My First Indoor Grow: Organic, LED, Air Pot, Topping, Training, Scrog

Hello all, nice to be here!

I have just started to learn my new hobby!
I bought a ton of equipment and i have spend a lot of more money on it then it was planned (never ending story?) ..
- Grow tent (Secret Jardin) 4x4 / 120x120 + 2 scrog nets
- Led (Telos 006): 4 x 180w
- Air pot: 0.2/1/5.5 gallon, 1/5/25 liter
- Organic fertilizer (biobizz)

Config:
- 16h Light
- 25 / 22 Celsius
- 60% RH

The plan is to make a scrog and fill upp the whole tent for a nice yield.
I want to make a nice organic weed for self use & medication.

Strains:
- Sour Diesel
- Lemon Shining Silver Haze
- Bubble Kush
- Special Queen 1

I put the seeds in the soil 7 weeks ago.
My plants have had a rough life and we hope this is changing now..

I made a soil mix with: 62% good soil, 12% perlit, 12% worm casting, 12% cocos
and i also added lime.
I shouldn't have added the lime, it says in the bag that its only for plants that like high ph..

So the ph have been to high directly from start.
I also got problems with sciaridae flies (i serious hate them) .. I just started the war on flies

And on top of this i also have been topping, two times (two base nodes),
each plant have 8 tops now. I also do lst to try to make them grow vertically

A week ago i decided to wash the soil in water to remove as much soil as possible,
and then re-potted them in the same pot (0,2 gallon / 1 liter).
This time i only used regular soil and 15/20% perlit.

They didn't die, they actually grow a bit the first 24 hours. My ladies are strong!

It take almost 4 days for the pot to dry, and i can fill each pot with 0,1 gallon / 0,5 liter with some runoff.
I have been reading that when the pot dry up every day its time to get a larger pot,
but i think maybe this is wrong?
I should probably re-potted them long time ago, but i think its strange they don't dry faster.

They are small but strong, and i hope it still can be good in the end,
the veg period will be longer then normal.

Attachments

• DSC_0007 - kopia.JPG
    DSC_0007 - kopia.JPG
    536.7 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0008 - kopia.JPG
    DSC_0008 - kopia.JPG
    555.1 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0009 - kopia.JPG
    DSC_0009 - kopia.JPG
    409.9 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0010 - kopia.JPG
    DSC_0010 - kopia.JPG
    464.3 KB · Views: 122
Tnx @Pbass !

They are now repotted to 5 liter (1.3 gallon) air pots

Soil mix : ~ 55% soil, 15% Worm humus, 15% - coco, 15% perlit, guano mix
Added some Mycorrhiza and watered with tea, mix from xtreme-gardening with extra fish & alg-mic (biobizz)

Removed the oldest fan to promote the smaller braches and did some more training.

Lemon's is looking good but a part of the root ball crashed while transplanting.
The Queen is very nice but Bubble Kush is small

I think it looks pretty nice now, slow "pre veg" lets see what happens, i feel exited !

Attachments

• Bubble Kush.JPG
    Bubble Kush.JPG
    741.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Lemon 1.JPG
    Lemon 1.JPG
    711.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Sour Diesel.JPG
    Sour Diesel.JPG
    714.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Special Queen 1.JPG
    Special Queen 1.JPG
    691.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Family.JPG
    Family.JPG
    969.1 KB · Views: 147
Strains, seeds from Buy Autoflowering & Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Royal Queen Seeds

Sour Diesel
The world famous Sour Diesel is now available in feminised seed from Royal Queen Seeds. We are proud to add this fine cannabis strain to our selection. This might be one of the most famous strains of cannabis on the planet; and maybe one of the strongest.

Perfect for indoor growing
Like many of the best cannabis strains coming out these days, Sour Diesel comes straight from California. It is a favourite with many smokers and growers. These powerful American genetics will grow well indoors around the world; outdoors, on the other hand, they need a warm climate, similar to California or Spain.
Very appealing resinous buds
This is a mostly Sativa strain which shows in both its growth structure and the strong high effect it gives when consumed. The plant develops its resinous buds and powerful aroma over a 10-week flowering period. These plants will grow to a height of around 100-130 cm, with some stretching during early flowering.
Chemical and sour flavour
Sour Diesel is a very pungent, aromatic strain. Heavy chemical, herbal and sour flavours come from its glistening buds. When grown well, it will give yields of 450-600 grams per square metre. This is both a yield in quantity and quality, producing high-quality, resinous, aromatic buds. Full Diesel power!

• Strain Type: Feminized
  • THC: 19%
  • CBD: Medium
  • Yield Indoor : 475 - 525 gr/m2
  • Yield Outdoor: 550 - 600 gr/plant
  • Height Indoor: 90 - 160 cm
  • Height Outdoor: 150 - 200 cm
  • Flowering time: 10 - 11 weeks
  • Harvest Month: Late October
  • Genetic Background: Original Diesel x (Northern light x Shiva x Hawaiian)
  • Type: Sativa 70% Indica 30%
  • Effect: Physical, clear high
  • Climate: Mild
  • Flavor: Herbs, Sour
Lemon Shining Silver Haze

Lemon Shining Silver Haze is a widely acclaimed marijuana strain that is sativa dominant. Popular for its characteristic fragrance, strong effects and good yield, this strain is sure to become one of your biggest cannabis seeds favorites of all time.

Like many other lemon strains, this one boasts a strong citrus fragrance that many people describe as sour, dank and skunky, yet fresh and sweet. Some others have likened the strain's flavor and smell to a strongly lemon-flavoured candy. This is most likely due to the relatively high concentrations of limonene present in this strain and ones like it. The taste is very much like the fragrance, which makes for a delicious smoking or vaping experience.
Effects
Because this strain is sativa dominant, it comes with all of the uplifting effects that are typical with most other sativa strains. There is a considerable mind high that is often said to be heavily psychedelic. There is also an increase in energy levels, creativity and motivation, which can be helpful when you have a lot to get done. The strain is frequently described as optimistic, euphoric, alert and capable of imparting feelings of well-being. The main duration of these effects typically lasts between two and three hours, eventually giving way to more of a relaxed, yet still energetic, body high. Due to the strongly stimulating effects of this strain, it is not advisable to use it immediately before bed as it may prevent sleep.
Yield and Growth Habit
Lemon Shining Silver Haze cannabis seeds generally flower within eight to nine weeks depending on how they're grown and how well they're cared for. With outdoor growing, you can usually expect to harvest the buds during the middle of October. Yields are typically in the neighbourhood of 425 to 475 grams per square meter, or upwards of 150 grams per plant, when grown indoors. When the strain is grown outdoors, it generally produces 450 to 500 grams per plant, but is reportedly capable of yielding 1,000 grams per plant with optimal care. Each plant reaches between 80 and 140 centimetres indoors, and 130 to 170 centimetres when grown outdoors.
The buds produced by the plant are often large and elongated. They possess a lovely tapestry of lime green with tinges of golden yellow that only seems to enhance the strain's lemony goodness. Like with most sativas, the buds are loose and fluffy. They're coated with a generous amount of red hairs and THC-rich trichomes that entice the senses.
Genetics and Potency
Lemon Shining Silver Haze is a hybrid of Lemon Skunk and Shining Silver Haze, both of which are sativas that feature a prominent lemon flavor and aroma of their own. It has one of the higher THC contents at roughly 25 percent with a CBD content of around 0.88 percent. Indeed, the strain is so potent that it won the 2008 High Times Cannabis Cup, which greatly increased its popularity.
If you're looking for a strain that is a good producer and has a pleasant effect and flavor, look no further. Buy Lemon Shining Silver Haze seeds from us today.

• THC: 21%
  • CBD: Low
  • Yield Indoor : 425 - 475 gr/m2
  • Yield Outdoor: 450 - 500 gr/plant
  • Height Indoor: 80 - 140 cm
  • Height Outdoor: 130 - 170 cm
  • Flowering time: 8 - 9 weeks
  • Harvest Month: Middle of October
  • Genetic Background: Lemon Skunk x Shining Silver Haze
  • Type: Sativa 75% Indica 25%
  • Effect: A combination of stoned + high
  • Flavor: Citrus, Sweet

Bubble Kush

The term ‘OG’ was originated in the hip-hop industry to mean ‘Original Gangster.’ But when it comes to cannabis, it might as well mean ‘Original Ganja,’ as OG Kush is one of the most popular strands available. When you mix that with the delicious taste of Bubble Gum cannabis, and you end up with a new strain of cannabis called Bubble Kush.

Amazing plant, great taste
Bubble Kush is a 80% Indica and 20% Sativa blend, and is 19% THC in total, making for the perfect natural high feeling. One toke of this bubba kush and you’ll immediately taste the gum-like flavor, which intertwines perfectly with the effects that you may be used to from OG Kush. If you are looking for a perfect mental high that lets you sit back and relax while you daydream in your own thoughts, this strain is the perfect option for that.
Fantastic growth results
If you decide to grow this plant indoors, you can expect to get a yield of 550-600 grams per plant. They also grow to a height of 80-140cm indoors. In comparison to some other stains, this is a solid sized plant that will produce plenty of green for you to enjoy.
If you prefer to have your growth outdoors, the best time to plan a harvest is at the end of September. Outdoor growths can expect to yield 600-650 grams per dried plant and range from 160-200cm in height. Consider the weather in your grow, so that you can assure your growth will not be affected due to changing temperatures.
This strain of kush is one of the biggest yielders when it comes to growth. It is likely due to the attention paid by Royal Queen Seeds when combining two of the most powerful strains of cannabis on the market. However, the only thing that might be bigger than the plant itself, is the type of high you can expect to have after enjoying this plant.
Sit back and relax
Because it is so heavily indicia dominate, this is considered a couch-lock cannabis strain as it will relax your body and mind. This makes it perfect for a day of watching your favorite football club while relaxing, or enjoying a smoke right before you turn in for the evening. Bubble Kush is also great for those that are looking for pain management, or relief from depression or insomnia.
In terms of its physical appearance, expect Bubble Kush to produce large nugs with dark greens and strands of red hairs throughout. Fresher Bubble Kush will also have huge visible crystals throughout. And when the plant is in growth, expect large and beautiful plants that can become quite copious during harvest.
If you have ever enjoyed the parents of this strain, then you are sure to like this new Bubble Kush Feminized. Not only do the seeds yield enough for you to get plenty of plant to harvest, but it also provides a fantastic finished product. The high that you’ll experience on Bubble Kush will only be matched by the taste of bubble gum during the consumption process. Be sure to give this sweet, earthy, pungent plant a try for something new and enjoyable.

• THC: 19%
  • Yield Indoor : 550 - 600 gr/m2
  • Yield Outdoor: 600 - 650 gr/plant
  • Height Outdoor: 160 - 200 cm
  • Flowering time: 8 - 10 weeks
  • Harvest Month: Late September
  • Genetic Background: Bubble Gum x O.G. Kush
  • Type: Sativa 20% Indica 80%
  • Effect: Stoned, physically and mentally
  • Flavor: Earthy, Pine, Sweet

Special Queen 1
In the '90s there was a mad dash from seed breeders and sellers to find that ultimate skunk. During this period, lots of growers tried to replicate that Mexican, Colombian, Afghan hybrid which resulted in a huge variety of new generation skunks.

Foundation for most European Strains
In the '90s there was a mad dash from seed breeders and sellers to find that ultimate skunk. During this period, lots of growers tried to replicate that Mexican, Colombian, Afghan hybrid which resulted in a huge variety of new generation skunks. The genetic features of these cannabis plants would eventually lay the foundation for almost every marijuana plant in Europe.
At Royal Queen Seeds we decided to bring you a typical Skunk hybrid at a low-cost price. Perfect for a first-time grower who doesn't want to invest too much in his experimental growing. This Special Queen is a classic skunk that grows with ease, doesn't stretch too much and can be harvested in 8 weeks.
Buds, buds everywhere
Indoors it will grow to 1.5 m, so it will need a little more room. Outdoors this marijuana plant will grow to over 3 m. It needs lots of good sun but is also suitable for northern European climates like in the Netherlands or Great Britain. A sativa dominant, its buds are spread out all over the plant, providing an excellent yield for an 8 week sativa.
Indoors, Special Queen feminized will yield about 500g per square metre under a 600W light. Outdoors, this plant will grow big and strong and can yield over 550 g per plant. Care should be given to provide it with all the nutrients and water it will need to grow big and strong, while making sure not to give it too much.
Low maintenance suitable for any growing technique
This Cannabis strain is relatively easy to grow with little maintenance, making it a suitable contender for those commercial crops. Perfect in both hydro and soil set ups, Special Queen is well-suited for the sea/screen of green operations. We recommend 8 weeks flowering for this Cannabis strain; however some growers have harvested as early as week 7.
Relax!
The smoke from Special Queen feminized is that of a classic skunk stone. Mostly mental, Special Queen provides smokers with an uplifting high that will relax even the most anxious stoners.
Special Queen is a classic skunk brought to you in a feminized seed at a reasonable price. We are certain you will have difficulty finding a feminized seed with as great value as this strain.

• THC: 18%
  • Yield Indoor : 500 - 550 gr/m2
  • Yield Outdoor: 500 - 550 gr/plant
  • Height Outdoor: 200 - 270 cm
  • Flowering time: 7 - 8 weeks
  • Harvest Month: Late September
  • Genetic Background: Power Bud x Skunk
  • Type: Sativa 50% Indica 50%
  • Effect: Extremely high, long-lasting, body relaxing
  • Flavor: Sweet, Fruity, Spices

They look a lot better now, and they are growing good!

I sprayed them with fish-mix & alg-a-mic two days ago.

I can see some "taco effect" but i have the light higher then recommendation from manufacturer, maybe i should put them even higher .. ? Or is this taco effect so small that its normal and i should try to lower the light?

I can also see that the edges of the leaf bending up, i dont know if this is due overwatering (they got ~2 liter per 5 liter pot, 4 days after watering and soil is still wet) or if its heat stress but its max 25/26 Celsius in the grow room.

Two of the plants is lighter then the other two, maybe this have to do with genetics.

So possible changes:
- lower light
- raise light
- water less (stop before water coming out of the pot)
- add more perlit to soil mix

DSC_0028.jpg

This is my mini tea brewery (10 liter / 2 gallon), very simple.
I think its to small for the next step, 4x25liter (5,5 gallon) air-pots.

And i just order a new 120x120 tent (4x4), so in the future i can have 8x25 liter and i guess i could water with ~10 liter per pot.. So my next brewery should be 10 times bigger...

I made a mix with worm cast, bat guano, fish mix, alg-a-mix & molasses.
My tea bag is to small it can only hold 1dl of worm cast and the recipe says 2dl but with the extra guano i think it will be ok..

Now i just hope the girls are dry tomorrow, maybe i can stretch the brew 1 more day.. Otherwise all my other flowers will be happy :)

DSC_0029.JPG

This is not the dreaded taco from heat or too much light... this is the normal way a leaf increases its ability to catch wind and evaporate off more water. This is a sign of a healthy plant with good transpiration... not a problem at all.

Oh, tnx!, you make me happy :)

Then i should try to lower my light, maybe that also can help them to drink more!

@Emilya i read your watering guide a couple of month ago (before i registered a user here),
big tnx for the guide! I'm going for that after next repotting,
have your tried your technique with air-pots ?

@Emilya i liked the fact that you can get the air-pots completely clean between the grows, i heard that can be a bit of problem with fabric, ? Air-pots are expensive to buy, but they should last for long (i hope).

They was not dry enough for a complete water (6 days ago they got water), so they got a sip each, split on 2 liters and i put most of it in the outer area.

But i don't know if these tea thing is going to be something i do regularly, now with my own mix it smells radar much and the whole processes is a bit messy (and nasty).. Maybe i should go for the premade from xtreme gardening it didn't smell that much, but it will be expensive if i use it often in the bigger pots..

I think i saw some extra growth after i lowered the light to just over 80 cm.
Fan leaves everywhere, and new baby leaves is is growing out everywhere, they are bushy, maybe i should start to trim away some leaves to promote thinner growth..

9 days since they got the new pots, they are growing so much more then before (yay!).

Today they got a full water and i also tied them down a bit, they are looking bushy.

I didn't remove any leaves.

My plan was to try to take some better pics but i have been sick today so didn't have the energy to try, but here is a overview photo

DSC_0029.JPG

Today they got 7 liter compost tea and i also top dressed with some ewc.

I also installed the scrog-net today.

Got some problem with some yellow leafs,my guess its Nitrogen deficiency or maybe it because i lowered the lamp to much (they all started to droop). But i hope the correct lamp distance and some ewc will fix the yellow leaf problem.

Im also getting a new tent so i will be running two parallel tents so i get a constant electric flow when running flower, i dont know if this is necessary but its a security concern and it let my max out max yield.

Should probably repot in 1 or 2 weeks

DSC_0042.JPG

They look very pale and get a lot of yellowing leafs..

I'm not to happy with the progress, i hope i get my nutes on the mail soon..

I have been feeding with fish-mix and top dressed with some guano bat stuff, but maybe to little, they are still green and i don't think i can see a nute burn..

/sad face

Attachments

• DSC_0091.JPG
    DSC_0091.JPG
    889.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0092.JPG
    DSC_0092.JPG
    940.9 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0093.JPG
    DSC_0093.JPG
    967.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0094.JPG
    DSC_0094.JPG
    830.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0095.JPG
    DSC_0095.JPG
    655.7 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0096.JPG
    DSC_0096.JPG
    537.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0097.JPG
    472.7 KB · Views: 121
Hello again!

Now stuff is happening!

I repotted 15 days ago and they started to grow like crazy.
I added some blood/bone meal and guano to the soil.
And now i also have a bottle of bio bizz grow and they they love it.

Im now fixing my other tent and im going to split them, two in each tent.
And soon im going into flower.

soon 14 weeks in veg, slow start but now it feels very god.

The flyes (Sciaridae) is still here and i still hate em. after flower im going to kill em all..

@Emilya you got any feedback for me? :)

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
Its now 3 weeks in bloom,
i got some (to many?) yellow leaf on the "Lemon Shining Silver Haze",
what can this be? Magnesium? @Emilya do you want to try to help me ? :)

DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0013.JPG

The Bubble Kush have no yellow leafs, but same nutes.
DSC_0012.JPG

The other to is sleeping so now photo today, but they look pretty good.

bubble & lemon update
Just gave them two big msk guano powder each and some extra soil mix.
watered with 7 liter water with x-tream garden tea (24h brew) and some extra added nuts (bio bizz).

Bubble is now on water diet for 2 weeks before chopping ...

I water every other day with 4 liters per pot.

I got a microscope this week and here is some close up pictures

2020-04-09-140018.jpg2020-04-09-140034.jpg2020-04-09-140042.jpg2020-04-09-201107.jpg2020-04-09-201114.jpg2020-04-09-201146.jpg2020-04-09-201219.jpg2020-04-09-201225.jpg2020-04-09-201314.jpg2020-04-09-201329.jpg

Back
Top Bottom