My First Hydro Setup

Just double checked there and full on bubbles, intake on the pump is on a real cool dry surface too, no idea to what's going on but I have just bought a clip on microscope for my phone so I can try get a good clear image of those trichomes.

I haven’t been following this saga and only read a few pages but here are some thoughts
- make sure your pH meter is clean and calibrated. pH in nutrients should be 5.8
- the colder the nutrients the greater the dissolved oxygen. The warmer the nutrients are the faster bacteria grow. The faster the bugs grow the quicker the oxygen is depleted. Try to get below 20 C (68 F).
- don’t add any nutrients that contains organic carbon. This is food for the bacteria. I think I saw you added kelp. Don’t until you have a handle on how much carbon your system can take without going anaerobic in the root mass.
- addition of symbiotic bacteria and fungi can compete with the pathogens for food thereby limiting their growth. Enzyme may work better for you. It does the same thing as the beneficial microbes
- give your system a peroxide wash before the next grow

Good luck

Hello bud thanks for that :).

If I'm honest I did have problems at the start with using the kelp and there's not a chance i would use it again, a lot of those Remo nutrients have small flakes in the nutrients so it can play a little havoc.

I did check my ph pen and it's bang on but the next time I grow with these systems in going to make them a recirculation system with a separate reservoir.

I just bought the Remo line for my next grow. I will watch for the insolubles. I will only use the kelp as a foliar spray. Recirculating is the way to go in my opinion. Way more control.

What temperature do you get in the nutrients presently?

The astroflower and nature's candy also have them in, bit of a nightmare but each to there own I suppose.

My temps range from 17-21c, did have a few water problems before but since I got my new pump nothing since.

So I managed to get some good photos, funny situation I found, top of the res water was freezing, where as the lower water was warm which was a weird situation.

I cleaned the pots and added some fresh water, Plagron Green Sensation and a some Calcium and added nitrogen to finish them off, I will keep topping up with plain water as the remaining days go on.

I'm thinking of building a harvest box somehow, I always fail on drying and either under dry or over dry so hopefully try and also find a controller to set it.

Checker trichomes again today and still a lot of clear with very few cloudy but one great thing is the left plant is now starting to close calyxes with very few fairs showing now so Friday next week they should be looking very nice and swelled :yahoo:.

Just topped up with plain water, think my pen is on the way out as i put a fair amount of ph down in and it never budged, all i need this time of the year is a faulty pen.

Plan is to harvest this friday, dont think im going to fully trim them this time around, of course the big leaves i will pull and the big sugar leaves but everything else i will leave, i also plan to hang the whole plant to dry as the branches are far apart enough to not cause any problems.

Im going to buy some marshmallow leaf to add in to smoking so my tolerance isnt so quickly on top of, once i start getting used to the high a little quicker i will just put less marshmallow leaf in.

@KCCO 77 Hello buddy, quick question if you could, there's little to no leaves that I think would be generating the plant energy but the bud leaves still look okay, so you think I should pluck the dying leaves or just leave them?

I hope your well bud.

@KCCO 77 Hello buddy, quick question if you could, there's little to no leaves that I think would be generating the plant energy but the bud leaves still look okay, so you think I should pluck the dying leaves or just leave them?

I hope your well bud.
Hey man I hope all is good. Not to sure to b honest. I would be more inclined to leave them as the plants r probably utilizing anything then can from them. Once they r more then 60 or 70 % dead then remove them maybe

Well today I harvested at day 65, I didn't fully from them as I don't have the time right now but I will dry from when there dry enough and use it as a filler for my medical needs :).

I'm not quite sure on the weight, maybe 3-4 pushing 5oz.

Gassy spell with a hint of citrus.

I have put them in my tent and turned the fans off as well as exhaust.

So I ended up with around 3oz of smokable bud so not my best grow I have ever harvested even though I had problems with a deficiency of sorts I think it was also down to me switching them to flower at such an early age and not the biggest of plants, bud structure isn't the greatest neither, almost like they had heat problems or like a sativa some buds sort of stringy but covered in trichomes.

It's more of a day time high as it's not the greatest to get me to sleep so the strain hunt continues, taste still isn't the greatest and once again that's down to me not being the greatest at drying or true early on set to cure.

I'm going to keep this journal open as I do plan to grow another two around the end of this year.

So this was harvested at 65 days, close to a month or just over of curing, first 3 weeks the taste was disgusting which I think is all down to the way I dry as I tend to always naff it up on the last stretch.
Now it's starting to taste a little like nutmeg, a berry taste of sort a rolls in off the tounge and leaves you with an almost cough sweet after breath but no where near as strong :laugh:.
The high isn't much to boast about, chopped to early with it being a 9-10 week strain this could have went to 11-12 easy which is not something I like in plants, I like something with a short flowering period so I can push for full affects towards 9 weeks.
Smell isn't the greatest neither which again I think is due to my drying skills.
Overall I probably wouldn't run this strain again, I love Northern Lights but this strain didn't quite cut it in anyway possible for me, the plants had problems from the minute they went into the oxy pots, ph/ppm,temps ect were all perfect and pretty much kept on top of Rom day one but still with problems, yield was around 90g dry from the pair above 250w & turned up to 400w on occasions.

Back
Top Bottom