My First Hydro Setup

Yeah ppm in was around 725 so around 150 ppm used and raised 0.6 ph.

I don't know what's going hon with it for it to be cupping down but if I'm honest a lot of Northern Lights I've grown do it so may be a little touch on the N.

I'm ordering some more calcium tomorrow with no nitrogen in so I can narrow the problems down, the one in using is Plant Magic Magne Cal+ and I'm going to get some Vita Link stuff, plus I have used the Vita Link and it never affected my other plants.

Yeah I sprayed them with the shower on really low temp water for around 5-10 seconds so nothing really over the top.

I have just started germinating my new seeds and I'm excited to try Cheese, plus it is classed as hydro so I will be growing them in here, at least while I'm growing these in coco I can make my Hydro Setup even better with a few more add ons, think I'm going for 11L standard square pots or 12L round fabric pot.

Yeah ppm in was around 725 so around 150 ppm used and raised 0.6 ph.

I don't know what's going hon with it for it to be cupping down but if I'm honest a lot of Northern Lights I've grown do it so may be a little touch on the N.

I'm ordering some more calcium tomorrow with no nitrogen in so I can narrow the problems down, the one in using is Plant Magic Magne Cal+ and I'm going to get some Vita Link stuff, plus I have used the Vita Link and it never affected my other plants.

Yeah I sprayed them with the shower on really low temp water for around 5-10 seconds so nothing really over the top.

I have just started germinating my new seeds and I'm excited to try Cheese, plus it is classed as hydro so I will be growing them in here, at least while I'm growing these in coco I can make my Hydro Setup even better with a few more add ons, think I'm going for 11L standard square pots or 12L round fabric pot.

K well then the numbers r still good even with everything going on. Your plants r eating and drinking properly. Lots of thinking will end with a much better system then something put together on the fly so don’t stress just concentrate on getting the mix right for those plants. You got this your playing with your mix watching you numbers so it should all come together. Lots of changes in these ladies life over the past two weeks so their probably trying to stabilize a bit as well. Can the new cal/mag you ordered be applied foliar as well??

Yeah I love getting things just right, when it's finished I will make sure the setup has everything it needs plus I will keep a few air and water pumps as back ups just inside any break, also get those better air stones.

I know they have definitely been through the mil poor things, hopefully adding this separate res and chilled will also help them.

Just looked on the cal mag site and it doesnt say if I can spray them.

Little update on the seeds, all 3 Cheese have germinated successfully so I'm over the moon with that, I will put them in some jiffy plugs tomorrow at some point.

The two flowering plants are doing doing okay, I'm going to top up with more water, cal mag and L/O tomorrow too.

Well today is day 10 of flower, little white hairs are starting to produce, soothe roots are getting a little better, it must of been the Velo Kelp as there's no more slime as such as well as no froth on the top of the water, I added some more Liquid Oxygen as well as the Remo Magnifical over the Plant Magic Magne Cal+ this time around to try it out, noticed it contains a lot more iron and 0.1% more Nitrogen PH'd to 5.8.

As I was taking photos my new air pump and air stones turned up, turns out that the loudness may not be the pump and rather the air stone so I'm going to try fit these new air stones but the problem is the base of my pots aren't flat, they rise in the middle so the air ball stones can slot in so I'm wondering if there is a glue that's safe to use?

The air pump I was using is 180/LPH and the new one is 400/LPH so a big difference and you can really notice how better it is, it will take a while to get my setup perfect just like it did with my coco and soil grows so while my Cheese are flowering I will concentrate making the hydro setup so that two is perfect.

The @SeedsMan Cheese seeds germinated within 24h and transplanted into the Jiffy Plugs around he 48h mark so for being this quick I highly recommend there seeds and I will for sure be ordering again when I can afford some more.

I'm also going for fabric pots but is there a way to water them without the water flowing through the sides?

Deciding whether or not to take clones from these two flowering plants yet with them having problems so maybe I will find some more seeds.

Don't suppose anyone has grew the strain Cheese from Seedsman?

Well today is day 10 of flower, little white hairs are starting to produce, soothe roots are getting a little better, it must of been the Velo Kelp as there's no more slime as such as well as no froth on the top of the water, I added some more Liquid Oxygen as well as the Remo Magnifical over the Plant Magic Magne Cal+ this time around to try it out, noticed it contains a lot more iron and 0.1% more Nitrogen PH'd to 5.8.

As I was taking photos my new air pump and air stones turned up, turns out that the loudness may not be the pump and rather the air stone so I'm going to try fit these new air stones but the problem is the base of my pots aren't flat, they rise in the middle so the air ball stones can slot in so I'm wondering if there is a glue that's safe to use?

The air pump I was using is 180/LPH and the new one is 400/LPH so a big difference and you can really notice how better it is, it will take a while to get my setup perfect just like it did with my coco and soil grows so while my Cheese are flowering I will concentrate making the hydro setup so that two is perfect.

The @SeedsMan Cheese seeds germinated within 24h and transplanted into the Jiffy Plugs around he 48h mark so for being this quick I highly recommend there seeds and I will for sure be ordering again when I can afford some more.

I'm also going for fabric pots but is there a way to water them without the water flowing through the sides?

Deciding whether or not to take clones from these two flowering plants yet with them having problems so maybe I will find some more seeds.

Don't suppose anyone has grew the strain Cheese from Seedsman?

Hey man I hope all is good. Nice stuff you got going on there. The bubbles look great and you could try sticking the air Stones down with aquarium grade silicone but if you do you can’t clean them when you res change. That’s a fabulous cloner setup you have.

Hello buddy I will take a look at that silicon, is it easy to come off do you know as I'm thinking of running the res next time around so the only time I would be cleaning them would be at the end of veg or every cycle I could try peel them off, clean and re-silicon.

These are great clients but I don't like the sprinkler this one currently has in as I have misplaced my 360 sprinkler one so I'm hoping this works, I never knew you kept them in the dark until rooted which I now know why some of my past clones have failed.

So the spots on the leaves are getting worse on the right plant which I'm still stuck on, there like little brown perfect dots but the left is fine apart from topping itself the other day.

I'm going to swap the MH for a HPS tonight, hoping to get the tent soon but for now there fine, this is the longest time I have went into veg and flower without a fan and filter.

The 3 Cheese are doing fantastic I had to water them this morning as they were very dry, I plan to put them in coco next week but I'm thinking of just transplanting straight into their 12L pots instead of small then finals, but overall great growth!

The clone is doing well at the moment, hoping to get roots soon so I can also pot that up too but I am thinking of using that as a mother, never kept a mother for the long term so I may need help and tips for keeping them that long especially as it will be permanently in my small seedling tent.

I managed to get some of this as I have been really ill and I have ran out, it's blue cheese and the really big down side off it for me is the smell, it's super citrus smell and taste plays havoc with my stomach but it's all good, very tight buds, but I'm unsure if I am cooking with it yet as when I smoke I only ever roll with bud so I thing I'm going to have to try find a substitute to add instead of just bud.

Hello buddy I will take a look at that silicon, is it easy to come off do you know as I'm thinking of running the res next time around so the only time I would be cleaning them would be at the end of veg or every cycle I could try peel them off, clean and re-silicon.

These are great clients but I don't like the sprinkler this one currently has in as I have misplaced my 360 sprinkler one so I'm hoping this works, I never knew you kept them in the dark until rooted which I now know why some of my past clones have failed.

So the spots on the leaves are getting worse on the right plant which I'm still stuck on, there like little brown perfect dots but the left is fine apart from topping itself the other day.

I'm going to swap the MH for a HPS tonight, hoping to get the tent soon but for now there fine, this is the longest time I have went into veg and flower without a fan and filter.

The 3 Cheese are doing fantastic I had to water them this morning as they were very dry, I plan to put them in coco next week but I'm thinking of just transplanting straight into their 12L pots instead of small then finals, but overall great growth!

The clone is doing well at the moment, hoping to get roots soon so I can also pot that up too but I am thinking of using that as a mother, never kept a mother for the long term so I may need help and tips for keeping them that long especially as it will be permanently in my small seedling tent.

Hey man I hope all is good with you. As far as peeling the silicone off I’m sure it would peel easy but I’m just guessing as I don’t use it. I saw someone on here using it for something so I just put it out there for you. That plant with the spots getting worse is so weird because the plant beside it is fine. They r being fed the same in the same environment getting the same care and is the same stain so Why do the spots persist? I just keep going back to this because it will not get better and I’m a need to know why type of person. Is the ppm falling at the same rate on both these plants???Anyways I know you have lots going on so hopefully these turn out good for you. They look good Just keep trying to get those spots under control. Maybe next time you purchase cal/mag get some that can be used as a foliar spray like this.
I have my Cali magic for mixing but I keep a 1L bottle of Botanicare Cal/Mag + around for when I feel they need a immediate fix by foliar spray.

As far as the clones I have a very similar sprayer inside and have great success. My clones never c dark. I run my 6400 k T5s 24/7 for them.

The mother your thinking about. All I can tell you about moms is they r the easiest part of my grow. As long as you water and feed properly you can abuse the shit out of them. I’m horrible for neglecting my moms but I know their limits well. Play safe man I hope you feel better

It's all good @Gutter444 take a seat lol.

I will grab some of that and foliar feed them tpday, the problem is my time with spraying will be very short won't it just with preflowers showing soon?

PPM is dropping around 50-100 for every 1L or so, oh rises around 0.5-6 over 3 days too but I'm looking into getting one of those on controllers too, I know there expensive but a machine that will do it all for me is perfect for me as I'm theory I can just plug and play and too up every few days or so with water and feed.

I really need some new lights for veg and flower, I was going to go for the mars wasn't I but limits on funds stopped that one in its tracks lol back to the drawing board.

What do you think I should plant the mother in though?

It's all good @Gutter444 take a seat lol.

I will grab some of that and foliar feed them tpday, the problem is my time with spraying will be very short won't it just with preflowers showing soon?

PPM is dropping around 50-100 for every 1L or so, oh rises around 0.5-6 over 3 days too but I'm looking into getting one of those on controllers too, I know there expensive but a machine that will do it all for me is perfect for me as I'm theory I can just plug and play and too up every few days or so with water and feed.

I really need some new lights for veg and flower, I was going to go for the mars wasn't I but limits on funds stopped that one in its tracks lol back to the drawing board.

What do you think I should plant the mother in though?
Hey man I hope all is good. The calmag Foliar spray could still be used for a bit but if funds r tight just try to wait until next time you buy some. Ppm dropping is good that means your topping off correct and the plants r still feeding and
drinking.
For moms I myself like to keep them in soil. I use pro mix Hp for my moms. By keeping them in soil even if the power goes out for an extended period no matter what I still have my chosen strains. As well as they r more forgiving when I neglect them. Play safe and enjoy man hope your feeling better

I'm going to give them a good spraying with some tonight as it's actually get pretty bad, but let's see what happens after a few days of spraying.

Even though the plant is ill it's actually growing faster than the left hand side so that's strange, going to oh my water tomorrow and adjust the water.

Lowered the light a lot more to so I need to keep an eye on temps, which the canopy at the moment is 23c but that's with the door open, it will soon have to be shut due to smells, but I'm wondering this though I have a Logitech webcam but can I get a cable that will convert to go into a tablet computer as I could get a long cable and have it running, I could always upload some videos too and it will also help me keep a track on the temps just in case there is a high spike.

I'm getting 12L pots fabric pots for my Cheese and using Canna Coco Professional Plus with perlite, so 30-36L of Coco with 10L of Permits mixed in, I don't quite know the ratio but it will help, I also plan to put a few layers of clay pebbles on the base of each pot then the coco/permits mix so if they do sit in water it won't affect them and the roots can still drink it if it needs it.

I will use soil then I thought that may be better as you can water every 4-5 days so that's good for me.

Stuck my clone under light so hopefully we will have some good results soon.

I'm going to give them a good spraying with some tonight as it's actually get pretty bad, but let's see what happens after a few days of spraying.

Even though the plant is ill it's actually growing faster than the left hand side so that's strange, going to oh my water tomorrow and adjust the water.

Lowered the light a lot more to so I need to keep an eye on temps, which the canopy at the moment is 23c but that's with the door open, it will soon have to be shut due to smells, but I'm wondering this though I have a Logitech webcam but can I get a cable that will convert to go into a tablet computer as I could get a long cable and have it running, I could always upload some videos too and it will also help me keep a track on the temps just in case there is a high spike.

I'm getting 12L pots fabric pots for my Cheese and using Canna Coco Professional Plus with perlite, so 30-36L of Coco with 10L of Permits mixed in, I don't quite know the ratio but it will help, I also plan to put a few layers of clay pebbles on the base of each pot then the coco/permits mix so if they do sit in water it won't affect them and the roots can still drink it if it needs it.

I will use soil then I thought that may be better as you can water every 4-5 days so that's good for me.

Stuck my clone under light so hopefully we will have some good results soon.

Hey man I hope all is good. I never realized how bad it was.
R those spots still only on one plant??R there any bugs?? Those spots r looking a little like spider mites symptoms. Just have a good look every where as they r tiny and r hard to See. Hopefully you find none then give them a spray tonight when the lights r off. Try to get the underside of the leafs.

I thought it could be least but the leaves are touching the other plant and there's no contamination to the next plant so I'm stumped, maybe it could be a problem to do with the roots maybe? Well using that it's all down to roots isn't it?

My coco ect has arrived so I will get it mixed up as soon as I can and get them transplanted, excited to see how the Remo nutrients turn out in coco, I also plan to re-use the coco so I can do my little bit for the planet.

I'm wondering how I'm going to train these plants eventually, I do have an idea in mind how I want them, so again trying to keep the canopy low and hopefully have a stem every 10cm2 or try for 5 stems per sqft but with that many I imagine the leaves would be a problem on either so I'm still a little unsure, I would like a high yield from them so any advice on getting the absolute best from these would be great!

So I plan to change the res today and hopefully get some good results soon, not much to say about them at the moment.

I thought it could be least but the leaves are touching the other plant and there's no contamination to the next plant so I'm stumped, maybe it could be a problem to do with the roots maybe? Well using that it's all down to roots isn't it?

My coco ect has arrived so I will get it mixed up as soon as I can and get them transplanted, excited to see how the Remo nutrients turn out in coco, I also plan to re-use the coco so I can do my little bit for the planet.

I'm wondering how I'm going to train these plants eventually, I do have an idea in mind how I want them, so again trying to keep the canopy low and hopefully have a stem every 10cm2 or try for 5 stems per sqft but with that many I imagine the leaves would be a problem on either so I'm still a little unsure, I would like a high yield from them so any advice on getting the absolute best from these would be great!

So I plan to change the res today and hopefully get some good results soon, not much to say about them at the moment.
Hey man how’s things?? So you looked and there’s no bugs/webbings nothing like that?? That great news. I hope all goes good with the res change and today and don’t forget to post ppm and ph before and after. I’m with you in thinking something with the roots zone is causing the spots on one plant only as everything else is the same and the other is fine. The foliar spay will help with this if this is the case.

You will figure out what training is best for you. Keep at it as it takes time to get it right for your space. Between LST/topping/mainline/scrog/supper cropping there r many to choose what works best in your setup. All my training is done at a much higher height then most because I have good head height for my lights. You’ll get a system down for your space.

Try to note the difference in the numbers between the two buckets before you res change ph/ppm. If there is any plz post. Enjoy man.

Back
Top Bottom