My First Journal: GG#4 In DWC & Soil

Run ph around 6.2-6.4
Give her a shot of bloom formula
Just did it....I don't know why but according to the Fox Farm schedule, this week had me skipping bloom nutes. I did not do that but I also dropped it down from 10ml per gallon to 5 ml per gallon for just this week. Possible why it started to show the problem it did. She is an above average feeder but not too extreme. I also figured since I am heading into week 5 that it would be close to when I would start to see some discoloration of the leaves starting.

It will start fading yes but not burning like that.
I am just going to recalibrate the PH pen again to make sure that is correct. I got her PH bumped up and added 10 ml of bloom nutes to the res. If it looks like it's getting worse in the next 24-48 hours, I will just change the res out again. Out of curiosity.....would the oxygen the roots get cause lockouts and problems? Like, how does one tell when there's too much or too little oxygen for the roots?

My Love Potion #69 popped a pistol. Noticed it today when I was training her. Not in flower yet.
96234018_712485242912043_1438885598315151360_n.jpg
96551122_626295917966737_1071875106659106816_n.jpg

Changing out my res again this morning. Something is up as she is not drinking much or feeding. With the change I am only going to give her 50% of what I should be giving her. Just going to drop it some until she feeds and drinks again.

GG#4 on the far right. She may not be as big as her DWC sister but her buds are better formed and I see more trichome production on the soil plant. She is about a week behind in flowering from the DWC plant.
96277038_543778566561873_2245666419997933568_n.jpg

Looking great bubbs
Thanks. My dwc plant is having some problems. Just gave her a new res change and lowered her feed just a little. Seems like it's not eating or drinking right now.

Tent looks great BubbleBucketz I know the feeling on your hydro, I'm just messing with it small time, it's not forgiving or easy to read like soil! CHeers mate!

Tent looks great BubbleBucketz I know the feeling on your hydro, I'm just messing with it small time, it's not forgiving or easy to read like soil! CHeers mate!
Thanks! Yea you really need to be on your toes with DWC. I am more then likely over reacting as it is my first plant grown this way. If this was soil, I would not be sweating it right now. Just seems like each day I open the tent on the 3x3 that the DWC is getting worse and worse. Hopefully the measures I had taken today are enough to get her back on track again.

It's not uncommon for nutrient uptake to slow down in plants as they near the end of their life cycle. Pictures of the plant in question help. But you've already done a water change so as long as you've mixed your nutrients properly you're good to go.
Thanks! Yea you really need to be on your toes with DWC. I am more then likely over reacting as it is my first plant grown this way. If this was soil, I would not be sweating it right now. Just seems like each day I open the tent on the 3x3 that the DWC is getting worse and worse. Hopefully the measures I had taken today are enough to get her back on track again.

I think it's easier to correct in hydro than soil. Change the water and start over. You can't really swap all the soil out of a container the way you can with hydro.

But a good soil grow should be water only, if your using bottled nutrients in dirt why bother?

That chart has served us well so far, the beauty of hydro is you can quickly reset to proper conditions. Remember the affected leaves will not get better so watch your newer growth for recovery.

That chart has served us well so far, the beauty of hydro is you can quickly reset to proper conditions. Remember the affected leaves will not get better so watch your newer growth for recovery.
See that's the problem....I only see it affecting the largest fan leaves. Bud sites and sugar leaves are fine. Seems only the largest of fan leaves are being affected. My lights went off a few hours ago, so hopefully she looks overall a little better. She just has a very bad wilt with those biggest leaves having the problems. I also have 2 different brands of PH meters showing the same PH also calibrated with different solutions so I know it's not that either.

But a good soil grow should be water only, if your using bottled nutrients in dirt why bother
Not quite sure where this comes from, seems like there's some pretty successful results around here with soil and bottle nutes. I'm just a newbie dabbling without spending the bucks on all the gear though so my observations are just observations. Good luck to ya BB!

Back
Top Bottom