My First Journal: GG#4 In DWC & Soil

Fill the net pot full the roots will grow down to the water. Keep the bucket full within a 2-3 inches of the bottom of the net pot splash from your air pump will keep things hydrated. AN is good but it’s very expensive to use. I’ve used Dynagro with good success. Change your water once a week. And a good enzyme cleaner like Z7 will keep everything nice and clean. I run my ph between 5.8-6.2. Anything less than 5.8 you risk locking out calcium.

Fill the net pot full the roots will grow down to the water. Keep the bucket full within a 2-3 inches of the bottom of the net pot splash from your air pump will keep things hydrated. AN is good but it’s very expensive to use. I’ve used Dynagro with good success. Change your water once a week. And a good enzyme cleaner like Z7 will keep everything nice and clean. I run my ph between 5.8-6.2. Anything less than 5.8 you risk locking out calcium.
Thank you for the tips. I got to admit, it feels so weird going from soil where you can literally drown your plant to growing in water. I am sure in time I'll get used to it. I see the Z7 mentioned alot so it's something I'll be buying today.

Z7 is an enzyme that eats slime and organic material in your Rez keeping it squeaky clean.
Does it dissolve completely in the water? The Fox Farm nutrients that I am using now leave a build-up in the bottom of the bucket. My water looks like its boiling so I believe the pump is strong enough. Roots are growing well and no discoloration of the leaves so I believe I got it somewhat down.

Ya Z7 or Z9 if your in Canada was a game changer for me awsome stuff and a little goes a long way.
I am in the states so Ebay and Amazon are my best friends. I am checking around now to see what my options are. I like to check local garden shops that ship too. Sometimes I get lucky...

Rich Farmer got some bad Z7 from an non authorized dealer on Amazon. Flying Skull nutrients make Z7 see if you can order directly from them.
Good to know. I just checked their site and luckily I am not in Maryland or Canada so I can get it shipped directly from them. Out of curiosity....is it better to PH the water first then add the nutrients and things like Z7 or add everything then PH the water?

EDIT***I hope that wasn't a stupid question.

Add everything then pH it

I've got old nutes off Amazon

I'd search for a local hydro store near you for that

I just hit mine today, all nice and fresh

Add everything then pH it

I've got old nutes off Amazon

I'd search for a local hydro store near you for that

I just hit mine today, all nice and fresh
I lived in the same city for all my life. Just searched for a local shop and never once knew it was there. Imagine that.

My local store has as good or better deals than online, and they know their stuff

So I buy from them 99% of the time

My local store has as good or better deals than online, and they know their stuff

So I buy from them 99% of the time
Hopefully this is the case for me. Plus it's a win win situation. It's a small local shop so it'll help them when I start bringing my business to them. Hopefully the prices are within range. I am about 30 or so minutes away from a bigger city so I may even just make the trip to them as well just to compare.

Thank you everyone for all the helpful tips. It'll go a long way in helping me keep the little lady healthy and happy. I am liking spending the extra time with this plant though were I wasn't spending even half this amount of time with the plants in soil.

I think you'll like Dwc. I grew in soil for the first year on this site and I've really liked the switch to hydro it gives you complete control over what your feeding and can tell right away if the plant likes it because it responds in 12 to 24 hrs as opposed to soil where it can take days.

I think you'll like Dwc. I grew in soil for the first year on this site and I've really liked the switch to hydro it gives you complete control over what your feeding and can tell right away if the plant likes it because it responds in 12 to 24 hrs as opposed to soil where it can take days.
So far so good. I think that's what is sticking out the most with this plant. I have always liked working with them. Now that I have control over everything I can really see me adding a complete 4 site system in my tent for future grows. I am already ordering parts to build my own bubble cloner. I have good rates with the way I clone now but the bubbler will make life much easier.

Does it dissolve completely in the water? The Fox Farm nutrients that I am using now leave a build-up in the bottom of the bucket. My water looks like its boiling so I believe the pump is strong enough. Roots are growing well and no discoloration of the leaves so I believe I got it somewhat down.
Z7 is a liquid so no residue

So a little background on my GG in the soil. Normally, I reuse my soil. I happen to plant the sprout into fresh FFOF soil. Since the soil is fresh, I don't start any feeds for the first couple weeks. Around Day 15 is when I like to top the plant. A few days later after the topped plant responds, is when I move them into 3 gallon pots. If I use new soil, I don't start any feeds for about the 2nd weeks after the transplant. If I see the plant is showing signs of needing to feed, I'll start a 25% feed when needed.

Z7 is a liquid so no residue
I am not sure if you have used Fox Farm before in DWC....but the Big Bloom leaves like a build-up on the bottom of my bucket. This is what had me thinking the pump wasn't strong enough. The water is "boiling" rapidly and well enough IMO but yet I still get the fine build-up on the bottom. It isn't much either but it's there...

EDIT*** I can get a picture if needed.

Back
Top Bottom