My First Grow

4-3/4 lbs...Same strains as you are growin' now?... Man, Hogdady impressive! Thanks for including 420 on this grow Brother! :popcorn:

No, that was the first pic in the thread....blueberry kush ;)

oh btw, I got all that apprentice wiring fixed! lol..

So here's the details:

Setup
8' x 13' room I built in my garage
2 - 1000w MH bulbs (switch to HPS at bloom) with Sunleaves hoods and switchable (mh/hps) magnetic ballasts
wired for 220v on a Intermatic 40 amp Mechanical Timer
1 - 8" Fantech with Carbon Filter for room ventilation w/2 - 14" x 22" furnace filter room intakes
1 - Gualala Robotics 5.0 Light Mover
2 - 6" wall mounted Fantechs for light cooling (thermostat controlled)
1 - 15,000 btu portable A/C unit

Grow
20 Hindu Kush and 18 Trainwreck from clones in 12" pots
FFOF soil with perlite and dolomite lime
GH Flora Series nutes with Cal-Mag and Hygrozyme
:ganjamon:

HIGH!! Im subscribed! You have a great set-up and Im jealous, but one day I will get to this level, one day! This next season I am doing a full outdoor grow and I can't wait!! Im super excited! :woohoo:

I love what you have done with your grow! Im watching and waiting to see how this turns out. I wish you great positive luck and hope your journey turns out in the end! :popcorn::popcorn:

:cheer:GREAT JOB HOGDADY!!!:cheer:

thnx much for the encouragement! It will be an exciting day when you start that outdoor gro! :smokin:

Hogdady,
sorry I was late to the game, you have a fantastic setup bro. reps to you. Ive been so wrapped up in my own grow that I dont spend enuf time on the other journals..Im sorry bout that. Keep it up and I appreciate all the reps and comments you post.

WOW!! nice digs dude!!! i like the light mover, how much does something like that set you back? i can't wait for your garden to bloom, it'll be mighty impressive for sure!!!! i'll be subscribed to this grow so i'll see you around.
good job and happy growing!!!!! +rep

thanks much for the compliments! the light mover was about $450, but it actually will save me about that much a month on electricity! :smokin:

Hogdady,
sorry I was late to the game, you have a fantastic setup bro. reps to you. Ive been so wrapped up in my own grow that I dont spend enuf time on the other journals..Im sorry bout that. Keep it up and I appreciate all the reps and comments you post.

glad you came by Cap'n! you sold me on the light mover....i was thinkin about it and when i saw what you did with it i figured that there aint nuthin wrong with the way it works....thnx again! ;)

Been 7 days since last pics Hogdady;) . How is it going over there? :slide:

but whose counting? always a pleasure to hear from you Weed! all looks good....will get some pics up later today....going to work always gets in the way of my real passion....:rollit:

Nice looking setup! My last room was set up in a very similar fashion, with the main difference being a SunCircle instead of a LightMover.

Had a messy breakup with the ex a couple of months back, stopped by the house one night a few days later with a truck and a couple of buddies to move the grow into my new place, and she had flushed all my seed stock (80 White Widow Max seeds, 50 Big Bud Seeds, and 20 Sour Grape!) taken a hammer to my lights, ballasts, and SunCircle and poured something into the pots that killed the plants almost instantly. Lost 12 Big Buds and 9 White Widow Max that were in week 6 of flower!!!

What REALLY pissed me off was that I told her I was coming to move the grow, and I would still give her 1lb of the finished product!

So now I'm back to basics, just started a new grow last week with 1 1000w HPS, all by itself (all I could afford to replace quickly) and have 10 White Widow and 1 "Mystery Seed" that I ordered from Seedmadness a few weeks ago that just sprouted. (Should have pics after this weekend)

Hopefully, by this time next year, I'll be back into a room setup like yours!

+ reps on the room bro! :goodjob:

Nice looking setup! My last room was set up in a very similar fashion, with the main difference being a SunCircle instead of a LightMover.

Had a messy breakup with the ex a couple of months back, stopped by the house one night a few days later with a truck and a couple of buddies to move the grow into my new place, and she had flushed all my seed stock (80 White Widow Max seeds, 50 Big Bud Seeds, and 20 Sour Grape!) taken a hammer to my lights, ballasts, and SunCircle and poured something into the pots that killed the plants almost instantly. Lost 12 Big Buds and 9 White Widow Max that were in week 6 of flower!!!

What REALLY pissed me off was that I told her I was coming to move the grow, and I would still give her 1lb of the finished product!

So now I'm back to basics, just started a new grow last week with 1 1000w HPS, all by itself (all I could afford to replace quickly) and have 10 White Widow and 1 "Mystery Seed" that I ordered from Seedmadness a few weeks ago that just sprouted. (Should have pics after this weekend)

Hopefully, by this time next year, I'll be back into a room setup like yours!

+ reps on the room bro! :goodjob:

we could really swap stories about that subject! thx for the comments! :yummy:

As Weed pointed out, it's seven days since they went in the soil. Some of the lower leaves were looking chlorotic, so off I went to the hydro store for some bat (insect eating variety) guano. They seem to be responding to the nitrogen postively. Lost one of the HK a few days back. Other than that, well, take a look. :riskybusiness:

trainwreck
S6300333s.jpg

trainwreck
S6300341s.jpg

hindu kush
S6300339s.jpg

trainwreck
S6300338s.jpg

Another late arrival to your journal, but it sure won't be my last visit!

Your first grow was insane!

++ Reps on an outstanding grow area design, first class stuff!

I too could speak volumes about former, vindictive spouses.

Best of luck on this grow.

Back
Top Bottom