✌️

Hey OldT, to upload a pic just hit the + on the bottom left corner and the you will see a camera symbol and next to that is a mountain like symbol. Click on that and you can upload a photo! Hope this helps...✌️

I did figure it out, its not to bad, so here they are...

Coco coir Purple Kush
plants_00240.JPG

Coco coir White Widow
plants_00340.JPG

The DIY RDWC and sisters...
plants_00438.JPG

These will be a month old since popping out of their rooters on the 29th, that is 2 1200 watt (280 watts each actual draw) King Plus LED's that cost me $300 delivered, and seem to work ok so far, the bucket system with reservoir, air & water pumps cost another $250 plus a Saturday afternoon to put together, and there is another $100-150 for medium, testers and goodies plus $100 for nutes and a scrubber so with the seeds I probably have around $900-1000 in this set up.

I am sure there is more goodies I can blow my $$ on in the future:idea:

I did figure it out, its not to bad, so here they are...

Coco coir Purple Kush
plants_00240.JPG

Coco coir White Widow
plants_00340.JPG

The DIY RDWC and sisters...
plants_00438.JPG

These will be a month old since popping out of their rooters on the 29th, that is 2 1200 watt (280 watts each actual draw) King Plus LED's that cost me $300 delivered, and seem to work ok so far, the bucket system with reservoir, air & water pumps cost another $250 plus a Saturday afternoon to put together, and there is another $100-150 for medium, testers and goodies plus $100 for nutes and a scrubber so with the seeds I probably have around $900-1000 in this set up.

I am sure there is more goodies I can blow my $$ on in the future:idea:
Beautiful set up.

hi all looks like your off to a great start im also new to growing just finshed my 2nd room
learnt so much from the 1st room an did much better this time round

I spent $800 on my LED. California Light Works Solar System 550. 300w actual draw. Lifetime warranty. Full spectrum control. Programmable seasons. Can be linked to up to 100 units with 1 controller. I love my lights.

So far these are working great for Chinese lights, I figured I would try these for this grow and move up to bigger & better on the next, there are a lot to choose from, the COB light look interesting, sounds like people that have them are happy, I wanted something that did not give off so much heat and didn't suck so much juice. These are full spectrum but do not have the veg/bloom switch and not linkable but the do have a 3 year warranty so that will get me through a couple grows till I find something better.

Its a hobby so there is always a excuse to upgrade:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom