My first indoor setup, help and advice are more than welcome :)

ram420

Hey guys,

So I'm planning my first indoor setup, although i have gone through a couple of harvests outdoors, it is my first attempt at an indoor cultivation. I have done a lot of research, but would still appreciate your opinions and advice on a few parts I am still unsure about.
I plan on ordering a complete grow kit, to avoid the hassle, and have pretty much decided on the following kit: (https://www.hydroponica.biz/dr100-1-0...-kit-4777.html)
the kit includes:
> DARKROOM 80cm x 80cm x 1.6m
> 400w Lumatek dimmable digital Ballast (250w, 400w and super lumens settings)
> Sunmaster Dual Spectrum bulb and Euro shade.
> Plug and Grow 22amp timer (Runs upto 2 x 600w lights).
> 100mm TT fan and 100mm carbon filter.
> 2 easy rolls.
> 2 ducting clips.
> 5m 100mm Ducting

My first question is whether the 400w light is an hps light ? (any thoughts or advice about the dual spectrum lights ? is it really a better choice than to use a MH for vegetation and then an HPS for flowering ?)
Secondly do you think I am going to run into any problems such as over heating, or a lack of air circulation, or none enough space given this setup ?
Thirdly, how many plants could I be growing at optimum conditions in a tent this size ?
Since the kit comes with a digital ballast, should I tweak the light down to say 250w during the seedling phase ?
How do you think i should set the air circulation within the tent ? ( I read something about having the inline fan coming in the bottom part of the tent then setting up the carbon filter at the top of the tent ?)
How well does a carbon filter work at keeping the stench away ? (and how loud do you think the setup will be, I plan on setting it up in my bed room so I wouldn't want it to compromise on my sleep
Lastly, Is there anything major regarding the setup that I am forgetting ? (apart from the actual growing equipment i.e. pots, soil, measuring devices etc.. )

I know I am asking a lot, but I would rather be pro-active and foresee any issues, rather than be reactive.
Any answers and advice is appreciated

Thanks a lot,:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom